The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CONSIDER ADDING FARMABLE FURNISHING ITEMS & PLANS IN CYRODIIL TO ATTRACT PVE PLAYERS (IMP CITY TOO)

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Amethyst_Unearthed The very prejudiced players may have ignorant accusations and harsh words but I like the idea. It may be better to have multiple lead drops, like the moth priest bowl can come from IC or from North Elsweyr iirc.
    Throne of Cyrodiil, Volendrung, and loads of flags and banner furnishings come from pvp only. Give an alternative farm method to those who are blinded by hate and mistrust. They will be more likely to hear you out if they don't perceive the whole "forced" angle.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be awesome, personally. I don't mind the chance/risk of PvP. I still love the idea of Imperial City after all these years.

There's also a very vocal "against" group. Its not helped by the antisocial behaviour that @DarthCuddlefluff rightly points out. Of course you can't ever suggest that people reign in their behaviour, just be decent people, and maybe don't go out of their way to grief others noooooo... then you're a snowflake carebear trying to take away other's freedoms.

Sadly, MMOers are the reason we can't have nice things.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be awesome, personally. I don't mind the chance/risk of PvP. I still love the idea of Imperial City after all these years.

There's also a very vocal "against" group. Its not helped by the antisocial behaviour that @DarthCuddlefluff rightly points out. Of course you can't ever suggest that people reign in their behaviour, just be decent people, and maybe don't go out of their way to grief others noooooo... then you're a snowflake carebear trying to take away other's freedoms.

Sadly, MMOers are the reason we can't have nice things.

Wait a minute. Maybe they won't change themselves but there might be a way to make them change. Whenever someone gets hate mail or is chased down over and over they can post proof on the forums or announce it in zone chat for Cyrodiil. If PvPers are the loudest voice against such behavior then it becomes a social pressure to act with some level of sportmanship. And if that happens you would see a lot more players like me in Cyrodiil and doing PvP in general.
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    AndreNoir wrote: »
    Recent wrote: »
    There are many pve players that hate pvp...
    There are many players which call themself PVErs and have no clue about actual PVE

On thread theme: it's may be a good start to add plans for replica of furnishing that limited by PVP rank in Cyro. If you play Cyro - you can buy it anyways but it will let PVPrs some gold generation and a route for bypass PVP grind for PVErs[/quot
    carly wrote: »
    A big NO from me as well. It's bad enough some of the furniture items require you to do dungeons or spend hours and hours looting containers only to find multiple repeats of old worthless plans. Some of us just enjoy housing and decorating and don't want to be bothered with PVP or dungeon runs.

Personally I think furnishing plans should be available on the crafting vendors like other games with housing do. And the cost of buying plans from guild traders has gotten ridiculous.

but this wouldn't lock existing items but give open a situation where NEW furnishings could be made, and pvp themed hopefully.... best we could ask if majority pve dont want to farm it is make them not BOP so PVP players have something besides gear they can sell/farm.

.... its really me asking for a situation on which we can have pvp themed furnishings, and a way to implement possible pvp in to it..... just ideas

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Give an alternative farm method to those who are blinded by hate and mistrust."

No, it's called shaped by personal experience.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    A big NO from me as well. It's bad enough some of the furniture items require you to do dungeons or spend hours and hours looting containers only to find multiple repeats of old worthless plans. Some of us just enjoy housing and decorating and don't want to be bothered with PVP or dungeon runs.

Personally I think furnishing plans should be available on the crafting vendors like other games with housing do. And the cost of buying plans from guild traders has gotten ridiculous.

its not hard to earn gold.... if they get rid of things for people to farm and sell the game will die

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • Hyperdeathstalker
    Hyperdeathstalker
    ✭✭✭
    I for one would welcome this addition,

Its similar to the fishing achievements in imperial city and cryo , was it difficult to fish ? Yes ! Was it fun to some degree worrying about gankers ? Yes ! Slot 60k health build most people will leave you alone.

I remember fishing right on aldermi dominon gates for that final fish without being spotted , pve in a pvp area can be fun, no one is forcing you to the area just an incentive.

Also this would make the furnishings more valuable if they are in hotspots for gankers.

Also finding that glowing green book in cryo was fun travelling round the vast map and never see a soul on main server aswell , i was following out edges, plenty more room for goodies!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Amethyst_Unearthed The very prejudiced players may have ignorant accusations and harsh words but I like the idea. It may be better to have multiple lead drops, like the moth priest bowl can come from IC or from North Elsweyr iirc.
    Throne of Cyrodiil, Volendrung, and loads of flags and banner furnishings come from pvp only. Give an alternative farm method to those who are blinded by hate and mistrust. They will be more likely to hear you out if they don't perceive the whole "forced" angle.

people who hate pvp are not blinded by hate and mistrust. we know because of pvp players it's annoying to be in cyrodiil and imperial city for pve activities so this wouldn't be a good addition. if you want people to be less distrustful of pvp saying we're blinded by hate and mistrust sure doesn't help.

people camp at daily quest locations during the Mayhem events just to kill people who are only there to complete quests that dont require pvp.
    maybe in a different universe in which people didnt do that this idea wouldnt be so bad

you can only get the lead for Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl from imperial city, you dig the antiquity up in Northern Elsweyr. it doesn't have a different source. you could've used google to look for its source.

if there's an antiquity that has leads in cyrodiil or imperial city that also drops in other zones I'd love to know but i do not know of any.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭

I love it when one side of a debate choses an approach like: the other side is engaging in "ignorant accusations". It really shows some deft skill in a debate in order to move things along. Very constructive and mature. Certainly it encourages folks to change their mind once it has been pointed out that their side is "ignorant". How could they not?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

people who hate pvp are not blinded by hate and mistrust. we know because of pvp players it's annoying to be in cyrodiil and imperial city for pve activities so this wouldn't be a good addition. if you want people to be less distrustful of pvp saying we're blinded by hate and mistrust sure doesn't help.

people camp at daily quest locations during the Mayhem events just to kill people who are only there to complete quests that dont require pvp.
    maybe in a different universe in which people didnt do that this idea wouldnt be so bad

you can only get the lead for Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl from imperial city, you dig the antiquity up in Northern Elsweyr. it doesn't have a different source. you could've used google to look for its source.

if there's an antiquity that has leads in cyrodiil or imperial city that also drops in other zones I'd love to know but i do not know of any.

theres actually several antiquity leads which are specifically from IC, cyro and BGs
    • there is a statue furnishing lead that only drops from BGs
    • there is at least 3 different mythics which drop leads in IC (one is bloodlords embrace lead from sewer bosses (fixed and banner bosses or molag bal event, then malacath ring has a lead from one of the surface bosses, and i think death dealers fete has a lead from another surface boss)
    • cyrodiil has a furnishing lead from doing town dailies
    • there is also at least 1 mythic lead in cyro that comes from cyro delve bosses
    • there is also the leads for the lancer siege weapons from the cyro conquest missions
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, I want to enjoy my game time, and the threat of imminent ganking while fishing or rooting around containers is just not my idea of fun. Nothing is gonna get me to set foot in there beyond the tutorial for my one point in continuous attack. Not even pretty shiny things.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

theres actually several antiquity leads which are specifically from IC, cyro and BGs
    • there is a statue furnishing lead that only drops from BGs
    • there is at least 3 different mythics which drop leads in IC (one is bloodlords embrace lead from sewer bosses (fixed and banner bosses or molag bal event, then malacath ring has a lead from one of the surface bosses, and i think death dealers fete has a lead from another surface boss)
    • cyrodiil has a furnishing lead from doing town dailies
    • there is also at least 1 mythic lead in cyro that comes from cyro delve bosses
    • there is also the leads for the lancer siege weapons from the cyro conquest missions

i know about those. i said i don't know of any antiquities that drop in both other zones and pvp. as the person i quoted believed the Moth Priest cleansing bowl dropped in both imperial city and Northern elsweyr.

like your whole comment was unnecessary
    Edited by LunaFlora on April 27, 2023 11:51AM

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    Hard 'no' from me. I've seen other games force PVP for PVE rewards and it only bred resentment and upset, both from unhappy PVE players and also the PVP players who had to deal with a sudden influx of unskilled team members.
    I don't see any benefit to putting more PVE rewards into the PVP zones.
    It's not like getting repeatedly ganked while trying to do PVE content is going to encourage PVE players to do more PVP.

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope no way its bad enough trying to grind for the siege furniture this would be worse
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its not hard to earn gold.... if they get rid of things for people to farm and sell the game will die

Much like the war torte recipe that helps players earn alliance rank faster, it would be best if it could be trade able in some way. As I mentioned earlier, you must provide alternative sources to those who refuse to PvP regardless of the incentives. I don't know about furniture built out of Cyrodiil citrus, but sourcing BoE plans/materials might help. That way some people can put forth the effort and others can simply put forth the gold. Think of how we currently source Gladiator costumes, Hakeijos, or how the spell/weapon power pots purchased with AP get sold to PvE end gamers.

Don't waste any time trying to change people's minds that are already made up. Instead, try to reach the few people that Mayhem reaches - those who come willingly with curiosity not prejudice. It's not about enticing people away from PvE so much as enticing those curious about PvP with another incentive to give it a go.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, this is not an appealing idea from either side of the fence. They should improve PvP and make it more rewarding with the goal of *ATTRACTING MORE PLAYERS TO THE GAME WHO WANT TO PVP*.

Trying to find ways to "entice" reluctant players to PvP seems more likely to sour their experience and cause them to move to a friendlier game... and it probably wouldn't make for very engaging PvP for the people who actually want to PvP, either.
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭

Much like the war torte recipe that helps players earn alliance rank faster, it would be best if it could be trade able in some way. As I mentioned earlier, you must provide alternative sources to those who refuse to PvP regardless of the incentives. I don't know about furniture built out of Cyrodiil citrus, but sourcing BoE plans/materials might help. That way some people can put forth the effort and others can simply put forth the gold. Think of how we currently source Gladiator costumes, Hakeijos, or how the spell/weapon power pots purchased with AP get sold to PvE end gamers.

Don't waste any time trying to change people's minds that are already made up. Instead, try to reach the few people that Mayhem reaches - those who come willingly with curiosity not prejudice. It's not about enticing people away from PvE so much as enticing those curious about PvP with another incentive to give it a go.

I really appreciate your comment, i just thought it would be a really awesome addition, the map of Cyridiil is over 50% "un-used " and would be nice to see some of it get used for something

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do mostly PvE, and sometimes PvP. Although I m not the worst PvP player, I am certainly not the best.

There are allready furniture locked behind the PvP ranks, also there are beautifull dye colors locked behind high PvP ranks. I think that is enough.

Don't want to frind for furniture in PvP lands.

PvP desperately needs some more updates/maps/features, I agree with that for sure.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao all the players saying that pvers will just be fodder is absolutely correct. Come get slaughtered and have an unenjoyable time. On the other hand, forcing a pvper to do boring dungeon stuff just to get furnishings or leads is also unfair.
    This is the oldest debate on here. In the end though, pvers outnumber the pvpers and that is that.
    I've always wished cool furnishings could be obtained through high risk and pvp adventure instead of rng, but it's just not going to happen. Too many people don't want to ever bother with that side of the game and they aren't willing to change. Every capable pvper started out dying over and over again just like any new pver attempting vet content for the first time. You die, and pick yourself back up and learn new skills. In my opinion pvp and the adventure of actual risk in a dangerous location is the coolest part of an online elder scrolls game.
    But oh well. This entire thread is a great example of people who are unwilling to pvp under any circumstance and think everything they want should be within their reach regardless.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always wished cool furnishings could be obtained through high risk and pvp adventure instead of rng, but it's just not going to happen. Too many people don't want to ever bother with that side of the game and they aren't willing to change. Every capable pvper started out dying over and over again just like any new pver attempting vet content for the first time. You die, and pick yourself back up and learn new skills.

Willing to change? Some people might find out they enjoy it, but for others I'm not sure that pvp-related anxiety is something that a person can just be willing to change. I did plenty of pvp stuff multiple games in the past, but I enjoy gaming so much more without it now. It's not really about being willing. (It's also not necessarily the case that I need things to be in reach, I'm sure they'd turn up at guild traders).

But anyway, you and I both know how it goes with a bunch of Bambis running around in there. One of the younger members of the household decided to do a little exploring after completing the tutorial for continuous assault. Explored very little, attacked no one, still got killed several times by people that thought a lvl 12 character was worth hunting. It's not really a learning experience, lol.
    Edited by Liguar on May 3, 2023 3:43PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not a pvper, but I do pop in now and then to die regularly and humourously while bouncing around on my guar. I'm not sure TBH that with such low pop locks these days that you would want Cyro instances to be filled with people not wanting to engage in combat, but trying to find chests/whatever to get the next great painting or chair
    Soupy twist
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I object to the statement:

Cyridiil is over 50% "un-used "

Sometimes when I’m not fighting I farm stuff or just ride around and look at the scenery.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't object to the idea of furnishing plans etc in group content. What I would object to is furniture with unique and important functions being gated by group content.

The most obvious example of this is the Dwarfglass Window, which you must complete Graven Deep to obtain. It is to this day the only large, colourless transparent window in the game, and it followed literally years of people requesting transparent windows. But it is gated behind one of the game's hardest dungeons and very near impossible to get solo unless you are a very high CP player.

Nice paintings, doors (that Sunspire door for example), whatever are great items to have as rewards for group content. Furnishing items that are the only examples of furnishings performing a particular function, not so much.
    Edited by Northwold on May 18, 2023 10:46AM
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    I don't object to the idea of furnishing plans etc in group content. What I would object to is furniture with unique and important functions being gated by group content.

The most obvious example of this is the Dwarfglass Window, which you must complete Graven Deep to obtain. It is to this day the only large, colourless transparent window in the game, and it followed literally years of people requesting transparent windows. But it is gated behind one of the game's hardest dungeons and very near impossible to get solo unless you are a very high CP player.

Nice paintings, doors (that Sunspire door for example), whatever are great items to have as rewards for group content. Furnishing items that are the only examples of furnishings performing a particular function, not so much.

The glass window you can get by walking through on normal difficulty with a group of random players, if it required vet I could understand this as a problem.

I'm more concerned about the nice things that you can only get from the new dungeon chests that require grinding keys.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The glass window you can get by walking through on normal difficulty with a group of random players, if it required vet I could understand this as a problem.

I'm more concerned about the nice things that you can only get from the new dungeon chests that require grinding keys.

I don't think there's much there to understand except some people solo *completely* and ZOS knows very well that they exist in non-negligible numbers (and indeed built the game to lure them in). There have been discussions on that window previously, though, it was just an example of what isn't a good idea. Saying to players who don't do group "do group" sort of sidesteps the issue entirely and pretends it's not there.
    Edited by Northwold on May 18, 2023 6:18PM
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    Saying to players who don't do group "do group" sort of sidesteps the issue entirely and pretends it's not there.

If you don't group then why do you even start to play a MMO game in a first place ? And don't even start to talk about "cuz it's scrolls" because housing has nothing with scrolls at all
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't group then why do you even start to play a MMO game in a first place ? And don't even start to talk about "cuz it's scrolls" because housing has nothing with scrolls at all

LOL. Because it is known to have a lot of solo or duo content?

MMOs have the feeling of being in a big, populated world, which is obviously lacking in single-player ARPGs. Just because I don't want to join organized group content doesn't mean I don't like having the option to play in that world alone, or with my spouse or children, and seeing other adventurers (and their fashion, for better or worse) out and about.

Oh, and the housing is great, scrolls or not.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saying to players who don't do group "do group" sort of sidesteps the issue entirely and pretends it's not there.

elder scrolls online is very fun to play solo. you don't have to group up to play an mmo.
    and elder scrolls has had housing before eso :)

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the game was designed very obviously to accommodate solo players, marketed as such, and does so pretty well? I might as well ask why, if you want a pure MMO, you don't just play WoW or something.

As I said to the previous poster, it's not necessary for you to understand it, nor do players need to justify themselves to you when you don't.
    Edited by Northwold on May 20, 2023 10:17PM