The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

is apocrypha supposed to have deadlands music?

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
it's very jarring. i feel like i'm in the deadlands. kind of disappointing
PC - EU - Steam client
  • Painik
    Painik
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this kinda disappointed me, too.
    Solar powered.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hello! Could you two clarify if there is actually Deadlands music playing in Apocrypha (which would be a bug), or if this is feedback about the music sounding too similar to the Deadlands music?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! Could you two clarify if there is actually Deadlands music playing in Apocrypha (which would be a bug), or if this is feedback about the music sounding too similar to the Deadlands music?

it sounds a lot like deadlands music, the music that plays in the overland in the deadlands. i thought it was identical. i can check tomorrow and compare more closely, but i'm almost positive that the music is identical. is apocrypha supposed to have its own soundtrack?
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres a deadlands music track that goes DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN at the beginning. it feels a bit weird to have that playing in Apocrypha, even if its in oblivion. I associated it to much with the deadlands cause of how noisy it is. does apocrypha supposed to have a unique soundtrack? the deadlands music screams destruction, but apocrypha i associate with libraries, mysteries, and fate so its feels out of place
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 5, 2023 10:26PM
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more than just the intro though. The whole soundtrack is the same. I'm almost 100% certain. I remember riding around thinking 'ugh, this is the deadlands music, exactly the deadlands.' Same violin sounds and everything.
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the following music tracks in Apocrypha:

Deadlands Suite from the Blackwood Chapter OST which can be heard in the Endless Library region:
    https://youtu.be/0eWovd_ax_A

An unreleased Deadlands Delve ambient which can be heard in the western Chroma Incognito region:
    https://youtu.be/xlkO9fFap3g
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    It's the following music tracks in Apocrypha:

Deadlands Suite from the Blackwood Chapter OST which can be heard in the Endless Library region:
    https://youtu.be/0eWovd_ax_A

An unreleased Deadlands Delve ambient which can be heard in the western Chroma Incognito region:
    https://youtu.be/xlkO9fFap3g

thank you! yes it's exactly that. fingers crossed that this music was misplaced and we have different music coming. because i really enjoy exploring apocrypha, but not while listening to music that makes me think i'm in the deadlands
    Edited by CoronHR on June 6, 2023 6:10AM
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was also curious about greymoor caverns music, as i was thinking 'maybe this is their standard underground music?' but greymoor caverns has its own unique music. so i'm pretty sure apocrypha's experiencing a bug.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom could we get some confirmation on that please?
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this as well. I went into Apocrypha for the first time, and it felt too familiar due to the Deadlands music. I hope this is a bug, because I would love to see new music in this new zone.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I recognized Deadlands music in Apocrypyha. I was hoping that it was not intentional since I've enough Dagon stuff to last me until the ES 6 (eventually, hopefully) comes out.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm so ready for them to fix this. i love the zone but the music feels so out of place
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i instantly noticed the deadlands overlands music when i first went to apocrypha too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DorisOThDead
    Yes I've also noticed this. The dramatic DUN DUN DUN DUN when I loaded into Apocrypha made me think I'd clicked the wrong wayshrine somehow!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all! We've investigated this and confirmed what you're reporting. We've got a bug in for it. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all! We've investigated this and confirmed what you're reporting. We've got a bug in for it. Thank you!

thanks for letting us know, looking forward to the fix :)
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good. Although... I'd prefer you get a developer in for it, but hey, whatever... :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for getting back to us!
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Place is deadlands basically
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the music will change. I really don't feel like playing that zone when I hear the Deadlands music. I tend to turn it off and listen something else. (I really like the music from TES games, but this is the track I like the least)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i'm kind of avoiding the zone myself for now. i'd really like to explore it, but music makes such a difference and i imagine whatever zos has planned for the zone will probably be good, so i'm holding off until a fix is in place
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just the music... did they steal the footsteps in water sounds from Clockwork City, or is that unintentional, too?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Not just the music... did they steal the footsteps in water sounds from Clockwork City, or is that unintentional, too?

im guessing they did this because the "water" in apocrypha seems more "gloopy" than well, water lol

its not quite as dark as the full on "oil" water in clockwork city, but i think the water sounds seemed appropriate to me
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭

Can we have an official soundtrack release too? Every movie and game has a soundtrack release in the same week as release.

It is quite weird ESO is usually 2 months after the fact whenever everyone already completed everything.

The music is obviously done and in the meantime you can make some extra money from streams too instead of the unofficial YT-rips
    Edited by licenturion on June 7, 2023 10:06PM
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

that i liked, but now that you mention it, they are the same sounds. but i can see how they would be. the water's goopy like oil!
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to hearing what the music for Apocrypha is supposed to actually sound like!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Music was utterly bad, I was expecting something that matches the place, and instead we get something that sounds 90% like the deadlands one.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Music was utterly bad, I was expecting something that matches the place, and instead we get something that sounds 90% like the deadlands one.

it's not 90% ... it's 100%. the music is the deadlands soundtrack. but they said it's a bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    Shagreth wrote: »

it's not 90% ... it's 100%. the music is the deadlands soundtrack. but they said it's a bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch
    I knew something was off, lol. Good to know, hopefully they will fix it soon.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was glad to hear this is a bug because I feel that new music in every new zone sets the mood and its usually a highlight to me. I was very disappointed that loading into these zones did not have the usual unique take on the theme music of the Elder scrolls line.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new music box has a Deadland's sound, not an Apocrypha's one. It is in the crown store right now, and it has a typical Apocrypha appearance, but the sound (not a music, but a sound) is typical of a demonic environment like the Deadlands.
    In my humble opinion...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself