The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server Maintenance for 14 hours only on Playstation Servers? Why?

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like something popped during the finalization steps. Unfortunate. I hope we get more information and some compensation.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 16, 2023 11:06PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, ya know what...I'm playing something else...Oh right, I already was.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Looks like something popped during the finalization steps. Unfortunate. I hope we get more information and some compensation.

Hopefully, they just forgot to include the power cable in the box and they can just run out to Best Buy and get another. :)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    Well thank you fellow players for the update. I can't imagine I'm the only one that doesn't use Twitter.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bummer :(
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** must be hitting the fan
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7am to 3 am for me loooool. I mean so glad I don’t have eso plus anymore or else d be livid paying for a service that’s not available.
  • Vonsaberhagen
    Vonsaberhagen
    ✭✭
    As someone who primarily plays on PS, I look forward to the extra event tickets and LARGE apology gift you will be gracing us with over the extended outage. :smile:
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who primarily plays on PS, I look forward to the extra event tickets and LARGE apology gift you will be gracing us with over the extended outage. :smile:

I'll take the three tickets I would have earned. And a free style page as I can no longer earn enough tickets to buy the whole outfit.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand unforeseen things happen, but for those keeping score at home, I will reiterate: Jesters Festival was started a day early to compensate for knowing PC EU would be down 14 hours minimum. Midyear Mayhem was not despite there being foreknowledge that we would be down a minimum of 14 hours (which is now actually going to be an estimated minimum of 20 hours).

If the realm is not back up by 10pm Eastern, essentially ALL East Coast day workers are guaranteed to lose out on event tickets and daily login rewards. I can’t exactly stay up to 2am when I have to be up early for work tomorrow, on the hopes and dreams the server will eventually come back on.

PS NA deserves some sort of consolation prize for this.

Not to mention, as dumb as it sounds, I’ll probably lose sleep tonight if I go to bed wondering about the status of my trading guild’s trader. Yes, maybe that’s a “go out and touch grass” sort of thing, but I take my GM duties seriously. And I’ve already touched grass multiple times playing with the puppy today. I’ve grown tired of touching it for the moment.

I just want to know that I secured a trader for my guild and where is it located.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • JustRoxxy
    JustRoxxy
    Hopefully it’s completed at 4
    Hi everyone! Yes, confirming today is the hardware upgrade for the PlayStation NA megaserver, hence the longer-than-usual maintenance.

Morning Gina and Everyone from Western Australia,

So it’s currently 0800 in WA. It’s been 24 hours since the announcement 😑

How much longer before we get our game back to play? 🤔 Please 🙏🏽
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand unforeseen things happen, but for those keeping score at home, I will reiterate: Jesters Festival was started a day early to compensate for knowing PC EU would be down 14 hours minimum. Midyear Mayhem was not despite there being foreknowledge that we would be down a minimum of 14 hours (which is now actually going to be an estimated minimum of 20 hours).

That's not all! They also moved the Midyear Mayhem in the first place explicitly so it wouldn't occur during PC's maintenance.
    The March/April ESO timeframe is always very busy. We have a lot of events and almost always have a major Update. Because of this, we need to move some events around on the calendar to give the infrastructure team some clear air to do the maintenance without impacting any ongoing events. We are moving Whitestrake’s Mayhem to later in the year to ensure the datacenter hardware refresh is complete before we hold the event. We still intend to have two Whitestrake’s Mayhem events in 2023. Since we will be moving an event that grants Event Tickets out of Q1 (January – March) and we want everyone to be able to get the Q1 morphing collectible, Passion’s Muse personality, we will make the Q1 fragments available through Q2 (April – June.) The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift. As we have done in previous years, all morphing collectible fragments for the year will also be available during the New Life Festival in December.

XBOX got an extra day. PC got the event moved completely. So far, Playstation NA has received nothing. I really hope when this is done, they do something to compensate for a lost day especially since they chose when the traders flip.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 17, 2023 12:10AM
  • HammerWTEK
    HammerWTEK
    ✭✭
    Will we get event tickets for tge ones we missed? I already have gotten ZERO drops of the event style pages.
    We know...
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

That's not all! They also moved the Midyear Mayhem in the first place explicitly so it wouldn't occur during PC's maintenance.
    The March/April ESO timeframe is always very busy. We have a lot of events and almost always have a major Update. Because of this, we need to move some events around on the calendar to give the infrastructure team some clear air to do the maintenance without impacting any ongoing events. We are moving Whitestrake’s Mayhem to later in the year to ensure the datacenter hardware refresh is complete before we hold the event. We still intend to have two Whitestrake’s Mayhem events in 2023. Since we will be moving an event that grants Event Tickets out of Q1 (January – March) and we want everyone to be able to get the Q1 morphing collectible, Passion’s Muse personality, we will make the Q1 fragments available through Q2 (April – June.) The amount of Event Tickets you can earn for the year will not change because of this shift. As we have done in previous years, all morphing collectible fragments for the year will also be available during the New Life Festival in December.

XBOX got an extra day. PC got the event moved completely. So far, Playstation NA has received nothing. I really hope when this is done, they do something to compensate for a lost day especially since they chose when the traders flip.

Funny how those are both owned by Microsoft and we aren’t.

Makes you wonder.

Why is my money not as green as theirs to earn equal treatment?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Yoshukai
    Yoshukai
    Soul Shriven
    Server is up
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys building a whole new game? Did you delete half the sever during the upgrade?
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS NA is up as of 817pm est

@DirtyDeeds765
    Edited by DirtyDeeds765 on May 17, 2023 12:17AM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WE’RE UP!

AND WE GOT HUZZIN IN ALINOR, COME SHOP THE PTK’S!
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but not feeling hardly a bit of a difference. Barely, barely better with weapon swap. I have around 300mbps internet. Barely a large group. Not even surprised though. Like a lot of others, there was hardly a difference on PC as well.
    Edited by alternatelder on May 17, 2023 12:48AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps server back on.

I'm wondering if they break anything.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but not feeling hardly a bit of a difference. Barely, barely better with weapon swap. I have around 300mbps internet. Barely a large group. Not even surprised though. Like a lot of others, there was hardly a difference on PC as well.

Well they did say that performance were not expected to get better... they said it back when server refresh were first announced. If i remember correctly, the change was to get more recent hardware berfore the previous one get to old or something apong those line. Cannot blame them for not getting something you werent suppose to get in the first place
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well they did say that performance were not expected to get better... they said it back when server refresh were first announced. If i remember correctly, the change was to get more recent hardware berfore the previous one get to old or something apong those line. Cannot blame them for not getting something you werent suppose to get in the first place

Totally agree.

At least you can still play eso in ps.

If it was up to microsoft, perish the thought.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right, they did say that, however, so many people have experienced a huge change. So obviously I'm going to get upset if it feels like I'm the only one not experiencing any change. I will blame them, I will also blame everyone else for creating hype about the performance change.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi there!

Since maintenance is complete and this thread has derailed with bashing comments, we're going to go ahead and close this thread. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.