Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

How I solved Sorc Survivability and heal issues with one skill change

TheTruestKing
TheTruestKing
✭✭✭
Note: This is not an actual change in the game!

Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning

Summon Winged Twilight
This skill and it's morphs can now be slotted on one bar instead of having to slot this skill on both bars. The Twilight's health and resistance will now match the players health and resistance.

Developer's Comments
Due to the feedback of the PvP community and testing we competent developers have noticed Sorcerer is falling behind in terms of self healing capabilities and overall survivability. We noticed that ever other class has a burst heal that can be slotted on one bar. Malevolent Offering(Nightblade), Polar Wind(Warden), Coagulating Blood(Dragonknight), Breath of Life(Templar), Resistant Flesh(Necromancer). After Wolfhunter DLC rid Sorcerer of the third bar from Overload. Self-healing and survivability of sorcerer drastically diminished. This change now fixes that. Sorcerers rejoice!(or some goofy statement like that)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ah that would be fun. i just use dark conversion though
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    so is teleport/streak going to get a nerf to balance this change? so that we can lob all the classes into the same exact generic brawler type with 0 flavor? nightblade used to not have a burst heal because you could cast vigor then cloak any dot damage while it heals you. now cloak has been nerfed and nightblade given a burst heal like every other class and is slowly morphing into brawler sludge. sorc is the last creative class. hopefully it doesnt become brawler sludge too.
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    so is teleport/streak going to get a nerf to balance this change? so that we can lob all the classes into the same exact generic brawler type with 0 flavor? nightblade used to not have a burst heal because you could cast vigor then cloak any dot damage while it heals you. now cloak has been nerfed and nightblade given a burst heal like every other class and is slowly morphing into brawler sludge. sorc is the last creative class. hopefully it doesnt become brawler sludge too.

So having self healing capabilities= brawler gotcha. Sorc was the last creative class when they had a third bar. No offense and with all due respect your point arbitrary to the topic at hand. You're talking about stuff that has been. As for cloak detect pots got a buff cloak didn't get nerfed not everyone is going to run detect. Lastly just because you enjoy sorcerer in and out playstyle and bow Sorc doesn't mean the class should be just that. Variety and different playstyles are what makes ESO fun. Every Sorc right now is dueling spec. Vate ice staff masters dw or bowsorc. How is that creative? Again no shade brother just giving you a different pov.
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Yeah in theory and on paper that sounds great. But an interruptable channeled 1sec 4500 heal 7000 Crit isn't where it's at. 12k polar Wind. 12k breath of life, full health coagulating blood lol, 12k healthy offering, 12k resistant flesh, and lastly 12k Twilight matriarch is where we're at. 7k 12k Crit heal in PvP more if you have more Crit healing. Arcanist has a skill that just slots on one bar and gives you the buff no matter what bar your on. Why can't Sorc have the same. Balance by definition means everything is on the same playing field. Why can't Sorc have a burst heal that can be slotted on one bar like every class in the game. Can someone give me some insight and valid reasons why this change shouldn't happen. Ill listen and discuss anything that's not a strawman argument.
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Note: This is not an actual change in the game!

Sorcerer

Daedric Summoning

Summon Winged Twilight
    This skill and it's morphs can now be slotted on one bar instead of having to slot this skill on both bars. The Twilight's health and resistance will now match the players health and resistance.

Developer's Comments
    Due to the feedback of the PvP community and testing we competent developers have noticed Sorcerer is falling behind in terms of self healing capabilities and overall survivability. We noticed that ever other class has a burst heal that can be slotted on one bar. Malevolent Offering(Nightblade), Polar Wind(Warden), Coagulating Blood(Dragonknight), Breath of Life(Templar), Resistant Flesh(Necromancer). After Wolfhunter DLC rid Sorcerer of the third bar from Overload. Self-healing and survivability of sorcerer drastically diminished. This change now fixes that. Sorcerers rejoice!(or some goofy statement like that)

If only
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭

How cloak was nerfed? I think it got buffed not to be affected by dot aoes, and no changes after.

Not talking about dark cloak (heal), which was nerfed many times
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Back in U36, I created a long thread with sorc pain points and potential theoretical fixes that could be looked at.

With simple changes to improve the reliability of sorcs healing, I also included nerfs to streak by removing the stun and replacing it with a strong but reasonable snare (40% iirc).
    The vast majority cried that the class would be brokenly OP (more so than current DK) despite the fact that the class would no longer have a reliable stun and would also be forced to find non-existent bar space to slot something like fighters guild fear for a stun.
    Even with the proposed nerfs to streak that left the class as a strictly worse NB, that still wasn't enough for anyone. At this point, just fix the class's issues and leave streak as is, no-one is going to be happy the class gets its issues fixed anyway, even if you nerf it's uniqueness to make it another generic class, so why bother nerfing its uniqueness at all if that still doesn't help with getting people to be happy with fixing the class.
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

Back in U36, I created a long thread with sorc pain points and potential theoretical fixes that could be looked at.

With simple changes to improve the reliability of sorcs healing, I also included nerfs to streak by removing the stun and replacing it with a strong but reasonable snare (40% iirc).
    The vast majority cried that the class would be brokenly OP (more so than current DK) despite the fact that the class would no longer have a reliable stun and would also be forced to find non-existent bar space to slot something like fighters guild fear for a stun.
    Even with the proposed nerfs to streak that left the class as a strictly worse NB, that still wasn't enough for anyone. At this point, just fix the class's issues and leave streak as is, no-one is going to be happy the class gets its issues fixed anyway, even if you nerf it's uniqueness to make it another generic class, so why bother nerfing its uniqueness at all if that still doesn't help with getting people to be happy with fixing the class.

Exactly. On point. My take on uniqueness is "What uniqueness"
    streak=mist
    crystal weapon=crush weapon bro they barely changed the name😅
    Dark deal=breath of life skin that's interruptable and mediocre at best
    Curse=purgeable shalks/blastbones
    Bound armaments=clunky spec bow that deals half the damage and over time.
    Lastly what uniqueness. Pre-Wolfhunter was the last uniqueness Sorc ever had third bar overload, implosion, Crit surge, and pets. So uniqueness is definitely not a reason to leave a class undertuned. Because uniqueness is a myth.

Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah in theory and on paper that sounds great. But an interruptable channeled 1sec 4500 heal 7000 Crit isn't where it's at. 12k polar Wind. 12k breath of life, full health coagulating blood lol, 12k healthy offering, 12k resistant flesh, and lastly 12k Twilight matriarch is where we're at. 7k 12k Crit heal in PvP more if you have more Crit healing. Arcanist has a skill that just slots on one bar and gives you the buff no matter what bar your on. Why can't Sorc have the same. Balance by definition means everything is on the same playing field. Why can't Sorc have a burst heal that can be slotted on one bar like every class in the game. Can someone give me some insight and valid reasons why this change shouldn't happen. Ill listen and discuss anything that's not a strawman argument.

By the same logic we can ask why can't everyone have streak.

And before someoone will say that everyone have streak with new mist form it's basically like saying that sorc have one bar burst heal like everyone else with a dark deal.
    Edited by Galeriano on May 8, 2023 12:52PM
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like them to take the regenerative ward morph and change it from a damage shield to a burst heal.

Not uncommon to have two completely different morphs, NB cloak for example, one is invisibility, the other a heal.
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »

And before someoone will say that everyone have streak with new mist form it's basically like saying that sorc have one bar burst heal like everyone else with a dark deal.

Everyone has streak with the new mist form bro. Your comparison is humorous but not true dark deal is not instant and interruptable with a mediocre heal. I've have people outrun and kite me on my warden when they use vampire streak. What we have here is a strawman argument. "Sorcs can't heal but they can run away" is not a counter or rebuttal to them having some sort survivability kit. Maybe for certain magsorc builds but not the class as a whole. I understand the consequences of buffing Stam Sorc could ultimately make Mag Sorc unkillable. That's not the purpose of this topic. Just want a balanced kit on Sorc whether caster or melee or hybrid without being forced into one specific playstyle like for example shield stacking. In and out etc.....
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I'd like them to take the regenerative ward morph and change it from a damage shield to a burst heal.

Not uncommon to have two completely different morphs, NB cloak for example, one is invisibility, the other a heal.

Could be good but a lot of people would cry "mag Sorc op" and with good reason. Damage shield + burst heal might be a little much. I'm trying to think from a dev perspective with as little bias as possible.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone has streak with the new mist form bro. Your comparison is humorous but not true dark deal is not instant and interruptable with a mediocre heal. I've have people outrun and kite me on my warden when they use vampire streak. What we have here is a strawman argument. "Sorcs can't heal but they can run away" is not a counter or rebuttal to them having some sort survivability kit. Maybe for certain magsorc builds but not the class as a whole. I understand the consequences of buffing Stam Sorc could ultimately make Mag Sorc unkillable. That's not the purpose of this topic. Just want a balanced kit on Sorc whether caster or melee or hybrid without being forced into one specific playstyle like for example shield stacking. In and out etc.....

