Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Maintenance for 14 hours only on Playstation Servers? Why?

XoXJulietteXoX
XoXJulietteXoX
✭✭✭
I haven't been playing for a while, but do not remember only the Playstation server being taken down for 14 hours in the past, especially during an event. Is this how ESO is now proceeding? Is it Microsoft trying to force us to buy an Xbox (HA). But seriously, what gives?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 17, 2023 1:47PM
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably some sort of upgrade or hotfix.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • Trader- Tamriel Trade Secrets
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭

Fix ONE thing, break multiple others. They still haven't fixed BGs microphone issue - EVERYONE in ALL BGs can hear each other in group chat... This has been ongoing for a couple years.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fix ONE thing, break multiple others. They still haven't fixed BGs microphone issue - EVERYONE in ALL BGs can hear each other in group chat... This has been ongoing for a couple years.

Given the timing and the selectivity of it, it is likely the server upgrade that PC NA and Xbox NA got recently.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been playing for a while, but do not remember only the Playstation server being taken down for 14 hours in the past, especially during an event. Is this how ESO is now proceeding? Is it Microsoft trying to force us to buy an Xbox (HA). But seriously, what gives?

Hardware upgrade, presumably. Ask @BethesdaSupport on Twitter. They were the source of hardware upgrade information last time.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 16, 2023 12:43PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone! Yes, confirming today is the hardware upgrade for the PlayStation NA megaserver, hence the longer-than-usual maintenance.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone! Yes, confirming today is the hardware upgrade for the PlayStation NA megaserver, hence the longer-than-usual maintenance.

Why do they do this during events? Wouldn't the time be better to do it when we don't have a few days left in the event? I remember this being a problem years ago and I had quit along with quite a few others and of course I came back recently and it's still an issue.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do they do this during events? Wouldn't the time be better to do it when we don't have a few days left in the event? I remember this being a problem years ago and I had quit along with quite a few others and of course I came back recently and it's still an issue.

Given all the planning that has to happen to upgrade the hardware, the proper question is why they scheduled the event when they knew they would be doing upgrade maintenance. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would rather miss one day of an event and get fresh servers.
    Besides this is one of two Mayhem events.
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, when we (our Guild) run BGs together we either talk in Guild chat or a PSN we have for our Guild. Otherwise, yes, you hear either everyone, or everyone but your own teammates (that's happened a few times, sadly).
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭

Same. Sucks that it's during an event, especially a very grindy event, but the payoff outweighs the inconvenience.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭

Same. Sucks that it's during an event, especially a very grindy event, but the payoff outweighs the inconvenience.

They couldn't do it before or after? Their time management sucks.
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭

They couldn't do it before or after? Their time management sucks.

I'm wondering if it was a "now or never" type of matter. As in, the contractors they hire to install the new servers just said we're doing it now.

Or, as is the case with much of large businesses and government agencies, the left and right hand have poor communication skills between them.

Like I said, it's the pits that it's during such a grindy event, but at least it's getting done.
  • EmilyElizabethESO
    EmilyElizabethESO
    ✭✭✭

Thank you!
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is poorly planned, and makes me wonder whether departments at ZOS communicate with one another. Scheduling a server upgrade during one of the most popular events of the year is beyond the pale.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we will get the rest of Mayhem and the upcoming next Mayhem with improved performance hopefully.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    But we will get the rest of Mayhem and the upcoming next Mayhem with improved performance hopefully.

For PS4? I lag, freeze, and crash continually while my husband plays as happy as can be and unencumbered beside me on his PS5.
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭

For PS4? I lag, freeze, and crash continually while my husband plays as happy as can be and unencumbered beside me on his PS5.

Tell your husband to buy you a PS5!! lol
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Gracous wrote: »

Tell your husband to buy you a PS5!! lol

Well, we were going to the other day but my Walmart is selling the digital consoles for $499.00, and the disc bundles for like $750? But, digital is supposed to be $399.00
  • Eirianbryn30
    Eirianbryn30
    ✭✭
    For a hardware update we won't have anything to update on our side correct?

My ps4 is loosing storage fast 🙁
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So the announcement was buried in the bowels of one of the unvisited sub-forums here. It only showed up early this morning, after I had already posted my thread about it.

Why couldn’t it be put in the header banner so everyone could see it and know about it?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the announcement was buried in the bowels of one of the unvisited sub-forums here. It only showed up early this morning, after I had already posted my thread about it.

Why couldn’t it be put in the header banner so everyone could see it and know about it?

It is in the header banner...
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean the banner at the top of the forum? It’s been there about today’s maintenance since this past weekend, at least for me.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it’s completed at 4
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭

You mean the banner at the top of the forum? It’s been there about today’s maintenance since this past weekend, at least for me.

Not on my laptop, but I see it on my cell phone 🤷‍♀
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. I didn't notice it at first but then my guild leader brought it up yesterday haha.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not on my laptop, but I see it on my cell phone 🤷‍♀

You may want to double check that you haven’t minimized or clicked off the header banners on your laptop. I have accidentally done that before myself.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭

Yep, you are right. I finally got my PS5 back in October and it's amazing.

Remind your husband that "happy wife, happy life." Or else!
    :s
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Ashyachu
    Ashyachu
    ✭✭
    Extended for three hours… 😢
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, that is definitely making it highly questionable about getting event tickets and daily login rewards today…
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a massive company. This isn't some indie outfit.

And you wait to casually "announce" the extension in the forum header until right when the servers were supposed to be up. You're a massive company. Start acting like it. There's no excuse for this lack of communication or having the servers down for an entire day of an event.
This discussion has been closed.