The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is apocrypha supposed to have deadlands music?

• CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I would like to bring the thread up again: do we really have to wait another 3 weeks (until update 39) until background music is playing again in Necrom or will there be a patch?

I can't understand why it's just ignored. It's one thing if the WRONG music (Deadlands music) is playing in Apocrypha, or if there is NO background music at all! It's no fun being in Necrom if there's no music.
    Please, do something about this and not in three weeks, but asap.

yeah i think it's awful. i realise my opinion is quite subjective here, but not having any music, and not having the right music, has been enough to make me stop playing the game. and the longer i'm away from it, the less i want to return. i haven't logged in in three weeks. maybe i just need a long break from this buggy game
    PC - EU - Steam client
    Options
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so weird that they decided to delay this so long. It's a bad look made worse. What's complicating this so much that they have to wait until a new update weeks away to implement it? This should be a hotfix, if anything. No, it don't know the specifics of this bug, but is it that complicated when every other zone has their music implemented? What about Apocrypha, which does have its music (albeit the wrong one). What is hard about replacing the music files there? I wish I understood more about programming to know what's hindering this so much, but it seems much less complex than the combat bug that's been ignored for years.
    Options
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the music just isn't ready and they're not being upfront about it. because it seems like you'd just patch it in very easily. i've lost such interest in this game over this issue
    PC - EU - Steam client
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I don't even listen to the music very much any more. I listen while I'm running through a quest for the first time in a new area, but after that I have a playlist of TES music through the years from the single player titles that I listen to when I'm in the mood, and if not in the mood I just mute it.

Right now, I'm running the entire game (except for ambient sounds) mute, because I'm just tired of the noise and chatter.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    maybe the music just isn't ready and they're not being upfront about it.

No. It is only PC that has the boring silence in Necrom and Deadlands music playing in Apocrypha.

That's part of the reason I have been playing console mainly since I came back to this game.
    Options
  • Mellirus
    Mellirus
    ✭✭✭
    When this was first reported here in early June (thank you for this thread btw), I thought it'd be a quick fix, likely done over the first maintenance after the chapter launch. While some might say it's a fairly minor thing, to me music is essential for immersion, especially in RPGs.

It's both amazing and sad that it's actually taking over two months to fix music in the newest content. And on top of that, that while trying to fix Apocrypha they ended up breaking Necrom's music too.

I suppose they're really understaffed and lack resources to be more agile with these things. I still hope their quality control and bug fixing speeds improve one day.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always listened to ESO's music, from when I first started playing it roughly 3.5 years ago, it's great. I have many favourite tracks, such as:
    - Moth, Butterfly and Torchbug (original soundtrack) - my pet alternate name for this one is "Mirri's Song" :)
    - Bruma Against the Jeralls (original soundtrack)
    - Magnus Smiles on Suran (morrowind soundtrack)
    - Azura's Coast (morrowind soundtrack)
    - The Blessings of Morwha (music of tamriel vol. 2)
    - Isles of the Starry Dream (summerset soundtrack)
    - The Two Moons Dance (elsweyr soundtrack)
    - ....... and many more.

My ESO playlist is 3 hours 10 minutes long, and I've played it heaps of times! :)
    Edited by vsrs_au on August 8, 2023 3:48AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combo of wonderfull graphics and superb music is a great plus for this game.

There is just one track that makes my spine shiver and my ears hurt, and that is the Deadlands music track. I was so sad to hear it on Apocrypha too.

I'm not playing anymore in the new zone untill this is fixed.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
    Options
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was this bug ever fixed? i haven't played the game in over a month because of this, and i don't feel like coming back until it's fixed
    PC - EU - Steam client
    Options
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    was this bug ever fixed? i haven't played the game in over a month because of this, and i don't feel like coming back until it's fixed

It was fixed with U39.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates (No updates for May 6 and May 14 due to IRL events).

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    Options
  • Vara13
    Vara13
    Soul Shriven
    It was still playing deadlsnds music for me a couple of days ago in Ciphers Midden on xbox eu
    Options