Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Bug - Patrons Locked Up

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was playing a game were using Delmene was bugged by not being able to be used. Cards were in my played cards pile which served as valid targets. After purchasing a card from the tavern, then the patrons became unlocked and I was able to use Delmene.

After mentioning this issue to my opponent, they replied that they also had a bug with the patrons. So something has recently changed with TOT. Another undocumented change...
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been noticing it, mostly in all ranked matches since the last patch (i think).

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if they changed the way patrons work. It's hard to figure out because sometimes we can use the patrons like before but many times we need to use one card (any card) to activate the patrons. Now, usually the patrons remain locked until a card is player, and sometimes the patrons get locked after playing one card and then we need to play another card to unlock the patrons. It's super weird.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    I've been noticing it, mostly in all ranked matches since the last patch (i think).

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if they changed the way patrons work. It's hard to figure out because sometimes we can use the patrons like before but many times we need to use one card (any card) to activate the patrons. Now, usually the patrons remain locked until a card is player, and sometimes the patrons get locked after playing one card and then we need to play another card to unlock the patrons. It's super weird.

I documented some of those changes below.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/629938/lets-see-if-the-designers-are-paying-attention#latest

Now that you mention it, it's possible that this bug that I experienced is related to the changes, but I also haven't experienced that particular bug before. Though the match I was having was quite unique, so maybe I wouldn't have so many chances for the bug to possibly happen and be noticed.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also been having the issue where sometimes a patron shows as unable to be used even though it can be
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I have also been having the issue where sometimes a patron shows as unable to be used even though it can be

You mean that it works even when shows as unable? Now I feel dumb. I think I never tried it while not glowing. :smiley:

Next time I'll test it.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this bug once too with Rhajin. I had three gold, in principle could interact with Hlaalu but could not turn Rhajin. It was in a casual game. I lost on patron victory which makes this bug even more painful.
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    Was just coming to the forum to post about a bug like this. I've encountered it before, but only involving Bewilderments and I think I've documented enough times where it's happened to point to a correlation or even the cause as I've experienced it.

In my experiences, the patrons have been locked out of activation until a game action is taken after drawing a Bewilderment and no other cards are in hand. I'll be getting with some friends/guildies to test things out and see if I can recreate it, but it's happened enough that I think that's the cause (at least, in once instance).
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just coming to the forum to post about a bug like this. I've encountered it before, but only involving Bewilderments and I think I've documented enough times where it's happened to point to a correlation or even the cause as I've experienced it.

In my experiences, the patrons have been locked out of activation until a game action is taken after drawing a Bewilderment and no other cards are in hand. I'll be getting with some friends/guildies to test things out and see if I can recreate it, but it's happened enough that I think that's the cause (at least, in once instance).

Interesting. I never related it with the Bewilderment but I always play with Rajhin and I'm getting locked patrons in most matches. At least in the last match that I got the patrons locked I still remember that we were both spamming Bewilderments. I'll be watching it from now on.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game where the Delmene issue happened to me was a game with Rajhiin and bewilderments. I can't remember if I had a bewilderment that turn, I think I did. I definitely had a card that wasn't a coin/writ of coing since I was activiating Delmene.
    Don't tank

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I already confirmed that at my end when the patron isn't glowing it doesn't matter how much you click that it doesn't work, even when you should have the right to use it. I've been losing tons of matches this way.

We really need some explanation about this. We need to know if it is a bug or some hidden tactic to lock the patrons, because it often happens in critical moments.