The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trouble starting game

Sanemancured
I used to enjoy ESOing loads, on a Mac. I felt Mac support was poor and gave up.
A couple of years later I’ve bought a PC Laptop for other reasons and I decided to bring a little ESO into my life.
I’ve subscribed and downloaded and on signing in with my old account details I get asked if I want to upgrade to the latest edition. At this moment I don’t. I then get left with a screen showing one of my old characters, their pet and mount and I can’t seem to get anything going. I even have to ctrl alt delete to get out.
Any ideas appreciating.
P
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2023 1:28AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did something called "cold storage", where accounts which hadn't been logged into for some time were stored away. I think I heard that it can take quite some time to reload them.

First, you might leave the character screen open for half an hour maybe, see if that does anything. If not, then you would want to go to the support site and input a ticket. Keep in mind that once you get a response email, you MUST reply to that first "bot" email, which is likely not going to reference your issue; just restate the info you gave when you input the ticket.

Once you get the ticket number, come back and put it in here, and request @ZOS_Kevin to check to make sure it's gone to the right support area.

Good luck and welcome back!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Sanemancured
    Many thanks, much appreciated. I know remember that the screen I’m getting is the normal login screen, just minus all the game options.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the "latest edition" you've been prompted to upgrade to? The latest edition of what?
    Edited by Tandor on May 22, 2023 9:16PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's account related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Sanemancured
    Tandor wrote: »
    What is the "latest edition" you've been prompted to upgrade to? The latest edition of what?
    High Isle
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you've tried waiting a longer period but still no dice, open the launcher and click the tiny gear icon top right, select Repair, and follow the prompts. It will take a few minutes, run through several different things, might download a file or so if it finds it necessary. Should have thought of that the other day, sorry!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sanemancured

Are you getting any error when trying to load your character or does the character not load at all?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post