And mist form is not instant cast point blank teleport with the strongest stun in the game attached to it. Other classes also cannot use teleporting as effectrively as soprc due to not having massive resource restore from dark deal. Strawman argument is Your argument about warden. By the same logic we can argue that there are people who are not nightblades vanishing from the fight with a vampire invisibility passive.

Yes fact that sorcs have the best mobility and control in the game tied to one ability is the exact reason why developer refuses to grant them burst heal comparable to other classes. They have "some sort survivability kit" just not the same as other classes. What You want is giving them survivability of ther classes with streak on top of it. You already have multiple playstyles on sorc.
    Options
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    Bro yall are tripping magsorc is the weakest spec in the game on live rn and even if you let the bird only be slotted on one bar sorcs would still be at a disadvantage due to having to stack mag instead of spell damage like every other class. And I main nb so no I'm not biased in this I don't understand why you other nbs get so worked up when we were literally just buffed to be a top tier class in pvp while magsorc is bottom feeding with plar and soon to be magcro
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭

And mist form is not instant cast point blank teleport with the strongest stun in the game attached to it. Other classes also cannot use teleporting as effectrively as soprc due to not having massive resource restore from dark deal. Strawman argument is Your argument about warden. By the same logic we can argue that there are people who are not nightblades vanishing from the fight with a vampire invisibility passive.

Yes fact that sorcs have the best mobility and control in the game tied to one ability is the exact reason why developer refuses to grant them burst heal comparable to other classes. They have "some sort survivability kit" just not the same as other classes. What You want is giving them survivability of ther classes with streak on top of it. You already have multiple playstyles on sorc.

Only mag Sorcs and certain Stam builds use streak. Most Stam sorcs use ball of lightning. Again the they can just run away is not a good argument. I get what your saying. It just doesn't make sense from a balanced standpoint. That'd be like refusing healthy offering to nb because tHeY cAn jUsT cLoAk aNd sHaDe aWaY. No offense man but I've been playing Sorc since 2015 you just joined the forums in 2023 not saying your opinion doesn't matter but I'd prefer to hear more experienced players thoughts on Sorc balancing. Not trying to be mean. It's just Sorcerer is in a bad spot and has been with its self healing kit. It just is what it is.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only mag Sorcs and certain Stam builds use streak. Most Stam sorcs use ball of lightning. Again the they can just run away is not a good argument. I get what your saying. It just doesn't make sense from a balanced standpoint. That'd be like refusing healthy offering to nb because tHeY cAn jUsT cLoAk aNd sHaDe aWaY. No offense man but I've been playing Sorc since 2015 you just joined the forums in 2023 not saying your opinion doesn't matter but I'd prefer to hear more experienced players thoughts on Sorc balancing. Not trying to be mean. It's just Sorcerer is in a bad spot and has been with its self healing kit. It just is what it is.

And these builds are dominating in PvP. For every one ball of lightning user You will find 10 streak users. Most stam sorcs currently is using streak.

It makes perfect sense from a balance standpoint to not grant sorc source of healing as effective as other classes have. Nightblade is actually getting nerf to cloaking after getting healthy offering. Fact when i've joined forum says nothing about my game experience. I've been playing sice beta and my main is sorc so based on Your logic my argument is stronger than Yours because I've been playing longer...

I perfectly remeber what sorc is capable of when his base defense is comparable to other classes. That doesn't mean sorc don't need buffs but due to having possibly the strongest non ultimate ability in the game and very unique playstyle sorc needs way more cautious balancing than other classes because sometimes even small changes, often not even sorc related make a massive difference on this class.
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

by that logic we should make dark deal into a 0.3 second cast time ability to match mist forms cast time compared to streak (tooltip doesn't show it, but streak has a built in 0.3 second cast time, it's why it has so many issues of the skill not firing or being delayed or desyncing the caster in PvP and lag).

Which to be fair, if they did it that way, I'd be happy with that, technically still allows for counter play, but is far harder to time the counter and will be far less punishing for the sorc that is simply trying to survive in PvP.

But considering they've added shields (that were already stronger with more utility and effects and helped allies than hardened ward) and gave them heals as well as shields that prevent being interrupted to the arcanist class, I think we can aim a little higher here for sorcerers.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

by that logic we should make dark deal into a 0.3 second cast time ability to match mist forms cast time compared to streak (tooltip doesn't show it, but streak has a built in 0.3 second cast time, it's why it has so many issues of the skill not firing or being delayed or desyncing the caster in PvP and lag).

Which to be fair, if they did it that way, I'd be happy with that, technically still allows for counter play, but is far harder to time the counter and will be far less punishing for the sorc that is simply trying to survive in PvP.

But considering they've added shields (that were already stronger with more utility and effects and helped allies than hardened ward) and gave them heals as well as shields that prevent being interrupted to the arcanist class, I think we can aim a little higher here for sorcerers.

No? There is no logical connection between these two. Streak does not have 0,3 sec of hidden cast time. It have built in animation time like every ability with instant cast. Ever started an animation of some meele instant cast ability on moving enemy and than suddenly it got interrupted by itself without doing any damage? That's basically the same thing. Ever had a situation when fighting in PvP and after firing an ability, in Your upper right corner You were getting constantly messages saying "target out of range", "could not use this ability", "item not ready yet" etc? That's basically the same thing. Instant cast abilities in general are not instant by the definition of doing what they meant to do instantly without any delay after clicking the button. This is why it's getting so hard to play in laggy enviroment. Sorc isn't the only class experiencing this, the difference is just on sorc it's more frustrating because it affects his core ability that servers multiple purposes so it's more noticable because it will fail in more different scenarios.

Balancing the game around fact that lag may occur doesn't sound like the greatest idea. As for dark deal being faster to cast it also doesn't sound like the greatest idea. This ability is basically a counter to streak spam fatigue making it faster to cast would just make already strong streaking even stronger and would also make sorc offensive window wider possibly too wide. Sorc is a class that when allowed can create extreme damage pressure on enemy and because of that devs are purposely keeping his offensive window shorter than for other classes. This is also why there is such a big difference between really good sorc players and average sorc players.

Arcanist shields is really not that great argument unless You want to have 4-5 sec chanell time ability in sorc kit. It can be done, after all dark deal was a 4 sec chanell long time ago. Maybe You want this back but now with a shield? Other arcanist shields are really not that groundbreaking PvP wise. I don't know why but every time any class gets something similar to what sorc has than sorc players start to loose their minds instantly calling it better and claiming that sorc will be dead. It was the same with mist form. Based on some comments before change to it went live it should by now be used by every player in PvP including sorcs. The same thing happened with arcanist teleport, people were claiming it will kill sorc before ability even hit PTS. Suprise, suprise both thing didn;t happen. Now I see the new reason to complain are arcanist shields which many arcanist players testing PvP arcanist on PTS are not even using.
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    @Galeriano Hmm. For a Sorc main that just started playing ESO April 2023(no evidence of playing beta) you sure seem to be against the idea that sorcerer is weak and needs a buff in the survivability department. PvP Streamers like Hoarcrux and Nes ESO, Eman the Chosen, etc disagree with you. Do you believe sorcerer is in a good spot or not? Would be your supposed change? If you have an idea how about you make your own post and I'll come check it out and give you a thumbs up if it sounds good.
    Options
  • TheTruestKing
    TheTruestKing
    ✭✭✭
    Dudes literally worried about Sorc being op when dks have invincibility with 100% penetration and nbs are hitting 15k incap with 30k spec bow lol. Pick your battles man.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Galeriano Hmm. For a Sorc main that just started playing ESO April 2023(no evidence of playing beta) you sure seem to be against the idea that sorcerer is weak and needs a buff in the survivability department. PvP Streamers like Hoarcrux and Nes ESO, Eman the Chosen, etc disagree with you. Do you believe sorcerer is in a good spot or not? Would be your supposed change? If you have an idea how about you make your own post and I'll come check it out and give you a thumbs up if it sounds good.

You do realise that in game account creation date is not connected to forum account creation date? All You can figure out from forum is when I created forum account not when I started playing the game so I don't know why You're implying I started to play in april 2023.

