The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Using the Meln's Circle in the Infinite Panopticon (circle disappears when you attempt to step into

Imaskari001
Imaskari001
✭✭
it. When trying to beat the initial Hunger, Meln tells me to step into the circle to use his ghost sight. The circle disappears when you attempt to step into it, and therefore the harmed can't be harmed. I can't go forward with the rest of the quest.

Any assistance or instruction if I'm missing something is appreciated.
Edited by Imaskari001 on May 22, 2023 2:12PM
  • Imaskari001
    Imaskari001
    ✭✭
    I stand corrected. This is a named Hunger. Had to fight it as a boss. SItuation resolved.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to deal with this as well, which I mentioned in the quest bug thread. It was recently brought up by another player in a separate thread:
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    I'm guessing that you are talking about this:
    During the fights where I had to use Meln's synergy, stepping into the AoE would cause it to immediately disappear with no chance of pressing the synergy button, causing the fights against the Hungers and storyline bosses to be significantly longer because of the extremely low DPS I dealt during the ghost phases.

This bug didn't appear to exist in previous versions.

I noticed that too. Is that the problem? I'm hoping this gets fixed soon.

Yes, it could be related to this 9.0.3 patch note:
    Necrom Fixes & Improvements

Art & Animation

Animations
    • Polished the animations used when activating the Meln’s Ghost Sight combat synergy.

PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Garamon_Fircrest
    Yes, this is a problem.
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping this would be fixed today but nope. Can't continue with the story without standing there for ten mins slowly killing the damn thing.
  • xrist04
    xrist04
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem.