The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why are Elves so ugly?

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think ESO does a great job on the characters, player or otherwise. Here's my character with Mirri, and I think they're both gorgeous.

20230524-self-and-mirri.jpg
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bosmer, yep. Mirri.... well, i don't have any use for dunmer.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    AScarlato wrote: »
    AScarlato wrote: »
    I've never found Elder Scrolls characters very visually appealing, but I do think ESO has the best looking of the franchise. As elves go, I can't think of another video game that has prettier ones, but my experience isn't particularly extensive. Dragon Age has some really ugly elves, in my opinion. From what I've seen the beautiful ones are in movies and books.

I think the elves in Tera and Black Desert Online look good. EverQuest (for its time) had some good looking elves as well. Final Fantasy 14 has a few elven characters with decent fanbases though they are not everyone's cup of tea.

Dragon Age Origins had decent looking elven options though they became awful in DA2. I think some people found Sera attractive in Inquisition. Witcher 2/3 had some good looking elves also for certain characters. Baldur's Gate 3 elves look great and beautiful. I know a lot of ESO players who are playing around the the character creator there.

Just some options for elf-lovers lol.

It's funny I forgot about FFXIV (because I play it) but the elves there are generally good looking. They aren't very popular within the game though, and a lot of players think they're ugly. I don't, I think their frames are willowy and they have some of the most attractive facial options. Besides Dragon Age I haven't tried the other games, but to me the characters there are fairly ugly. Love the franchise, though! I actually play an elf in Inquisition.

Dragon Age really is the weakest example of pretty elves, but so many people were into Fenris romances and some even Merrill in DA2. And Zevran had a decent-sized fanbase outside his hilariously butchered face in DA2 lol.

I never got into the romance aspect much, although I played it out just because it was there. I romanced Alistair and Cullen, respectively, in between battles and I'm always in favor of varied content, but it wasn't my favorite feature. Lol

Neither of them were elves but to at least make a nod toward staying on topic, I do think Cullen had to be the more attractive.
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untitled-29-copy.png
    Edited by radiostar on May 24, 2023 6:01AM
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Dark Elves are gorgeous...maybe you just need to spend more time in character creator, or unhide your helmet :)

29mt5ognkk3e.png
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Dark Elves are gorgeous...maybe you just need to spend more time in character creator, or unhide your helmet :)

Which chest armor is that, please? Actually, what about the rest, as well?
    (she looks awesome, by the way.)

Edited by Grizzbeorn on May 24, 2023 8:50AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Djennku
      Djennku
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elves in ESO just look like....elves. They have their distinct appearance that you recognize as "hey that's x race!". I think ESO has done a great job at depicting the different races, elves included. Besides, they aren't supposed to look like humans, because they aren't human.

I will also say that every race has their more attractive and less attractive individuals, just like anything else that exists, and depending on what you find attractive, will be more or less attracting to you.

Prime example: I absolutely ADORE spiders. I find them cute and sweet and I want to hug them. Someone else in the room is going to scream bloody murder and have an anxiety attack just at the sight of one.

TL:DR; Echoing others here, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
      @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
      Vamp and WW bites available for players.
      Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
      Options
    • Sheezabeast
      Sheezabeast
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Hi, thank you!

The chest is Honor Guard medium and legs are Stags of Zen light, with the basic sandals so the vine designs aren't hidden by boots.
      Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
      Options
    • karthrag_inak
      karthrag_inak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      All you bald bottoms look the same to khajiit.
      PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Hi, thank you!

The chest is Honor Guard medium and legs are Stags of Zen light, with the basic sandals so the vine designs aren't hidden by boots.

Thanks!
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • Deter1UK
        Deter1UK
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I'm sure the elves like each other otherwise there wouldn't be any more elves would there?
        Options
      • Monte_Cristo
        Monte_Cristo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ESO elves are a lot better looking than elves have been in previous Elder Scrolls games. And not just due to improved graphics over the years.
        Options
      • Thor
        Thor
        ✭✭✭
        High elf look perfectly matches their personality, nothing wrong with that.
        Options
      • Vrienda
        Vrienda
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        This is just bait to get everyone to post their hot elves, isn't it?
        Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
        Options
      • noblecron
        noblecron
        ✭✭✭✭
        I find Dark Elves to be the prettiest elves in the game but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. It could just be a case of you don't like their design whereas others love their design and I think dark elves especially are 10000 times better looking than Skyrim dark elves without mods. I've actually gotten tons of comments on the looks of my dark elves.

I do hate how they did the hands but that's an all-race thing. Sometimes the hands just look off. There's also the fact that the shoulder sliders can make your character look like a pin cushion sometimes :lol:

Edited by noblecron on May 24, 2023 12:56PM
        Options
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Vrienda wrote: »

Well, I mean...
        GzDytBQ.png
        psoLyl7.png
          PC/NA Warden Main
          Options
        • Wolf_Eye
          Wolf_Eye
          ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll notice that when they do the cinematic high elf they skip all of that and she looks quite attractive.
          DDFB24_B6_E1_D1_4_CB1_9607_2251671_B8_D65.jpg
          She'd look more attractive if she looked like an actual altmer.

I loathe mer in the cinematics. They don't look like mer, they are humans with pointy ears. There has been threads made about it, latest was regarding Necrom's and the derpmer in it. They should make them look like actual mer.

I agree. She just looks like a human with pointy ears; there's no feature that distinguishes her as an elf BESIDES her ears. This might be fine for the Lord of the Rings movies, but I really would prefer that elves DON'T look human.

I really appreciate the more angular faces and ESPECIALLY the eyes because it just drives home the point that these are races that evolved differently from humans.

I actually think the eyes of elves in the game are quite pretty, so that may be a bias on my part; I don't find their eyes disturbing or ugly. Especially bosmer eyes, with pupils that look like a starburst, look so appealing to me.
          Options
        • amig186
          amig186
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Vrienda wrote: »

Well, I mean...
          GzDytBQ.png
          psoLyl7.png

Hell yeah. Thicc elves are the best elves.
          PC EU
          Options
        • ArchangelIsraphel
          ArchangelIsraphel
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          Djennku wrote: »
          Elves in ESO just look like....elves. They have their distinct appearance that you recognize as "hey that's x race!". I think ESO has done a great job at depicting the different races, elves included. Besides, they aren't supposed to look like humans, because they aren't human.

I will also say that every race has their more attractive and less attractive individuals, just like anything else that exists, and depending on what you find attractive, will be more or less attracting to you.

Prime example: I absolutely ADORE spiders. I find them cute and sweet and I want to hug them. Someone else in the room is going to scream bloody murder and have an anxiety attack just at the sight of one.

TL:DR; Echoing others here, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Absolutely this. I'm the same way about snakes as you are about spiders. Most people are terrified of snakes. I love them. It makes me happy every time I see one (Yes, even the very dangerous cottonmouth down by the river) Stay at a distance and respect that they're dangerous and they wont hurt you. (Don't boop the snoot, no matter how cute the snake is)

Same with elves, a well-done elf always has me stopping to look and take notes so I can up my character creator game. I love it when its super obvious that someone put time and care into the appearance of their character to make a distinct individual. That goes for all races, really, but the ones I love most are elves.
          Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on May 24, 2023 1:33PM
          Legends never die
          They're written down in eternity
          But you'll never see the price it costs
          The scars collected all their lives
          When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
          Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
          Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
          Legends never die
          Options
        • boi_anachronism_
          boi_anachronism_
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          I love my dark elf 😞 don't hate.
          Options
        • Coppes
          Coppes
          ✭✭✭✭
          Come on, posting images of female elves is just cheating. Let's see the men.
          Options
        • Elrond87
          Elrond87
          ✭✭✭
          get the sliders in a good position and they look good
          PC|EU
          Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
          Options
        • Dojohoda
          Dojohoda
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          I am glad they can be anywhere from what a player percieves as ugly to good-looking and not all look alike.
          Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
          Might be joking in comments.
          -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
          Options
        • fizl101
          fizl101
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Coppes wrote: »

Just for you. The only elfy boi I have

imb0o9gy2ccb.png
          Soupy twist
          Options
        • Kendaric
          Kendaric
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭

Here are two:

1j857daqa8ll.jpg

e4ze6qui7ebb.jpg

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
            Options
          • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
            Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭

I posted some of mine earlier, but in case you require further evidence, here is a small fraction of my boys 😊

wr4dclaltm5y.png
            kg1sbbrgpy28.png
            asqdkt9myjad.png
            u15x7cbyhm1c.png
            kn13usoc2kxm.png
            pbj83a8gbq2z.png
            bh1g1llxp3cu.png
            Edited by Suna_Ye_Sunnabe on May 24, 2023 5:27PM
            Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
            Options
          • TaSheen
            TaSheen
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't play males any more; changed all mine to female over the last couple of months.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
            Options
          • amig186
            amig186
            ✭✭✭✭✭

Here ya go, best I can do since it's nighttime in game:
            xjc970mlp8m3.png
            PC EU
            Options
          • Treselegant
            Treselegant
            ✭✭✭✭✭

If you insist :D I have two.

cvrgx4xwyn0p.jpg
            dxq7mcgcwkk2.jpg
            Options
          • Kendaric
            Kendaric
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭
            Another one:

e3aqjy4izwsh.jpg
              PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
              Options