The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Glass Eye of Mora .... This is a joke?

aza_sel
aza_sel
✭✭✭
The glass Eye of Mora is needes for Apocrypha furnishings.
is it really so, that you get it from deconstructing armor and weapons from the Scrivener's Hall dungeon?
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Scribes_of_Mora_Style

tell me this is a joke
please

I dont mind about the furnishing limit, when i dont get the mats for the furnishings ...
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting... Among all dungeons Scrivener's Hall is the most farmable for style materials due to chests and keys future. But it's an DLC dungeon thats makes me wonder why did they do this
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't the first time they've done this. Some of the Reach Witch furnishings need Fryse Willow, which only drops from the Icereach Dungeon. I'm actually kinda surprised that they've only done it once before, to be honest.

I can see why it could be annoying, but then again, I actually like the idea: There are a LOT of Style materials, and with Outfits, the only use you'd have for specific style materials is probably going to be for the purposes of Master writs. So there are about 100 style materials that are used for basically nothing, and using them for furnishing at least gives you a reason to go back after you get all the Set items you want.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they do this?
    maybe they want to sell the DLC.

Yes, there are 2 or 3 reach-furnishing plans which need fryse willow. but there are much more apocrypha furnishing plans which need the Glass Eye of Mora.
    And: this one plays usually solo because i dont want to waste time to find a group for dungeons. Its troublesome enough to farm furnishing mats. Why do they do such things?

Im just glad, that I didnt buy the necrom chapter already ....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aza_sel wrote: »
    Why do they do this?

Or ESO Plus. I think a lot of people, if not the majority of people, get access to the dungeon from ESO Plus. But... if I had to guess... revenue is only one aspect here. They also want people in the dungeons, and farming something is a good way to get that to happen.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AngieThekla
    Wenn dem so ist, dann ist es um diese Entwicklung sehr schade. Das Housing im Allgemeinen ist ein Bestandteil des Solocontents. Warum wird man für dieses in einen Gruppencontent gezwungen und dazu in einem eines kostenpflichtigen? Das ist eine Entwicklung, die ich mit Erschrecken festellen muss. ESO wird groß beworben, dass es sich um ein Spiel handelt, welches für Solospieler als auch für Gruppenspieler geeignet ist; das Spiel würde einem die Freiheit lassen, zu spielen, wie man möchte und seinen Charakter auf verschiedenen Wegen entwickeln zu können. Diese Entwicklung im Spiel, sowie so manche andere Dinge auch, zeugen nun davon, dass das Solospiel immer mehr eingeengt wird und man dazu noch in kostenpflichtige Spielbestandteile "gezwungen" wird, läßt mich Böses erahnen :'( Das Herranschaffen der fürs Housing notwenigen Teile ist schon an vielen Stellen schwierig und zeitaufwenig genug
    Ich weiß, dass ich nichts weiß, aber nicht mal da bin ich mir sicher
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Makes sense though with how they try to put style materials into furnishings. However, if you think about it, supply should be high. The dungeon is farmed for runecarver or whatever, as well as the scamp finder tool, it will likely be a highly sought after motif so lots of HM runs…
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maybe it'll drop from Apocrypha monsters too? i dont know i havent been on pts
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that is the case, then it is a great pity about this development. The housing in general is part of the solo content. Why are you forced into a group content for this and a paid one? This is a development that I am shocked to see. ESO is widely advertised as a game suitable for solo players as well as group players; the game would give you the freedom to play how you want and develop your character in a variety of ways. This development in the game, as well as many other things, now shows that the solo game is becoming more and more restricted and that you are "forced" into paid game components, makes me suspect bad things :cry: Getting hold of the parts necessary for housing is already difficult and time-consuming enough in many places

Is the Glass Eye of Mora bound? If it is not, then anyone can get it from someone who has farmed it and wants to sell it or give it away. In that case, it is not like they are denying the material to solo players.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you only need like 1 style material for the furniture it's fine. Not the atrocious Fargrave crime.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    most furniture plans are epic, so you need 2 Glass eyes for 1 item. from deconstruction you get about 30% style mats. so: if you want 15 pieces of furniture, you need 30 Glass Eyes. I mean: you need 100 set Items for deconstruction.

and: Zenimay says: ESO is a game for everyone, for every way you want to play. its good for groups, its good for solo player.

housing is extremely time consuming. and also the gold doesnt grow by itself.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Why do they do this?

Or ESO Plus. I think a lot of people, if not the majority of people, get access to the dungeon from ESO Plus. But... if I had to guess... revenue is only one aspect here. They also want people in the dungeons, and farming something is a good way to get that to happen.

if you want to do housing, you need eso plus, without it its nearly impossible :'(
  • imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭
    What I do for these (all but the Fargrave atrocity mentioned before xD) is save up my Crown Mimic Stones that we get from the Daily Login system for... furnishings.

