Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you want specific DLC & base dungeons queues

Xarc
Xarc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 28, 2023 4:30PM
@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
"La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
- since april.2014

Do you want specific DLC & base dungeons queues 78 votes

Yes
66%
calitrumanb14_ESODarcyMardinfalcasternub18_ESOSorakaAvalonRangerSilverBrideAmphithoeRagnarok0130ReverbXarcDestaiDurianJusey1Bobby_V_RockitAzOutbackLehnuinXoelarasizereranadandyChilly-McFreezeFrancisCrawford 52 votes
No
33%
chessalavakia_ESOfreespiritkwisatzAektannUNSekiDMuehlhausenKlifffizl101Azrael_1976richo262Dark_Lord_KuroRodneyRegisCatagamipelle412FortunattoRaammzzaacolossalvoidsspartaxoxothorwynkevkj 26 votes
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    plx2g98cpnql.gif

And I will continue to bail instantly on every single DLC dungeon that I get, no matter if it’s easy or not. I have ESO+ for the craft bag and DLC zones.
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on April 28, 2023 1:11PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    You can already do so. It's just not getting you bonuses for a random, because it's... not random.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes would be very useful.
    for random dungeons especially because i already have most of the base game dungeon gear and manually selecting each specific dlc dungeon is tedious
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    We already have that.

If you are speaking of random dungeon, ok but divide the bonus by 2 so doing each queue would give the same as today. The reward is their so you do content you dont really plan to do. This process remouve unwanted dungeon from the list so the reward should be reduced
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes especially if I want a quick random and don't feel like dealing with the harder mechanics of the DLC dungeons XD

An argument could be made to not sub, but subbing has more benefits and some of the DLC dungeons were given out for free like the IC dungeons and sometimes folk do want to run the DLC it's just harder to do as a quick random than the base game dungeons
    Edited by noblecron on April 28, 2023 12:32PM
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Specific ≠ Random

I'm not really opposed or in favor of the idea either way, but rewards for choosing only base game dungeons would need to be significantly reduced, by at least 50%. Anyone choosing DLC only should be given an extra 10% or they would just choose the combined DLC+Base queue. I expect a separate queue for just DLC wouldn't be implemented. Just a checkbox or something to exclude DLC dungeons.

You can just group with one person who doesn't have ESO+ and hasn't bought any of the dungeon DLCs.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I clicked yes but on 2nd thought that was probably a mistake. While it would make rnds faster, queuing for a DLC normal dungeon without a full group would probably take much longer. Most of the time our missing roles were filled by players from the random queue, and if everyone used the no-DLC queue, we'd have to go around begging for someone to join. I think I'd rather lose 20 minutes on a Lair of Maarselok rnd than an hour in queue for a DLC normal.
    PC EU
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think it would be better to instead give the specific queue transmutes at a reduced rate based on the the number of dungeons the player selected, to raise the level requirement for DLC dungeons, and to add transmute drops to bonus bosses/some of the bosses in longer dungeons.

I fear you'd move the issue of players leaving dungeons for being too long down to the II variants of the base game dungeons and that you'd end up with even more rushing on the base game dungeons. You might also hit ridiculously long queue times on some of the DLC dungeons that people don't do for drops.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    We already have that.

If you are speaking of random dungeon, ok but divide the bonus by 2 so doing each queue would give the same as today. The reward is their so you do content you dont really plan to do. This process remouve unwanted dungeon from the list so the reward should be reduced

Or you could multiply it by 2 for the DLC dungone queue as an incentive since most people try to avoid DLC dungeons for some bizarre reason.
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd accept a non-dlc queue even for a daily reward that gives only 3-5 gems instead of 10 just based on how much longer a DLC normal dungeon can take compared to a non-dlc on the average.

I'd welcome the addition as a time saving convenience, but if the queues are divided up, grouping time could take a hit (probably an intolerable one for DDers).

So with that in mind, if someone is truly desperate to avoid DLC dungeons on the gem farming side without wanting to get rid of access to DLC dungeons entirely, creating toons to gem farm with that they delete and recreate once they hit level 45 is also an option.

• Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, when I do random. I just want to do a quick in and out ordeal. Getting a longer dungeon is just not fun and most of the longer dungeons in the game are DLC ones.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like to see something like a random dungeon playlist. You select the dungeons you want to be randomized, and the queue matches you up accordingly. The idea is to have multiple playlists, which the player could curate accordingly.

Examples
    1. A focused playlist on a handful of dungeons that are priority for stickerbook.
    2. A playlist excluding some dungeons - like no DLC dungeons, dungeons with completed stickerbooks.
    3. An event-focused playlist, like it's the Elsweyr event and you want to randomize those dungeons only

The main drawback of this is it's very exclusionary and would likely extend queue times.
    Edited by Destai on April 28, 2023 3:39PM
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like to be able to queue for random dlc only, since I've already done the base game ones loads of times.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Unless they give it absolutely no rewards so it's no different to what we have now, this would destroy the group finder for everyone who enjoys DLC dungeons. Hard pass.

The playerbase should not be split up to an unhealthy degree, killing content for a group of players, so that players can get rewards for things they didn't do. And no, a player did not complete a random dungeon if they chose which dungeons they wanted to do.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 28, 2023 4:15PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    At least try it and see what happens. Fix the queue while they’re at it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Unless they give it absolutely no rewards so it's no different to what we have now, this would destroy the group finder for everyone who enjoys DLC dungeons. Hard pass.

The playerbase should not be split up to an unhealthy degree, killing content for a group of players, so that players can get rewards for things they didn't do. And no, a player did not complete a random dungeon if they chose which dungeons they wanted to do.

So players who are NOT ESO+ subscribers should get absolutely no rewards? Because essentially, they are getting what the OP is asking, a random dungeon finder that does not include any DLCs.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think its fine as it is, you can either que for random or select which dungeons you want to play and que.

But I do think random dungeons should offer a bit more Xp when you complete them. If I remember correct its the same amount of xp as when top cp was 810.

Lets say first daily random gives 150k xp and after that increase xp amount from 33k to 50k.
  • UNSeki
    UNSeki
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I have 12 characters and I already play with only ~6 a day. I don't want to be forced to do double that amount to get my daily rewards.

If we're getting separate queues, then I expect that either of them will give the reward, instead of having to do both. If DLC dungeons gave a higher reward (like 12 transmute stones), then all the better.
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think all rewards should be removed from random dungeons. Then there is much less of an incentive to fake your role and you will be placed with players who want to run that dungeon. If you want transmute crystals, go to Cyrodiil. If you want xp, do quests or kill monsters. It is the rewards themselves that produce fake role players and players who refuse to learn the basics of a dungeon and just want a mindless tank'n'spank encounter.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    pelle412 wrote: »
    I think all rewards should be removed from random dungeons. Then there is much less of an incentive to fake your role and you will be placed with players who want to run that dungeon. If you want transmute crystals, go to Cyrodiil. If you want xp, do quests or kill monsters. It is the rewards themselves that produce fake role players and players who refuse to learn the basics of a dungeon and just want a mindless tank'n'spank encounter.

4 man dungeons without rewards, Xp, dungeon sets, monster helms, motifs sounds very boring!
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    4 man dungeons without rewards, Xp, dungeon sets, monster helms, motifs sounds very boring!

You still get those when you run a specific dungeon. My post said "rewards should be removed from random dungeons".
  • UNSeki
    UNSeki
    ✭✭✭
    No
    pelle412 wrote: »

No, what produces fake roles is the simple fact that people don't like doing the real support roles. This is common across all games and it makes it so it takes long for damage dealers to queue. Plus, seeing how easy normal dungeons are to clear even with 4 DDs, this incentivizes players to fake queue.

Removing rewards would remove the incentive to play dungeons altogether. Good look queueing like that.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

So players who are NOT ESO+ subscribers should get absolutely no rewards? Because essentially, they are getting what the OP is asking, a random dungeon finder that does not include any DLCs.

No. Sorry, I was not clear. I am saying that I would be okay if there was a modification to the idea. My idea is that would still be a "Random Queue (rewards)" and then we would add a "Specific base game" and "Specific DLC" queue that offered no rewards rather than place the random dungeon. We already kind of have this because people can just click the dungeons they want to do. However, doing it that way requires a lot of button presses. So, to save on button presses alone, there could be additionally a specific base and specific dlc queue that don't give you extra rewards for completing them.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 2, 2023 9:36AM
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I want a Random DLC queue, but not a Random Base Game queue. Queueing a random vet and getting a boring base game one is the worst.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    DLC only all day for me please!😁 Base is just straight boring
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've only recently started queuing for dungeons and I've found that a lot of normal DLC dungeons are more difficult than some of the veteran base game dungeons. This is one reason I'd like to see separate queues.

I don't believe this would split the playerbase any more than choosing normal or veteran does.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 6, 2023 2:23PM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Splitting the queue (it would turn 2 queues into 4 queues) would lead to longer queue times and create a huge detriment to the ability to find groups. The dungeons that most people need the most help with (DLC) queues would be the worst impacted. I have already had experiences with just 2 queues where vet DLC dungeons would take like 30-40 minutes to pop as a DPS. Then there's days like this where you can't find a group at all, though admittedly it's rare.

zvloqy2e6rc6.jpg

The only way it works is if someone doesn't get the bonus rewards if they aren't queuing the random dungeon. Those need to remain as the incentive for doing randoms so that people who actually want to do them (which is a paid product) can use them.

EDIT:

This is the current process if you just want to queue specifically the base game dungeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcPlepP3ils

That's a bit too many button presses. So, an option that doesn't give out rewards but just automatically select those for you seems a good solution. Many players are in those queues specifically for the rewards. But there are some players that just want to play the dungeons they enjoy and don't care about rewards. A rewardless 1-button press specific/dlc option shouldn't do too much damage since the majority of the people not queuing for dungeons they specifically need are there for the bonus rewards.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 3, 2023 3:42AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd rather have a longer initial queue time than keep getting put into a DLC dungeon that players leave, then having to queue again to replace them.

I wish the base game and DLC dungeons were more comparable in length and difficulty. I believe this would help resolve this issue.

(edited by poster to clarify)
    Edited by SilverBride on May 9, 2023 3:04PM
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Maybe they need to stop making all the new dungeons longer and more difficult and get them back in line with what a normal dungeon should be, then there would be no conflict.

There would be a conflict with playerbase which actually prefers dungeons scaled for current characters power rather than old game that's not existing anymore. It's often complaint that those still don't teach newer players enough, making them as walkable would miss the mark even more if favour of random queuers which aren't even a main dungeon public to begin with.