Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Out of sync after kills?

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Trying to figure out if this is on my end or not. After some, not all, kills, I become desynced so I can't interact with anything. I have to reloadui or port out and back in to reset it. Anyone else seeing this?
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on June 6, 2023 4:31PM
PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had issues interacting with things like containers and quest items, where the E prompt won't even appear. This is generally after fighting so maybe the trigger is kills (but not consistently). Bar-swapping takes care of it for me.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I've had issues interacting with things like containers and quest items, where the E prompt won't even appear. This is generally after fighting so maybe the trigger is kills (but not consistently). Bar-swapping takes care of it for me.

Ooh I haven't tried bar swapping to fix it. I'll try it.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll dodge also works for me. I figured something was wrong when I was unable to loot the bajillion urns in the tutorial.
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too am having this issue. And it's not choosy as to when it may affect you.
    Tried a Repair via the Launcher because I thought maybe my files got corrupted while updating the game yesterday, and it didn't help.

Can this please get looked into @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Edited by Tia413 on June 6, 2023 3:11PM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Target range on a lot of things are much smaller than before, trying to hit that Wagon outside of Mournhold to go to the new zone, I had to stand right on top of it for it not to be "out of range" for it to port.
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Target range on a lot of things are much smaller than before, trying to hit that Wagon outside of Mournhold to go to the new zone, I had to stand right on top of it for it not to be "out of range" for it to port.

That sounds like a whole different issue to me than what I am talking about.

I will use as an example one of the times I faced this issue.... I was standing fishing, minding my own business and a crocodile decided that I was a bit too close to him and apparently I looked like a tasty appetizer to him.
    He comes over to get his snack, I killed him, and turned back around to continue fishing and I could no longer interact with the fishing hole.
    You can run around in circles around the object to try to interact with it and nothing.
    You can stand on top of it and do a hula dance, nothing.
    Meanwhile, The fish in the fishing hole that I was trying to deplete were all jumping in and out of the water laughing at me because I could no longer try to catch them...

And such is the story.
    It happens on Barrels, Crates, Mobs you just killed, Fishing Holes, NPC's, etc.
    On land, in a Public Dungeon, in a Delve, In the water.....it don't matter.
    You just all of a sudden lose all chances of Interacting with objects.
    Unless you are lucky enough to find a way to break out of Zos' No Interaction with the Target jail.

*** Tried to explain this issue as best I could and with a bit of humor.
    Edited by Tia413 on June 6, 2023 3:50PM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bar swapping does fix it, but it just keeps happening
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I appreciate the advice but this is definitely desyncing, no matter what you try to interact with, at any range.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bar swapping does fix it, but it just keeps happening

One Bar build here but I will try roll dodging, mounting, and jumping to see if any of those toss me the key to Zos' No Interaction with the Target jail.

And Yes all this things are just a temporary fix.

This does need Zos' attention and needs to be fixed asap.
    Edited by Tia413 on June 6, 2023 3:58PM
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Kevin

Can someone please share some Zos insight on this? And hopefully a fix.
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to Bugs, we think it is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i noticed this a few times during a public dungeon run with my girlfriend yesterday, there were times i could not loot until i bar swapped

didnt seem to happen all of the time, but enough to be noticeable

after the mob was dead then i tried looting and was like "huh, thats weird, no loot interaction" and it took me 2 instances of that happening to figure out that bar swap fixed it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kraken wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to Bugs, we think it is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank You @ZOS_Kraken :)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Sorry, I figured it was just on my end so I didn't put it there to begin with. Didn't know it was a bug yet!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • xxxvodnikxxx
    xxxvodnikxxx
    ✭✭
    Sometimes barswap helps, sometimes opening a crown store and rolling out of it, in thea worts cases usually reloadui fix these kind of the isuses.

The same for unavailability to cast spells
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do a roll-dodge, since IIRC that was what a dev recommended a few years ago in a thread about this type of issue. But I'll definitely try bar-swapping to see if it helps, as that might be quicker.