I am not against the idea of sorc getting some buffs just not the buffs some people are asking for like instant cast dark deal with even higher heal value. Sorc is in a pretty wierd spot atm and it varies what sorc and which type of PvP are we talking about. For example full proc stamsorc in BGs is really strong right now when played correctly and will be even stronger after mara's balm nerf. On the other hand classic max mag shield based sorc is underperforming when playing solo.

For me the best route wouldn't be just trying to add buffs to sorc but redesigning it by nerfing what's overperfoming which would open the space to buffing what's underperfoming. Blatant buffs won't solve the issue.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dudes literally worried about Sorc being op when dks have invincibility with 100% penetration and nbs are hitting 15k incap with 30k spec bow lol. Pick your battles man.

Oh yeah a classic argument of "let's blindly overbuff everything because something else is already strong".

Ever occured to You that the reason why You complaining about dk and nb is partially because of the fact the same ideology as You're using right now was used for them in the past?
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No? There is no logical connection between these two. Streak does not have 0,3 sec of hidden cast time. It have built in animation time like every ability with instant cast. Ever started an animation of some meele instant cast ability on moving enemy and than suddenly it got interrupted by itself without doing any damage? That's basically the same thing. Ever had a situation when fighting in PvP and after firing an ability, in Your upper right corner You were getting constantly messages saying "target out of range", "could not use this ability", "item not ready yet" etc? That's basically the same thing. Instant cast abilities in general are not instant by the definition of doing what they meant to do instantly without any delay after clicking the button. This is why it's getting so hard to play in laggy enviroment. Sorc isn't the only class experiencing this, the difference is just on sorc it's more frustrating because it affects his core ability that servers multiple purposes so it's more noticable because it will fail in more different scenarios.

Balancing the game around fact that lag may occur doesn't sound like the greatest idea. As for dark deal being faster to cast it also doesn't sound like the greatest idea. This ability is basically a counter to streak spam fatigue making it faster to cast would just make already strong streaking even stronger and would also make sorc offensive window wider possibly too wide. Sorc is a class that when allowed can create extreme damage pressure on enemy and because of that devs are purposely keeping his offensive window shorter than for other classes. This is also why there is such a big difference between really good sorc players and average sorc players.

Arcanist shields is really not that great argument unless You want to have 4-5 sec chanell time ability in sorc kit. It can be done, after all dark deal was a 4 sec chanell long time ago. Maybe You want this back but now with a shield? Other arcanist shields are really not that groundbreaking PvP wise. I don't know why but every time any class gets something similar to what sorc has than sorc players start to loose their minds instantly calling it better and claiming that sorc will be dead. It was the same with mist form. Based on some comments before change to it went live it should by now be used by every player in PvP including sorcs. The same thing happened with arcanist teleport, people were claiming it will kill sorc before ability even hit PTS. Suprise, suprise both thing didn;t happen. Now I see the new reason to complain are arcanist shields which many arcanist players testing PvP arcanist on PTS are not even using.

Even ignoring the built in animation cast time on streak, by your logic dark deal/conversion should have a 0.6s cast time at most since that's the cast time of mist form. Either way, the current 1 second cast time on dark deal/conversion is way too high considering everything in the game.

every class can slot their instant cast much higher tooltip burst heal and mist form and have a reliable heal on-top of a ball of lightning that when compared to a sorc that has instant cast streak + a heal that takes twice as long to cast as mist form while also being easily interruptible (see completely denied) and having half the heal value of other burst heals.

Nobody wants dark deal/conversion to heal for the same amount as coag or offering, but at least significantly reduce the cast time while keeping its current low heal amount so sorc has some semblance of reliable healing to account for the significantly increased mobility that other classes now have access to via the new mist form as well as all the access to expedition and movement speed buffs that are available to all classes now (which had a much bigger impact than people realise in closing the gap between magsorcs and other classes mobility).

Saying dark deal is sustain and the cast time is to prevent working around the ramping cost of streak would be an acceptable argument against changing dark deal/conversion if sustain in general wasn't so blatantly free and available now. Especially considering mist form has a cheaper cost than streak due to the vamp passives making its ramping cost much less punishing on sustain and this is combined with every other classes heal being significantly stronger than dark deal (meaning its cast much less frequently) and infinitely more reliable/flexible than matriarch.

As for shields, arcanist is the first class outside of sorcs to see shields be the main focus of their defense. Shields on their own are significantly weaker in the current meta than healing, especially accounting for block mitigation that has gotten significantly stronger and cheaper over the past few years. The reason arcanist shields (especially the latest changes) are so contentious is because zos has gone out of their way to fix the shield mechanics inherent weaknesses for the arcanist despite sorcerers practically begging for something half as good as what arcanist got for years now.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even ignoring the built in animation cast time on streak, by your logic dark deal/conversion should have a 0.6s cast time at most since that's the cast time of mist form. Either way, the current 1 second cast time on dark deal/conversion is way too high considering everything in the game.

every class can slot their instant cast much higher tooltip burst heal and mist form and have a reliable heal on-top of a ball of lightning that when compared to a sorc that has instant cast streak + a heal that takes twice as long to cast as mist form while also being easily interruptible (see completely denied) and having half the heal value of other burst heals.

Nobody wants dark deal/conversion to heal for the same amount as coag or offering, but at least significantly reduce the cast time while keeping its current low heal amount so sorc has some semblance of reliable healing to account for the significantly increased mobility that other classes now have access to via the new mist form as well as all the access to expedition and movement speed buffs that are available to all classes now (which had a much bigger impact than people realise in closing the gap between magsorcs and other classes mobility).

Saying dark deal is sustain and the cast time is to prevent working around the ramping cost of streak would be an acceptable argument against changing dark deal/conversion if sustain in general wasn't so blatantly free and available now. Especially considering mist form has a cheaper cost than streak due to the vamp passives making its ramping cost much less punishing on sustain and this is combined with every other classes heal being significantly stronger than dark deal (meaning its cast much less frequently) and infinitely more reliable/flexible than matriarch.

As for shields, arcanist is the first class outside of sorcs to see shields be the main focus of their defense. Shields on their own are significantly weaker in the current meta than healing, especially accounting for block mitigation that has gotten significantly stronger and cheaper over the past few years. The reason arcanist shields (especially the latest changes) are so contentious is because zos has gone out of their way to fix the shield mechanics inherent weaknesses for the arcanist despite sorcerers practically begging for something half as good as what arcanist got for years now.

Mist form does not have a cast time and I don't know how did You even come up with the idea to start balancing dark deal based on mist form. These are two completly different abilities. What's next? We will start balancing cloak around crystal frag? Saying "1 second cast time on dark deal/conversion is way too high considering everything in the game" really says nothing at all. By the same logic someone can say that considering everything in the game current iteration of streak is way too effective.

Dark deal is not just a heal. It's basically a countermeasure to streak ramping cost. This ability is a massive sustain boost so massive that some version of sorc like proc based stamsorc can completly ignore sustain departament in their gear and just go with 4x offensive proc sets with 3x infused wep dmg enchantments and still sustain just fine. If dark deal would have to become a reliable strong burst heal it would have to loose sustain component or have it drastically reduced. Dark conversion already have 10k tooltip which is close to what other classes are actually getting on their tooltips but it also restores high amounts of magicka back. How many classes actively and effectively utisilisg mist form for mobility have You actually seen? That ability is inferior to streak in every way and people almost never use it as chasing tool but more of an escaping tool and never to the extent that sorcs are using streak. Sorc was and still is the most mobile class in the game. Have You ever thougt that maybe ZoS has given so many mobility tools to other classes because of how strong sorc mobility is in the first place?

Sorc still have better and easier sustain than many other classes. And becuse of that he just needs one more strong thing to create broken setup. We have prove of it even right now with proc based stamsorc that have found an option to deal massive amounts of DoT pressure, something that sorc normally is lacking. In the past we had master destro which allowed sorc to have decent ranged spammable with a stun, rune cage change that allowed sorc to create decent burst combo with a stun, pirate skeleton monster set which allowed to give shields 30% dmg reduction from major protection ingoring minor defile drawback because health was secure under the shield etc. Literally every time when sorc gets something strong that covers one of his downsides it's possible to create completly broken setup. EVERY TIME. After mara's balm nerf proc based stamsorc will possibly be the best setup in BGs. Right now number of people playing this setup is raising with every day. Now imagine what would happen if they would get even stronger and more reliable healing.

Shields are really not main focus of arcanist defense in PvP. Group shield have weak value and health based shield, well ask templars how good that is. Sorc shielding is still stronger than arcanist shieldimg. It's literally same story as with mist. Every sorc was claiming it will be better than streak and we know now it isn't true. Same will happen with arcanist shields.
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mist form does not have a cast time and I don't know how did You even come up with the idea to start balancing dark deal based on mist form. These are two completly different abilities. What's next? We will start balancing cloak around crystal frag? Saying "1 second cast time on dark deal/conversion is way too high considering everything in the game" really says nothing at all. By the same logic someone can say that considering everything in the game current iteration of streak is way too effective.

Dark deal is not just a heal. It's basically a countermeasure to streak ramping cost. This ability is a massive sustain boost so massive that some version of sorc like proc based stamsorc can completly ignore sustain departament in their gear and just go with 4x offensive proc sets with 3x infused wep dmg enchantments and still sustain just fine. If dark deal would have to become a reliable strong burst heal it would have to loose sustain component or have it drastically reduced. Dark conversion already have 10k tooltip which is close to what other classes are actually getting on their tooltips but it also restores high amounts of magicka back. How many classes actively and effectively utisilisg mist form for mobility have You actually seen? That ability is inferior to streak in every way and people almost never use it as chasing tool but more of an escaping tool and never to the extent that sorcs are using streak. Sorc was and still is the most mobile class in the game. Have You ever thougt that maybe ZoS has given so many mobility tools to other classes because of how strong sorc mobility is in the first place?

Sorc still have better and easier sustain than many other classes. And becuse of that he just needs one more strong thing to create broken setup. We have prove of it even right now with proc based stamsorc that have found an option to deal massive amounts of DoT pressure, something that sorc normally is lacking. In the past we had master destro which allowed sorc to have decent ranged spammable with a stun, rune cage change that allowed sorc to create decent burst combo with a stun, pirate skeleton monster set which allowed to give shields 30% dmg reduction from major protection ingoring minor defile drawback because health was secure under the shield etc. Literally every time when sorc gets something strong that covers one of his downsides it's possible to create completly broken setup. EVERY TIME. After mara's balm nerf proc based stamsorc will possibly be the best setup in BGs. Right now number of people playing this setup is raising with every day. Now imagine what would happen if they would get even stronger and more reliable healing.

Shields are really not main focus of arcanist defense in PvP. Group shield have weak value and health based shield, well ask templars how good that is. Sorc shielding is still stronger than arcanist shieldimg. It's literally same story as with mist. Every sorc was claiming it will be better than streak and we know now it isn't true. Same will happen with arcanist shields.

I will be switching my main from sorc to arcanist for sure as it’s simply better period.

Arcanist is better than sorc
    Dk is better than sorc
    Warden is better than sorc

Nb is better than everything else in the game and in every aspect of pvp.

That’s literally what matters
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah a classic argument of "let's blindly overbuff everything because something else is already strong".

Ever occured to You that the reason why You complaining about dk and nb is partially because of the fact the same ideology as You're using right now was used for them in the past?

No this is the correct argument because some classes typically never see a nerf.

I can say with certainty that nb will never be nerfed and will always be better than everything else in the game
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realise that in game account creation date is not connected to forum account creation date? All You can figure out from forum is when I created forum account not when I started playing the game so I don't know why You're implying I started to play in april 2023.

I am not against the idea of sorc getting some buffs just not the buffs some people are asking for like instant cast dark deal with even higher heal value. Sorc is in a pretty wierd spot atm and it varies what sorc and which type of PvP are we talking about. For example full proc stamsorc in BGs is really strong right now when played correctly and will be even stronger after mara's balm nerf. On the other hand classic max mag shield based sorc is underperforming when playing solo.

For me the best route wouldn't be just trying to add buffs to sorc but redesigning it by nerfing what's overperfoming which would open the space to buffing what's underperfoming. Blatant buffs won't solve the issue.

Blatant buffs will solve the issue as it will bring sorc at par with other classes. That is called balance
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Could be good but a lot of people would cry "mag Sorc op" and with good reason. Damage shield + burst heal might be a little much. I'm trying to think from a dev perspective with as little bias as possible.

Considering the buffs to nb and dk over the years I honestly wouldn’t mind a 20k ward also having a hot going with it
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blatant buffs will solve the issue as it will bring sorc at par with other classes. That is called balance

They won't. Thing is that when magsorc ios mediocre stamsorc is really strong. Quite frankly in BGs in next patch stamsorc will be top dog. So when magsorc will recive buffs that maybe will end up making him on pair with others stamsorc will become so strong that there will be no point in even playing magsorc.
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong again. What matters is which class has more mobility and which class has more healing

Sorc neither has best mobility nor the best healing.
    Options