The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you want specific DLC & base dungeons queues

• pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    All normal dungeons should be equal in difficulty and the same with the veteran ones, but they absolutely aren't. This is the root of the problem and should be looked at.

I think you're suggesting that all dungeons be of equal difficulty to Fungal Grotto or Spindleclutch? If that is the case, it would become incredibly boring and dungeons would completely lose the appeal as fun content.

I would suggest instead to look up the dungeons and learn what it is about and maybe it can start to become fun for you as well. I do realize that quite a few players want to click a button and just get rewards and detest any kind of time investment.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Unless they give it absolutely no rewards so it's no different to what we have now, this would destroy the group finder for everyone who enjoys DLC dungeons. Hard pass.

The playerbase should not be split up to an unhealthy degree, killing content for a group of players, so that players can get rewards for things they didn't do. And no, a player did not complete a random dungeon if they chose which dungeons they wanted to do.

So players who are NOT ESO+ subscribers should get absolutely no rewards? Because essentially, they are getting what the OP is asking, a random dungeon finder that does not include any DLCs.

No. Sorry, I was not clear. I am saying that I would be okay if there was a modification to the idea. My idea is that would still be a "Random Queue (rewards)" and then we would add a "Specific base game" and "Specific DLC" queue that offered no rewards rather than place the random dungeon. We already kind of have this because people can just click the dungeons they want to do. However, doing it that way requires a lot of button presses. So, to save on button presses alone, there could be additionally a specific base and specific dlc queue that don't give you extra rewards for completing them.

But, as I mentioned earlier, the queue is already split between ESO+ players and non-ESO+ players. Why do non-ESO+ players get to play without DLC dungeons AND get the random rewards, but paying members do not?
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    pelle412 wrote: »
    All normal dungeons should be equal in difficulty and the same with the veteran ones, but they absolutely aren't. This is the root of the problem and should be looked at.

I think you're suggesting that all dungeons be of equal difficulty to Fungal Grotto or Spindleclutch? If that is the case, it would become incredibly boring and dungeons would completely lose the appeal as fun content.

I would suggest instead to look up the dungeons and learn what it is about and maybe it can start to become fun for you as well. I do realize that quite a few players want to click a button and just get rewards and detest any kind of time investment.

Going into randoms to get rewards and undanted Keys is what keeps the que alive my friend.

If you really think random sucks.. well choose a specifik dungeon and be happy!
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Destai wrote: »
    I'd like to see something like a random dungeon playlist. You select the dungeons you want to be randomized, and the queue matches you up accordingly. The idea is to have multiple playlists, which the player could curate accordingly.

Examples
    1. A focused playlist on a handful of dungeons that are priority for stickerbook.
    2. A playlist excluding some dungeons - like no DLC dungeons, dungeons with completed stickerbooks.
    3. An event-focused playlist, like it's the Elsweyr event and you want to randomize those dungeons only

The main drawback of this is it's very exclusionary and would likely extend queue times.
    I use Favorite Dungeon Rotation addon for this. It's only one playlist, so you have to edit the list when there's an event, but it's not a big deal.

It's handy when you can queue to those dungeons you need sets from with a push of a single button.
    pelle412 wrote: »
    I think all rewards should be removed from random dungeons. Then there is much less of an incentive to fake your role and you will be placed with players who want to run that dungeon. If you want transmute crystals, go to Cyrodiil. If you want xp, do quests or kill monsters. It is the rewards themselves that produce fake role players and players who refuse to learn the basics of a dungeon and just want a mindless tank'n'spank encounter.
    Not many people like PVP so Transmutes from Cyrodiil is not an option for everyone.

I don't really do daily randoms with pugs so I am not sure how the fake roles are an issue. Are you doing random veteran dungeons? There, yeah, if you get a veteran DLC dungeon you kinda need a tank and a healer. I usually just do them on normal difficulty to get the quick transmutes. And I usually go with my friends or guild members. If possible, we try to have a low level character with us to get a base game dungeon and we usually go with 4dd. But yeah, if you do them in vet, then yeah, I get your point.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes please push for a split in the group finder for base and dlc for many reasons, no downside as if you want a specific dungeon thats normal or dlc just queue for it and a much more player friendly way to start vet randoms from normal.
    Edited by Daoin on May 9, 2023 9:11AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ...the queue is already split between ESO+ players and non-ESO+ players. Why do non-ESO+ players get to play without DLC dungeons AND get the random rewards, but paying members do not?

That is a very good point. Paying members should have more choices, not less, and having separate queues could be a perk of ESO+.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 9, 2023 3:11PM
    PCNA
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What do you mean? You want random dungeon rewards without actually doing a random dungeon, so completely ruining the point of the random dungeon rewards, which is to get people a better chance of running the content they want to run if they don't have a group?

I need some Z'en weapons. I don't have any mates so I queue for nLoM as a DD. It takes the queue 20 minutes to pop.

Your change makes it an hour.

Sure it's a bit unfair that people who don't subscribe or own the content get easier randoms, but then they don't actually get to play half the game so...
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Unless they give it absolutely no rewards so it's no different to what we have now, this would destroy the group finder for everyone who enjoys DLC dungeons. Hard pass.

The playerbase should not be split up to an unhealthy degree, killing content for a group of players, so that players can get rewards for things they didn't do. And no, a player did not complete a random dungeon if they chose which dungeons they wanted to do.

So players who are NOT ESO+ subscribers should get absolutely no rewards? Because essentially, they are getting what the OP is asking, a random dungeon finder that does not include any DLCs.

Ermm....

What?
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ...the queue is already split between ESO+ players and non-ESO+ players. Why do non-ESO+ players get to play without DLC dungeons AND get the random rewards, but paying members do not?

That is a very good point. Paying members should have more choices, not less, and having separate queues could be a perk of ESO+.

Paying members obviously do get significantly more choice, in that they can play more stuff.

Sure, by all means get yourself an easier random and more transmutes, but you won't actually be able to make anything worthwhile with the transmutes outside of base game.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure it's a bit unfair that people who don't subscribe or own the content get easier randoms...

Having additional choices should be an ESO+ perk rather than the other way around.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 9, 2023 3:57PM
    PCNA
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    What do you mean? You want random dungeon rewards without actually doing a random dungeon, so completely ruining the point of the random dungeon rewards, which is to get people a better chance of running the content they want to run if they don't have a group?

I need some Z'en weapons. I don't have any mates so I queue for nLoM as a DD. It takes the queue 20 minutes to pop.

Sure it's a bit unfair that people who don't subscribe or own the content get easier randoms, but then they don't actually get to play half the game so...

you need zens daggers what does this have to do with a random group if you need a specific set ? i for one would always queue for my daily in non dlc then choose a specific if i wanted to do dlc and as a bonus just dlc random for extra fun. and its right you want to up to vet content you payed for all the good stuff than at 300cp you thrown into the hardest dlc dungeon there is on your random in the game to be told your not good enough, could almost say raise the cp to enter to 1500cp then and to add to this there is already a well known distinction between base and dlc content anyway
    Edited by Daoin on May 9, 2023 4:16PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Daoin wrote: »

you need zens daggers what does this have to do with a random group if you need a specific set ?

RDF supplies and rewards players to fill gaps in premade groups, that's like half the purpose of the whole system existence.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No. Sorry, I was not clear. I am saying that I would be okay if there was a modification to the idea. My idea is that would still be a "Random Queue (rewards)" and then we would add a "Specific base game" and "Specific DLC" queue that offered no rewards rather than place the random dungeon. We already kind of have this because people can just click the dungeons they want to do. However, doing it that way requires a lot of button presses. So, to save on button presses alone, there could be additionally a specific base and specific dlc queue that don't give you extra rewards for completing them.

But, as I mentioned earlier, the queue is already split between ESO+ players and non-ESO+ players. Why do non-ESO+ players get to play without DLC dungeons AND get the random rewards, but paying members do not?

Ah yes, the "Don't pay to win" method. As long as FG1 vet and Lair of Maarselok vet give the same transmute reward, players seeking max transmutes are incentivized towards not having ESO+ if you can live without the craft bag. You can also rely on someone else to not pay so when they're in your group you only get easy dungeons while people who all pay get no such luxury.
    I think the best way to help this issue is to rework the rewards to reflect the content they were derived from. DLCs and 2 keys HM should reward more transmutes.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    If you really think random sucks.. well choose a specifik dungeon and be happy!

No I never have any problems with random dungeons. Like ever. But everyone else seems to have massive problems all the time, hence my comments.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We already have specific DLC and base dungeon queues. We can choose to queue for only base game dungeons or DLC dungeons any time we want. We can even queue for any specific dungeon or selection of dungeons that we are interested in.

That solution was added to the game eons ago.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

All players are queued for every dungeon they qualify for. People don't qualify for paid content they haven't paid for.

ETA

The developers have two choices. They can prioritize ensuring the content is actually functional for people who paid for the content because they wanted it. Or they can prioritize ensuring that plus members that don't actually want to use the thing they paid for can get non-exclusive bonus loot that is able to be obtained elsewhere in the game.

They rightly (imo) prioritize making sure the paid product is functional for all who buy it and want to use it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 11, 2023 6:58AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

All players are queued for every dungeon they qualify for. People don't qualify for paid content they haven't paid for.

ETA

The developers have two choices. They can prioritize ensuring the content is actually functional for people who paid for the content because they wanted it. Or they can prioritize ensuring that plus members that don't actually want to use the thing they paid for can get non-exclusive bonus loot that is able to be obtained elsewhere in the game.

They rightly (imo) prioritize making sure the paid product is functional for all who buy it and want to use it.

I just cancelled ESO+ honestly lol. I’m not paying to play content I don’t want, currently just waiting the month out so I can get back to randoms I don’t have to bail on immediately. Ah well, this argument is yeeeears old and nothings going to change.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

ETA

I just cancelled ESO+ honestly lol. I’m not paying to play content I don’t want, currently just waiting the month out so I can get back to randoms I don’t have to bail on immediately. Ah well, this argument is yeeeears old and nothings going to change.

That's a good solution. I also recommend honestly just queuing with an alt while you wait. If it's under 30 you're not gonna get those dungeons as that's the other thing that is disqualifies someone from being able to queue a dungeon. I know it sucks having to do a workaround. I do agree that it's having to jump through hoops is annoying. But, imo, the alternative is simply worse. The queue times are already so bad for dlc for DPS, if they were any longer I'd probably quit the queue altogether. I already don't do it as often due to the lack of tanks and not always wanting to tank and be responsible for mechs.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Cancelling ESO+ isn't an option for me. I would find the game way less enjoyable if I lost half my storage and half my housing slots and the crafting bag.

I know this argument has been around awhile and that is because this is a problem for many players. There needs to be a reasonable solution.
    PCNA
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Cancelling ESO+ isn't an option for me. I would find the game way less enjoyable if I lost half my storage and half my housing slots and the crafting bag.

I know this argument has been around awhile and that is because this is a problem for many players. There needs to be a reasonable solution.

I agree that it’s a bad option and it basically means for me that I won’t play the game at all. I craft a lot and have a lot in my bank and house. It hasn’t always been so bad, but now that DLC dungeons outnumber base game ones, I have found myself moving on to other games.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

ETA

That's a good solution. I also recommend honestly just queuing with an alt while you wait. If it's under 30 you're not gonna get those dungeons as that's the other thing that is disqualifies someone from being able to queue a dungeon. I know it sucks having to do a workaround. I do agree that it's having to jump through hoops is annoying. But, imo, the alternative is simply worse. The queue times are already so bad for dlc for DPS, if they were any longer I'd probably quit the queue altogether. I already don't do it as often due to the lack of tanks and not always wanting to tank and be responsible for mechs.

I’m not convinced the DPS long queue is only a lack of tanks, but rather the queue itself is broken. Badly. It’s so broken. In regards to tanks though, a separate queue might actually help. There’s little point in real tanks in non DLC, so people skilled in fake tanking (with a taunt…) can tank on their DPS in non DLC queues, making those faster. Real tanks on the other hand can get more enjoyment out of DLC dungeons, so then you’re getting more real tanks available for DLC because they’re not being wasted in non DLC. The queue is a very deep subject.

Rewards or not, I’d like a DLC queue. I don’t want to click all over 20 DLC dungeons every time I go to queue and I don’t want people who don’t want to be there in my group.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Soarora wrote: »
    I’m not convinced the DPS long queue is only a lack of tanks, but rather the queue itself is broken.

I think the experience also varies by platform. I have queued as DPS for the random a few times now on PCNA and it has always been a pretty short wait.

Soarora wrote: »
    I don’t want to click all over 20 DLC dungeons every time I go to queue and I don’t want people who don’t want to be there in my group.

This would benefit those that prefer DLC dungeons as well as those who don't for these reasons.

Edited by SilverBride on May 12, 2023 8:04PM
    PCNA