The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you actually like dungeons?

• endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    DLC
    As of a few nights prior doing normal ones with my friendly guild I’d say yes.

As of tonight, trying my first non dlc vet dungeon in the finder I’d say no. I may never do them again after my experience.

They voted to kick someone out, i didn’t vote because we were almost done why take away the rewards just because someone is learning ?

Anyway when that person was gone the one random guy proceeds to mock my cp level and tell me I’m “terrible”

I just got off work a really really bad day at work I work 7 friggin days a week. And I figured I’d get a pledge done to get the last few transmutes I need to add a better trait to my stave and this happens.

From here in I can’t see myself being able
    To improve my gear or progress into higher content in fear of being mocked.

I’ve been a solo player since 2018. I just started in the last month doing group content and joining guilds. Prior I just did solo story and that’s it I didn’t even attempt world bosses. (Now I can solo most of them).

At this rate it has me really discouraged and makes me want to go back to turning my status offline and just playing the chapter stories, and never improving my gear.

This is the reason I avoided the multiplayer aspects of the game. Guild members are great but these random dungeon players are about as toxic as the way rest sewers I met them in.

Hey if youre on pcna and you just wanna run some dungeons without all the bs let me know 😀
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They are fine but need a story mode.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DLC

As of tonight, trying my first non dlc vet dungeon in the finder I’d say no. I may never do them again after my experience.

They voted to kick someone out, i didn’t vote because we were almost done why take away the rewards just because someone is learning ?

Anyway when that person was gone the one random guy proceeds to mock my cp level and tell me I’m “terrible”

I just got off work a really really bad day at work I work 7 friggin days a week. And I figured I’d get a pledge done to get the last few transmutes I need to add a better trait to my stave and this happens.

I’ve been a solo player since 2018. I just started in the last month doing group content and joining guilds. Prior I just did solo story and that’s it I didn’t even attempt world bosses. (Now I can solo most of them).

At this rate it has me really discouraged and makes me want to go back to turning my status offline and just playing the chapter stories, and never improving my gear.

This is the reason I avoided the multiplayer aspects of the game. Guild members are great but these random dungeon players are about as toxic as the way rest sewers I met them in.

I’m sorry to hear that happened. There are some really great people in the group finder but there can be toxic people too. Don’t let them get to you, anyone who cares about cp level and uses it as a gauge of skill is wrong. I’m not sure about the circumstances of the vote though, voting at the end like that can be done to punish people for being rude or faking a role by wasting their time or if dps/heal checks are being failed. But it shouldn’t be used just because someone’s new.
    My experience of going from overland to dungeons through the group finder included getting kicked and rude remarks and I quit dpsing. I came back as a healer and didn’t care about what people said about me, and that’s how I was able to get through the toxicity. I still see it sometimes now but I have the security of knowing I know what I’m doing so it doesn’t bother me anymore. I believe in you.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    DLC

Anyway when that person was gone

You did vote to kick the guy out. Letting the vote expire means you let those two others decide. So you voted "I agree with whatever those two say."

Of course everyone's experience is different and in the beginning I needed help even in base game dungeons on normal difficulty. But currently I can solo pretty much every dungeon on normal -- at least the ones I have given an honest try and don't have a mandatory group mechanic you can't bypass.

So for me, personally, in normal dungeons I will always vote no to kick. If one or two leave and I am left with the one they wanted to kick, so be it. Then we do it duo and I can give tips and tricks. I'm only in there because I can't get the transmutes if I enter solo. If there's an under level 45 player, excellent. It's because of that person we got a guaranteed base game dungeon, which means less than 10 minutes and I get the transmutes. The other players make it faster but are otherwise irrelevant.

If I go to a veteran DLC dungeon, that's a different thing. Then I do want people I can trust to be able to complete it. PO doesn't really work well in a group bigger than duo and I need it in vet if I don't have a group that can handle it. That's why I never queue to veteran dungeons, but go with my guild members instead.

tl;dr: always vote no in normal dungeons, never queue to veteran dungeons with randoms.
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I love dungeons, all of them. I especially like soloing them, so those mechs that make them impossible to solo, or make the secret bosses impossible too, make me sad:(
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dungeoneering is not a favorite pastime of mine, I find the task boring. I do, however, like the wall and fireplace decor I can earn in dungeons.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Honestly I find dungeons to be kind of "immersion-breaking"

The mighty Vestige, slayer of multiple Daedric Princes, Slayer of Dragons, Slayer of Vampire Lords, Werewolves and Lichs and everything in between cannot get past generic creature #9457 just because they are a dungeon boss.

Worse offenders on the DLC chart is none other then Graven Deep, it is a fun dungeon yes but the story is full of P.I.S, first the journal entry says your stranded on the island (Even though you can port away at anytime) and the main villain does not recognize a vampire when he sees one, his taunts throughout entire dungeon would suggest he thinks your a living mortal.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, indeed I do :smiley:

Some of the best sceneries, engaging mechanics and a lot of fun with friends. Most of them also provide interesting stories and if you take your time every now and then there is quite a bit of exploration.

I never pug tho, so I avoid all of the drama coming with them.
    Edited by Braffin on June 4, 2023 3:54AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Even with the confusing choices (a yes or no question with other types of choices) it is easy for me to answer yes. I enjoy running them with friends. When new dungeons are added we enjoy learning how to do them so we can clear them with ease.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DLC
    Amottica wrote: »
    Even with the confusing choices (a yes or no question with other types of choices) it is easy for me to answer yes. I enjoy running them with friends. When new dungeons are added we enjoy learning how to do them so we can clear them with ease.

Yeah sorry, I just wanted options for people who only like dlc or nondlc since the two groups can be very passionate about only liking one or the other and the dungeons are very different.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

How did the vote to kick succeed if you opposed it?

Edit: The answer above makes sense.

I've voted to kick a couple of times when somebody apparently went afk (Away From Keyboard) and we needed a replacement. Otherwise I don't recall every doing so.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 4, 2023 7:34AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find dungeons a lot of fun with voice chat. For years, I've done them that way only with my wife @DarcyMardin. That's the main thing I care about in the game at this point.

Note: Due to a very erratic sleep schedule, it's hard for me to contribute to a dungeoneering guild, and I haven't been in one since very early in the history of the game. How early? We needed to change up our builds because our healer had insufficient sustain for us to beat the first crocodiles in Wayrest Sewers 1. :D
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    DLC
    Honestly I find dungeons to be kind of "immersion-breaking"
    Well... yeah, kinda. I do questing/rp separately and don't often even bother with dungeon quests. Just get the quest, complete the objectives to get the skill point. Skip all the dialogue. Would be better if you could do that again at some point, with a more rp oriented group. When you run it with people who want to finish it, but you also want that skill point, you will not have time to listen to the story.
    Worse offenders on the DLC chart is none other then Graven Deep, it is a fun dungeon yes but the story is full of P.I.S, first the journal entry says your stranded on the island (Even though you can port away at anytime) and the main villain does not recognize a vampire when he sees one, his taunts throughout entire dungeon would suggest he thinks your a living mortal.

Since I consider the dungeons pretty much separate from the questing/overland activities, I don't mind those. I don't even notice it says you're stranded. But what is immersion breaking, the little dungeons have left, is the unbreathing dude has an attack "Soul Split" where your soul escapes you and you have to run after it. Even if you do the dungeon before completing the main quest.

...wait, what soul? Vestige had a soul all along?