For me, there are certain types of enemies that nearly always cause this issue to happen, such as a Bone Colossus. The first time I really became aware of it was back when Elsweyr was released (because of all the Bone Colossi in one of the public dungeons there), but it doesn't matter whether I'm in Wrothgar, or Cyrodiil, or anywhere else-- after fighting a Bone Colossus, I almost always need to roll-dodge to loot anything.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

This and looting kills. Used to happen rarely now it's pretty frequently since update. I think there's another thread about this that I posted in, too.
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    this morning i killed a few npcs guarding a chest in IC elven gardens and couldn't loot either the corpses or the chest for a maybe 15 seconds, resolved after blowing up the forge; thanks to other posters for roll dodge and bar swap advice
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to figure out if this is on my end or not. After some, not all, kills, I become desynced so I can't interact with anything. I have to reloadui or port out and back in to reset it. Anyone else seeing this?

Its not just you heard tons in 5 guilds on both servers having same issue. Could be addon caused I guess.
    Just tried dodge roll no luck for me still had to reloadui.
    Edited by Mcboland on June 7, 2023 3:58PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Got trapped behind a door I could not interact with in a dungeon. At that time, /reloadui was all I knew that worked. Overall, happened three times during a single dungeon run, but I only had to /reloadui one time.

As a one-bar build, at the time, weapon swapping is possible but more complicated. Did not try roll dodge. I did find out that getting back into a combat usually fixed it, if there is something left alive to combat with.

I have not ruled out an addon like NoInteract or NoThankYou that turns off interactions with various objects.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Yes. Got trapped behind a door I could not interact with in a dungeon. At that time, /reloadui was all I knew that worked. Overall, happened three times during a single dungeon run, but I only had to /reloadui one time.

As a one-bar build, at the time, weapon swapping is possible but more complicated. Did not try roll dodge. I did find out that getting back into a combat usually fixed it, if there is something left alive to combat with.

I have not ruled out an addon like NoInteract or NoThankYou that turns off interactions with various objects.

bringing up no thank you addon could also be a culprit (as the addon is a bit outdated and has a known issue with stuff like lorebooks)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    roll dodge works for me. Happens all the time.

Using Arcanist skills, then boom you can't loot, interact with environment.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For what it's worth, I don't use either of these addons.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    me also getting very long delays to be able to loot enemies you just killed but its not all the time. some times its fine then it takes between 5-10 seconds before you can interact with the body to loot it. definately started after4 expansion and getting annoying if group in dungeon dont want to wait for you
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    roll dodge works for me. Happens all the time.

Using Arcanist skills, then boom you can't loot, interact with environment.

I don't run an Arcanist, but I have run with them, and coincidental or not, I was inside some green glowy area in the floor before it happened each time. Of course, I spent most of that dungeon inside one or more green glowy areas, so maybe not as important as it sounds.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I've seen this maybe 4 or 5 times since the patch over the same number of playing sessions. Came to forums just now to see if anyone else.

After a kill the interact key becomes non-interacting. Sometimes I can't select a corpse to loot it, others I manage to loot but can't select items. The E key is working, tested by opening chat and typing.

I thought it could be de-sync, some other actions stop working for a little while, bar swap, draw/sheath weapon etc. I have my latency displayed, ping doesn't fluctuate when it's happening.

I can still move around, the ESC still works, show/hide UI works.

I haven't found a way to fix it, it just seems to come good after about a minute or two, will roll-dodge a go. Has been whilst playing both arcanist + other, older toons.

I use one mod, which is out dated, full immersion UI or something like that. Am going to see how it goes, I find it pretty hard to play without it but will disable it for a while when I play again.

Edited by KaosWarMonk on June 7, 2023 11:42PM
  • Noddegamra
    Greetings,

Well, at least we know they know about it now. The 2 other current threads on this topic were started in the proper forum, but got no ZOS attention. Maybe there's a lesson here ... :)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually what I used to do in the Elsweyr public dungeon after fighting a Bone Colossus-- if I couldn't loot the corpse, I'd go find something else nearby to kill, then go back and loot the first corpse. Once I read about doing a roll-dodge and saw that it works, that's what I do now. If bar-swapping also works, that will become my preferred workaround.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just started happening to me after the big publish. Bar swap, eh? Only problem there is - High Isle opened up for ESO Plus with the new chapter. So I ran in immediately and got the Oakensoul ring - now I can't bar swap.
    Lethal zergling
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thing happening except I couldn't sheathe my weapon when I only had one bar. I had to reloadui each time.

I haven't seen what happens now I'm level 15+.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!