The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Out of sync after kills?

• antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    I got his bug the very first time I went to Necrom. It happens to me any time, any where, and zone. When I kill an enemy I can't put my weapon away and can't interact with anything using "E". It doesn't happen every time, but mostly. Open inventory doesn't fix it. Sometimes killing another enemy fixes it - temporarily. ReloadUI fixes it - again until the next time. Really bad in dungeons I'm using ReloadUI every few minutes.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought it was just me. Noticing it more on arcanist honestly
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this problem. Once, crouching fixed it, other times it didn't. No add-ons installed so it's nothing to do with add-ons.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, playing sorc so not a class issue I think.

Tried disabling all addons and still ran into it, so definitely a bug somewhere in the game.

I first started having (and reporting) this problem around the Elsweyr event, happened mainly with dragons. It has been happening more and more since then, at seemingly random times and occasions. Now it happens about every 5 to 15 minutes.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I've had issues interacting with things like containers and quest items, where the E prompt won't even appear. This is generally after fighting...

I noticed that exact same thing a few times yesterday.
    PCNA
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have this happen all the time since the update. Doesn't matter which zone. Playing my main and not an Archanist. I do not have the previously mentioned addons installed. Have to bar swap to loot. When it happens, I cannot loot, harvest nodes, interact with treasure chests, use a wayshrine, or anything else that requires interaction.
    Edited by cyclonus11 on June 8, 2023 2:43PM
  • Psyphiman
    Psyphiman
    Happens to me too. Roll dodge or bar swap fix it.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue has been live in game for years.
    I don't have Arcanist, and it still happens.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/635121/and-i-still-have-to-swap-weapons-to-loot-a-body-after-combat#latest
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    This issue has been live in game for years.
    I don't have Arcanist, and it still happens.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/635121/and-i-still-have-to-swap-weapons-to-loot-a-body-after-combat#latest

Playing since launch I've experienced it once in a while, as in barely a handful of times over 9+ years, but since this week's update I've experienced it several times on PC NA, but not in the last few hours, and not as yet this week on PC EU. It's never been about a particular class and it doesn't relate to add-ons as I don't use them.

UPDATE: It has happened to me on PC EU now.
    Edited by Tandor on June 9, 2023 12:46PM
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue. Changing weapons fixes it, but it's still annoying, especially if you're on an Oaken build.

Edit: Happening on my main (necro).
    Edited by Vorkk8383 on June 8, 2023 9:30PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hitting this a lot - really annoying below level 15.
    Edited by etchedpixels on June 8, 2023 10:49PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. I only play Nightblade. Something happens that prevents me from interacting with the world (also, sheathing your weapon becomes impossible) until you press ~ to swap your weapon.
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a One Bar Build and I am now using Roll Dodge as a work around. But I shouldn't have to. This is super annoying.

When it happens you Can't mount, sheathe weapon, use a wayshrine, harvest a node, loot the body of the mob you just killed, the list goes on.

Never had this bug until the Update.
    After the update, it began as an occasional thing that happened.
    Now it is happening to me very frequently.
    It's definitely getting worse.

Edited by Tia413 on June 10, 2023 8:37PM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    Was this suppose to be fixed in patch? If so it is not still happening as of right now on UK.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcboland wrote: »
    Was this suppose to be fixed in patch? If so it is not still happening as of right now on UK.

It was not mentioned in the patch notes. Whether they are actually going to fix it, and when, who knows.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the mouse disconnect ingame when this happens. Can't use skills or press E. Arrow keys keep working.
    Noticed often that I had something in chat box before a death (pvp).
    Only fixable by hardcrashing out or just standing there a very long time.
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get any feedback from ZOS on this matter? The problem with not being able to interact with the world until swapping weapons is still active after patch 9.0.6
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    If anything, the bug has gotten worse sine the patch. It happens to me about 80% of the time after combat. Cannot interact with corpse to loot after killing, cannot interact with anything, cannot sheath my weapon either. It's horrible and makes this game terribly annoying to play.
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to figure out if this is on my end or not. After some, not all, kills, I become desynced so I can't interact with anything. I have to reloadui or port out and back in to reset it. Anyone else seeing this?

Same thing here, can't "interact" with anything after defeating a mob.
    You can roll-dodge to re-enable it.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How I'm playing this release:
    Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

Very Limp Bizkit early 2000s.

Hopefully Gina or someone else will confirm this is a thing
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    It most definitely is a thing, otherwise you would be the only person experiencing this bug.

For me it's become normal for me to press the weapon swap key every time combat ends. I've become used to it, but it's not a natural way to play the game. This NEEDS to be fixed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbrianj wrote: »
    It most definitely is a thing, otherwise you would be the only person experiencing this bug.

For me it's become normal for me to press the weapon swap key every time combat ends. I've become used to it, but it's not a natural way to play the game. This NEEDS to be fixed.

For me, it is more noticeable on my Oakensoul builds. I use weapon swap to defeat the delay that they added that requires me to draw my weapon and talk to it nicely before starting combat. :neutral: I am always pressing the weapon swap, now. In combat, before combat, after combat, between combat, in my sleep...
    Edited by Elsonso on June 23, 2023 11:14AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I'm playing this release:
    Rollin', rollin', rollin'...

Very Limp Bizkit early 2000s.

Hopefully Gina or someone else will confirm this is a thing

The song is originally from the old cowboy series Rawhide (yes I'm old ;))
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    I've had the mouse disconnect ingame when this happens. Can't use skills or press E. Arrow keys keep working.
    Noticed often that I had something in chat box before a death (pvp).
    Only fixable by hardcrashing out or just standing there a very long time.
    I get the mouse problem that leaves me with just the cursor on the play screen, can't turn/aim (no reticle) and can't interact.
    The only fix that works for me is restarting the game, just logging out/in wont fix it.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.