Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What happened to Special Collectibles???

sweightb14_ESO
I come back to the game to add to my housing, 24 at last count, and found that the special collectibles has been dropped from 10 to 5, the reason I know that for sure is I went to my other houses that have lots of wandering house guests and pets and other things and I look at what is there and I have 10/5 [snip]???? Who's wonderful idea was that? please fire that person ASAP we need more slots for those not less especially since we are getting more and more types of houses to buy and furnish .. get a freakin clue

[edited for avoiding curse filter]
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on May 9, 2023 8:28PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you let ESO+ expire?

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you discontinue eso plus?
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get double the slots when you are subscribed to ESO+. Chances are you placed down those extra special collectibles while you were subbed or during a free trial period.
    Still waiting for answers about class set aura behavior, and also hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • sweightb14_ESO
    I was sub'd for years when I added all them, I played the game since it was in Alpha so I been around a bit but I let it slide maybe a year ago but restarted just recently, did I miss a memo somewhere?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you resub ESO+ when you restarted? Housing numbers are double with ESO+, for the various categories.

If you didn't resub, you'd need to in order to have the "original" category numbers available. And if you're not subbed, and at or above the unsubbed furnishing limit, you can remove furnishings but not add more until you're below the unsubbed limit.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• sweightb14_ESO
    Ya'know I am not sure when I resub'd and thought ESO+ was the standard, I'll get a look and see I didn't know that there would be a different sub category (if there is one)
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's not a "you have to sub" game any more. I don't know when it changed, but quite a while back I think. It's an option now.

• ZOS_Kraken
    ZOS_Kraken
    admin
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • sweightb14_ESO
    @Tasheen Thank you for the assistance, it seems you were correct, somehow I was using my old information and didn't realize my expired information was still being used ... I am now back to 10/10 .. Sadly still not enough for all the new house guests and other items we can buy but can't place, so my original thought, for the most part is still valid .. 😛
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, yes. It's a problem. There used to be a sticky at the top of this (Housing) forum from a couple years back regarding why housing category limits aren't being raised. Not sure where it went now, nor do I remember much of what was posted.

In any case, at least you've got this glitch sorted!

• sweightb14_ESO
    Thanks it must have been longer than a year I let the game slide it seems. either way hopefully one day they will see the advantage of increasing the limits, since we do have to pay for them after all, and it doesn't affect game play itself so no reason to make limits as far as I can see ... But then again I am just a player
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