The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Bash Builds (Now & Forever)

Destai
Destai
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey all,

I had tried a few bash builds in the past, using Deadlands Demolisher, but found they were mostly focused on PVP. I'm really looking for a PVE bash build, honestly just enough to do the stories and whatever. What're your experiences with bashing in PVE? Any builds/sets would be appreciated!

Note: started this thread a while ago, would like it to be the place to discuss bash builds across patches.

Thanks!
Edited by Destai on February 3, 2024 7:05PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're soloing world bosses with bash weaving then you really need something like Deadlands + Wretched Vitality or Roksa the Warped. Otherwise you constantly run out of stamina.

If you're only bashing and not weaving then you can just go full damage with Deadlands + Veiled Heritance.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 1, 2023 6:59PM
    PC NA
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an Oakensoul Bash Necro that I occasionally run random dungeons with, as well as overland dailies (i.e. world bosses and delves). DLC world bosses take a bit longer than my other solo builds, but they feel safe. Don't think Oakensoul is necessary but Necro has so few buffs it just feels more convenient.

I'm using Deadlands Demolisher and Rush of Agony for the dungeons, but RoA could be replaced with something else imo, like Veiled Heritance or something for sustain. Abilities are really flexible as long as you have Power Bash and something to heal. Pummeling Goliath is a no-brainer as an ult tho.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses folks! For attributes, are you putting them all in stamina or health?

Class wise, I'm throwing this on a Warden and a Templar.
    Edited by Destai on April 21, 2023 2:13PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses folks! For attributes, are you putting them all in stamina or health?

Class wise, I'm throwing this on a Warden and a Templar.

For Solo PvE you can go 64 stamina. It doesn't increase the damage of your bash attacks but it does give you more resource pool. It also buffs class abilities, vigor, etc and also Power Slam.
    PC NA
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also make a fun bash build for PvE,
    5x Deadlands Demolisher all medium divines, gold stamina enchantmens.
    5x Veiled Heritance jewellery (healthy, 3x+500Bash gold enchantments) + 2x S&B, shield divines (swords or daggers, infused desease/poison). Not much of a choice for Veiled set in guild stores, I take what's available, even blue rings instead of purple which I could not get for days.
    Only main sword and main board gold quality, back bar + all armor purple.
    Monster set currently Stormfist, but will try something else, because this 10% chance is, meeh...
    Trying to stack resistances via mundus stone, armor from sets, but wil keep medium armor for the passives.
    I'm no subscriber thus no access to advanced PtW items like Oakensoul or jewellery cratfing, can only replace enchantments.
    Ca 27,5k resinstances, base Bash dmg 4172, Bash Cost only 284, Block Cost 778, enough damage to play casually.
    Bashing 3 times/sec. for less that 1k stamina while beating mobs with style nobody else does, it's a lot of fun actually :)
    Attributes 64 to Stamina, base stats (with Bewitched Sugar Skulls): Stamina 34166, Health 25332, Magicka 16770.
    Redguard, Dragonknight.
    No issues with stamina for S&B bashing and blocking. I have stamina recovery 823 only but use tri-stat potions and ultimate when stamina drops, to get a lot back from Battle Roar plus a bit extra from Helping Hands.
    Power Bash base damage 10 000 but average ca 8000 per hit or rarely 13 000 crit dmg (probably due to only 700 spell/physical penetration).
    Edited by Gargath on April 26, 2023 6:26PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Deadlands Demolisher and either Roksa the Warped or Wretched Vitality should do the trick. Heal with Pale Order, Reaving Blows, or both. Sustain is more important in solo PvE than building for max damage.

Wretched Vitality in PvP - any use...as a bash build?

Curious!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry,

I am asking is Wretch Vitality viable in a bash build in PvP?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Sorry,

Sorcerer = No, not needed because of Dark Deal
    Other Classes = Yes, otherwise you run out of stamina

Note that Stam Sorc is the only class with enough damage to actually kill anyone in PvP with a bash build.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 1, 2023 7:10PM
    PC NA
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry,

Note that Stam Sorc is the only class with enough damage to actually kill anyone in PvP with a bash build.

Not true! I've been bashed to bit by DKs and Wardens too. They definitely hit very hard and with incredible range (partially because of the quirks with Power Slam) so they can really keep the pressure on and get many many attacks in a single GCD even while pursing a fleeing target. At this point when I see a basher I just run. There is nothing I can do to hurt them and if they get within gap-closer range of me it's already too late for me to LoS.
    Edited by Janni on June 1, 2023 11:59PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Janni wrote: »
    Sorry,

Not true! I've been bashed to bit by DKs and Wardens too. They definitely hit very hard and with incredible range (partially because of the quirks with Power Slam) so they can really keep the pressure on and get many many attacks in a single GCD even while pursing a fleeing target. At this point when I see a basher I just run. There is nothing I can do to hurt them and if they get within gap-closer range of me it's already too late for me to LoS.

Update 2024 Feb: this list is now out of date

In Update 38, here's how classes rank for bash builds in PvP.

S tier
    • Sorcerer
    A tier
    • Warden
    • Dragonknight
    B tier
    • Arcanist
    • Templar
    C tier
    • Nightblade
    • Necromancer

There is no F tier bash because every class has a baseline C tier just by running Deadlands and Wretched Vitality.

Sorcerer: The toolkit is strong for burst damage and Dark Deal is the best sustain.

Warden: Polar Wind carries Warden into A tier. Otherwise B tier.

Dragonknight: Corrosive is about the same damage as Sorcerer but it's an ultimate. In other words, if Corrosive was always up then DK bash would be on the same level as Sorcerer.

Arcanist: Strong class passives but Crux doesn't work with bashing and Power Slam.

Templar: The class passives are very good and they are inherently tanky which is great for brawling. Imperial Templar has very good sustain and great for bash. But they lack a good heal due to low wd/sd when building for bash damage.

Nightblade: Serious bash burst from stealth but their brawling capability is limited. Impale execute is weak due to low wd/sd when building for bash damage.

Necromancer: Pummeling Goliath scales off wd/sd while Power Slam scales off bash damage + wd/sd. So if you build for max wd/sd then you lose a considerable amount of Power Slam damage in Goliath form. You're better off running Deadlands + Veiled Heritance with 1h+shield ultimate, or Deadlands + Rush of Agony with Blastbones and Dawnbreaker.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on February 26, 2024 7:20PM
    PC NA
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'm well aware of how strong Sorcs are with bash. I was playing one a couple of patches ago myself. I just was pointing out that they can be dangerous on any class. They are particularly good counters to the build I'm currently running too so that makes them something I just avoid outright now.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, totally viable in all content. Deadlands Demolisher and another damage set that gives Crit if you are bash weaving. I have a Bashblade. Also use Imperial for bash builds as Red Diamond passive reduces your Bash costs and Imperial gives you more Stamina. If not Imperial, then Wood Elf is also good.

These would be my top picks for bash builds as they are resource hungry builds. I use Imperial for mine. Currently using Deadlands and Hunding’s and it works like a charm. Don’t forget that with Bash Builds, Power Slam will surpass any other spammable as it benefits from bonuses to bash damage.

On a final note, Draugrkin might actually be a good if you are bash weaving as it will buff you light attack, Power Slam and bash combo by a decent amount as well as buffing your active Dots.
  • Digibrax
    Digibrax
    ✭✭✭
    Any good sorcerer bash build out there? I am new in pvp and the idea for bash build looks fun :) And I love sorcerers.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a final note, Draugrkin might actually be a good if you are bash weaving as it will buff you light attack, Power Slam and bash combo by a decent amount as well as buffing your active Dots.

I've thoroughly tested Draugrkin as a second set in PvP and it doesn't out damage Veiled Heritance or 5pc Shattered Fate.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 15, 2023 6:05AM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, totally viable in all content. Deadlands Demolisher and another damage set that gives Crit if you are bash weaving. I have a Bashblade. Also use Imperial for bash builds as Red Diamond passive reduces your Bash costs and Imperial gives you more Stamina. If not Imperial, then Wood Elf is also good.

I'd rate them as follows for PvP.

1) Khajiit
    2) Orc
    3) Wood Elf
    4) Imperial
    5) Nord

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 30, 2024 6:38PM
    PC NA
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    Deadlands Demolisher and either Roksa the Warped or Wretched Vitality should do the trick. Heal with Pale Order, Reaving Blows, or both. Sustain is more important in solo PvE than building for max damage.

Wretched Vitality in PvP - any use...as a bash build?

Curious!

I use Wretched with deadlands and oakensoul on my sorc in Cyro, it's fun.
    I prefer bash cro but spirit guardian bugs out in Cyro

RN on sorc Orc, was missing speed, yes even with streak, wretched vitality isn't a set I would normally use but in zerg fights it rocks, short fight vs elites you don't stand a chance.
    Bash warden is really good also but missed execute and alining shalks in the right direction wasn't fun at all as it missed opponents too often.

6 heavies well fitted small pcs, reinforced large ones. all health enchants and 44pts in health. 20 stamina
    skills I use shielded assualt(prefer power slam but with players speed these days is 30000000% faster then you are cause they build to run away and not toe-to-toe), mage's wrath ,streak, hardened ward and dark deal
    pots I use mostly cheap poisons

fighting finesse, master at arm, bulwark, reaving blows
    celerity. sustained by suffering, pain's refuge. fortified
    monster you can play with, I go Krag's for pen, to mighty chudan for more armor. there are better choices I'm sure you find what works for you.
    Bash cost 338, I can light attack bash for ages
    29000 resist
    1500 mg rec
    1250 stam rec
    4000 weapon damage
    23% crit.
    Boon:atronauch
  • ricklaverd
    ricklaverd
    ✭✭✭
    Bash damage scales off your resistance
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why is Sorc better than all others? Hunting curse? Crystal weapon?

Confirmed it's because of haunting curse and mage's wrath. Perfect and easy combo that actually kills :D
    Edited by moo_2021 on January 28, 2024 6:59PM
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digibrax wrote: »
    Any good sorcerer bash build out there? I am new in pvp and the idea for bash build looks fun :) And I love sorcerers.

mine is very easy and fun.

oak ring, deadlands demolisher, other sets of your choice. Jewelry must be all infused + bash glyph. Bash damage is around 4700, not including crit or proc.

haunting curse, shielded assault (charge + stun + big shield), mage's wrath, pet healing, vigor. I keep running out of stamina for vigor. If not healing, I'd use other mag dot or debuff. Can't seem to weave bash with anything else.

spammable is just bash, 3 times a second costing 1k stamina. No need of power slam which hit hard but doesn't seem cost effective.

I guess if you can manage the resource, crit would be better for other pieces? Bash crits but not buffed by normal damage.
    Edited by moo_2021 on January 30, 2024 6:23PM
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    Digibrax wrote: »

mine is very easy and fun.

oak ring, deadlands demolisher, other sets of your choice. Jewelry must be all infused + bash glyph. Bash damage is around 4700, not including crit or proc.

haunting curse, shielded assault (charge + stun + big shield), mage's wrath, pet healing, vigor. I keep running out of stamina for vigor. If not healing, I'd use other mag dot or debuff. Can't seem to weave bash with anything else.

spammable is just bash, 3 times a second costing 1k stamina. No need of power slam which hit hard but doesn't seem cost effective.

I guess if you can manage the resource, crit would be better for other pieces? Bash crits but not buffed by normal damage.

What is the best second set for bash?
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    If you're soloing world bosses with bash weaving then you really need something like Deadlands + Wretched Vitality or Roksa the Warped. Otherwise you constantly run out of stamina.

If you're only bashing and not weaving then you can just go full damage with Deadlands + Veiled Heritance.

I'm using this build too but I don't think veiled is good enough so I need another set?
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I have an Oakensoul Bash Necro that I occasionally run random dungeons with, as well as overland dailies (i.e. world bosses and delves). DLC world bosses take a bit longer than my other solo builds, but they feel safe. Don't think Oakensoul is necessary but Necro has so few buffs it just feels more convenient.

I'm using Deadlands Demolisher and Rush of Agony for the dungeons, but RoA could be replaced with something else imo, like Veiled Heritance or something for sustain. Abilities are really flexible as long as you have Power Bash and something to heal. Pummeling Goliath is a no-brainer as an ult tho.

It work better with arcanist than DK and any other one
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Hey all,

I had tried a few bash builds last year, using Deadlands Demolisher, but found they were mostly focused on PVP. I'm really looking for a PVE bash build, honestly just enough to do the stories and whatever. What're your experiences with bashing in PVE? Any builds/sets would be appreciated!

Isn't 20-25k in dungeon good enough for tanks? I'm not sacreficing my combined 50k hp and 30k resist for long dps queues..
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Next patch, NB will be much better for bash, imo. The changes to leeching strikes mean 1250 heal & 200 mag/stam per second while back barred.

• Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Next patch, NB will be much better for bash, imo. The changes to leeching strikes mean 1250 heal & 200 mag/stam per second while back barred.

you make it sound like it can not be back barred now and as if it does nothing currently
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

I noticed arcanists bash with 5 h deadlands demolisher is always over 5k while others are 4.x k. But why? It's not crit and there is nothing on UESP build editor that shows arcanists' bashing should be any better than other classes.

It's over 20-22k by just bashing and bashing, while templar does 14-15k :o
    What is the best second set for bash?

in BG I have to wear coward's gear for speed and high stamina recovery. If charge isn't used every 3-6 seconds I'd choose order's wrath or some overland cric set (cheaper to reconstruct infused than buying the trait mat)
    Edited by moo_2021 on February 6, 2024 9:59PM
  • ceruulean
    ceruulean
    ✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

I noticed arcanists bash with 5 h deadlands demolisher is always over 5k while others are 4.x k. But why? It's not crit and there is nothing on UESP build editor that shows arcanists' bashing should be any better than other classes.

It's over 20-22k by just bashing and bashing, while templar does 14-15k :o

Arcanist has the flail ink debuff which increases DMG taken, so it's applied differently than other damage buffs.

Maybe also the taunt armor steal, reduced enemy resistance by 2.2k and the arcanist gains that amount. Runeguard gives 3k resistance when proc. Bash damage scales with resistance.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    ceruulean wrote: »
    Arcanist has the flail ink debuff which increases DMG taken, so it's applied differently than other damage buffs.

Maybe also the taunt armor steal, reduced enemy resistance by 2.2k and the arcanist gains that amount. Runeguard gives 3k resistance when proc. Bash damage scales with resistance.

I just checked my character screen, unbuffed bash is 5.3k with 3 infused bash and deadlands.

All other classes have 4k range B)

Is bash weaving useful in pve? I guess you're referring to LA + ability + bash cancel? Looks like 3 hits together, except target's HP reduction is always delayed in 2-3 stages. But against bosses with high health it doesn't seem to perform any better than just bashing 3 times a second, unless to intermix with power slam only? with bash setup, power slam does much higher damage than all other abilities including NB's executes :D

If it's only used as the opening in pvp encounter, I could stop twisting my fingers on gamepad... it's really difficult to do rotation this way.
    Edited by moo_2021 on February 7, 2024 9:05PM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try Deadland D and Knight Errant's Mail to mix it up...more damage, more healz.
    put it all into stamina!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I keep forgetting to update this thread, but I tried something with a stamplar to mixed results. I did a parse where Power Bash or whatever was my spammable, and just used Nirn gear with Rele and Zaans, parsed at like 70k. So big drop from my usual 95k but still viable for a lot of content.