Equipment crafted with them can deconstruct into the actual style material - its not 1:1 though, seems to be about a 70% rate (1:2.5-3). YMMV though, since RNG is RNG.

So - getting one motif page is enough to start someone on their way towards not farming ridiculous amounts of Summerset dailies just to be able to craft some Alinor style furnishings - or Apocrypha. Or Leyawiin themed items, and so on. Its just not worth it for Ra Gada's Ancient Sandstones for the aforementioned Fargrave items, since those are pretty easy to farm in other ways (all types of chests in Craglorn). You can, of course, also just deconstruct dropped items with the style, but some of these are painful to get enough of even when they're not dungeon-restricted.

You only need the item crafted to be Normal quality, and material tier doesn't seem to matter if you have the deconstruction CP trait slotted. Just be sure that the material itself actually drops, since they're not always enabled as soon as armor in X Style starts dropping.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most furniture plans are epic, so you need 2 Glass eyes for 1 item. from deconstruction you get about 30% style mats. so: if you want 15 pieces of furniture, you need 30 Glass Eyes. I mean: you need 100 set Items for deconstruction.

and: Zenimay says: ESO is a game for everyone, for every way you want to play. its good for groups, its good for solo player.

housing is extremely time consuming. and also the gold doesnt grow by itself.

Yes it's this I simply cannot fathom. Solo players do not want to play group content. Many do, however, do housing, which is almost exclusively a solo activity. Trying to force people who don't want to play it to do group stuff to fuel a solo activity is not going to make them do it. It's just going to really, really irritate them.

It's not as if the fact ESO has pure solo players is a secret. The game was and is marketed to them and without them it would probably have half the player base.

Nor is it a sensible way of monetising the game by pushing solo players to the Crown Store. Because "you can play it any way you like but if you play this way you have to pay for stuff" is not a winning slogan.
    Edited by Northwold on April 25, 2023 10:32AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    Solo players do not want to play group content. Many do, however, do housing, which is almost exclusively a solo activity. Trying to force people who don't want to play it to do group stuff to fuel a solo activity is not going to make them do it.

And they also continue the annoying trend of hiding structural furnishings behind group content achievements... First the glass windows, now the dunmer archway.

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Solo players do not want to play group content. Many do, however, do housing, which is almost exclusively a solo activity. Trying to force people who don't want to play it to do group stuff to fuel a solo activity is not going to make them do it.

And they also continue the annoying trend of hiding structural furnishings behind group content achievements... First the glass windows, now the dunmer archway.

Dunmer archway?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up, they put a lot of furniture plans in the “Bastion Nymic” world event (which is a misnomer as it really is a four person dungeon).

On an unrelated note they also put ToT stuff in there as well.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    imrilaoi wrote: »
    What I do for these (all but the Fargrave atrocity mentioned before xD) is save up my Crown Mimic Stones that we get from the Daily Login system for... furnishings.

Equipment crafted with them can deconstruct into the actual style material - its not 1:1 though, seems to be about a 70% rate (1:2.5-3). YMMV though, since RNG is RNG.

So - getting one motif page is enough to start someone on their way towards not farming ridiculous amounts of Summerset dailies just to be able to craft some Alinor style furnishings - or Apocrypha. Or Leyawiin themed items, and so on. Its just not worth it for Ra Gada's Ancient Sandstones for the aforementioned Fargrave items, since those are pretty easy to farm in other ways (all types of chests in Craglorn). You can, of course, also just deconstruct dropped items with the style, but some of these are painful to get enough of even when they're not dungeon-restricted.

You only need the item crafted to be Normal quality, and material tier doesn't seem to matter if you have the deconstruction CP trait slotted. Just be sure that the material itself actually drops, since they're not always enabled as soon as armor in X Style starts dropping.

of cause, I do the same, but its annoying :D
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Dunmer archway?

if you do Bal Sunnar (1time is enough) you can buy a Dummner Archway from the undaunted quarter master
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Dunmer archway?

if you do Bal Sunnar (1time is enough) you can buy a Dummner Archway from the undaunted quarter master

Ah ok. TY.

I thought there was some sort of “combine 20 things from a particular place” (like the vault door from Blackwood) that I did not know about.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s also annoying here is that the style materials only start dropping after a while and never when the DLC is first launched. I get that that’s a strategy to get people to go back to content they’ve already completed… but still.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    What’s also annoying here is that the style materials only start dropping after a while and never when the DLC is first launched. I get that that’s a strategy to get people to go back to content they’ve already completed… but still.

and the problem is to find enough people to do content, they ve already completed .... :s
    for example: wold boss dailies in blackwood to get some ivory brigade clasps or harrowstorms.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really frustrating when there are so many limiting factors to making furnishings: not only the rare recipes, but the grindy mats like mundane rune and heartwood, and the super grindy style stones. I think dwemer frames are some of the worst because the items require so many to make... at least these ones will require only two, which is not that bad in comparison. I hope there is a second source for these to drop besides the dungeon though.
  • aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    It's really frustrating when there are so many limiting factors to making furnishings: not only the rare recipes, but the grindy mats like mundane rune and heartwood, and the super grindy style stones. I think dwemer frames are some of the worst because the items require so many to make... at least these ones will require only two, which is not that bad in comparison. I hope there is a second source for these to drop besides the dungeon though.

yes, since 2 years the style mats drop in worldboss dailie reward chests. after 6 months you dont find enough player for these quests. and you cant do most bosses alone. why is it not possible to add them to delve dailies?
    also the usual furnishing mats. why is it impossible to add, example heartwood to the woodworking surveys.

zeni says: eso is a game for everyone and every way to play.
    housing ist solo content, boring, troblesome, you need time and money.
    why am I forced to do group content?
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    It is a company that needs to make money to sustain the service you use. AKA - playing the game.
    If they didn't put somethings behind DLC they wouldn't make any money and there for the game wouldn't be around.
    Buck up and buy the DLC or wait to find it on markets.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a company that needs to make money to sustain the service you use. AKA - playing the game.
    If they didn't put somethings behind DLC they wouldn't make any money and there for the game wouldn't be around.

Special furnishing style mats have always been a part of dlcs, it’s just the means to access them has gotten more and more restricted over time. I don’t think anyone would argue that Apocrypha mats should be base game to avoid purchasing Necrom.

This one source from one dungeon is going to be problematic. Just like Fryse Willow from Markarth, the supply will be low but there were only 3 furnishing plans that needed that mat. I was also unable to buy that mat from guild traders and had to wait until the next Anniversary event to get some in the reward boxes. The demand for the Apocrypha mats will be much greater, and the source will not.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• aza_sel
    aza_sel
    ✭✭✭

I bought all chapters and pay eso plus :grin:
    without eso plus housing is nearly impossible
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Special furnishing style mats have always been a part of dlcs, it’s just the means to access them has gotten more and more restricted over time. I don’t think anyone would argue that Apocrypha mats should be base game to avoid purchasing Necrom.

This one source from one dungeon is going to be problematic. Just like Fryse Willow from Markarth, the supply will be low but there were only 3 furnishing plans that needed that mat. I was also unable to buy that mat from guild traders and had to wait until the next Anniversary event to get some in the reward boxes. The demand for the Apocrypha mats will be much greater, and the source will not.

It's okay if certain style materials drop from opponents in specific dungeons, but what annoys me about it is that housing-specific things (furnishing plans, leads for furnishing or achievements that allow you to buy structural furnishing) keep being tied to group content. As others have said, people who really do housing intensively tend to be those who enjoy solo content and don't want to be forced into group content.
    And some things are not a positive "challenge" either, but just annoying. Take the Shipbuilders Woodworking Station, for example. Wayrest Sewers II is in my opinion nothing what you do quickly solo (thinking about Garron Returned in particular). It was already so annoying to run 30 times Wayrest Sewers I to get the lead for the Druid Music box... So I even didnt started with trying to get the lead from Wayrest II. Well...

• endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrivenners hall mechanics sap my enthusiasm for that place so i ended up going out and buying 11 glass eye of mara for 2mil 😆
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but when a company charges you the best part of 70 pounds for an electronic house, it's strangely difficult to be sympathetic.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's okay if certain style materials drop from opponents in specific dungeons, but what annoys me about it is that housing-specific things (furnishing plans, leads for furnishing or achievements that allow you to buy structural furnishing) keep being tied to group content. As others have said, people who really do housing intensively tend to be those who enjoy solo content and don't want to be forced into group content.
    And some things are not a positive "challenge" either, but just annoying. Take the Shipbuilders Woodworking Station, for example. Wayrest Sewers II is in my opinion nothing what you do quickly solo (thinking about Garron Returned in particular). It was already so annoying to run 30 times Wayrest Sewers I to get the lead for the Druid Music box... So I even didnt started with trying to get the lead from Wayrest II. Well...

I’m not a big group player either, but it’s quick and easy enough to queue up for Wayrest Sewers. Scrivener’s Hall is a completely different thing. I’d love to be able to do it with friends, I just can’t count on someone being available when it is convenient for me.

Thanks to constant calls for harder difficulty, normal dlc dungeons are now beyond the reach of most casual players, so obtaining these new style mats are going to be virtually impossible for most.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA