The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Endless Dungeon Rewards/Loot

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FBS94 wrote: »
    Do you know the Summit and Countdown activities that have targeted loot from Division 2?

This endless dungeon should have that same loot/reward system as well.

I think in march they are adding the Descent game mode which is the same thing but going underground. :o
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding something similar to Treasure Goblins in the endless dungeon but more eso freindly would be really fun, if your Lucky to find one, kill it and get alot of loot.
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    pre nerfed items.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's designed to be solo I'll do it. If it requires a duo count me out.

Not sure how they will handle loot. In Path of Exile they have a sort of endless dungeon in the delve, where loot gets better the deeper you go. But loot in that game isn't limited to certain regions or bosses so highly randomized loot that gets better as you go deeper works. In ESO it might have to be endless dungeon specific loot and that might end up like Imperial City loot where some of it is useful for certain builds but most of it can be ignored.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it so its the best way to acquire transmute stones. Draw the transmute farmers out of other content where they are complained about and put them where they will be happy and have aligned interests with the content.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Transmute crystals, housing and jewelry mats would be on my wish list.
  • sh4d0wh4z3
    sh4d0wh4z3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully something meaningful. I don't want another piece of content that's just there for set farming or achievements.

Transmute stones would be good. A healthy amount too. 1 would be too little like with pledges. It can probably start off as 1 per floor, and then the deeper you go, you can start getting more per floor so you have more of an incentive to keep going instead of resetting after 1 floor.

Multiple skins, mounts, outfit styles, one piece outfits, polymorphs, furnishings. They could be dropped based on the number of floors done or a drop chance from bosses. Could even have a gold/material sink with it to increase chances of getting rare drops if the rewards are tied to it, though that would only be effective on PC because of the high inflation. If not, it can take a page from Runescape's Xeric dungeon where the higher your score is, the more likely you are to receive a rare drop. As long as there's a real incentive to keep grinding it, I would be happy with it. The game is currently not very rewarding outside of personal achievements which mean nothing to others. Most everything that is cool/coveted can just be bought with real money.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope for transmutes more than anything
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tel var merchant is a great example. I'd love to see things like alchemy materials and unique polymorphs (that can be traded so there is incentive to earn multiple).

Materials like chromium and dreugh wax would also be appreciated, and help fund the inevitable cost of chugging expensive potions in an endless dungeon. Maybe even allow earning alliance potions directly from the activity, or better yet a way to earn heroism potions or materials to craft them. Nothing bound please.

I don't think directly earning gold or plunder is a good reward, that just leads to more inflation. I'm also not interested in junk consumables or anything that clutters up inventory space. Housing items could be interesting if they are fairly rare and can be traded, but I don't want to pick up 16 green quality chairs or spoons or something.

It's not a good idea to gate gear behind making it far into the endless dungeon. I do hope the sets will be good though, and relatively easy for most players to obtain.

Transmutes are always appreciated as a reward.
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furnishing plans, motifs, and transmutes would be nice.

But I'm mostly hoping it will be fun and interesting enough to play no matter what the rewards are!
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    An actual combat pet that fights with you not just follow you around.

An actual mythic gauntlet to wear on one hand that can be used as a weapon and have a unique attack.

An actual skin that moves over your body like it’s a living organism.

An actual dye that glows in the dark.

An actual mount that hovers over the surface terrain.

Just a few of my ideas for rewards @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Icy

• festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    How about... and follow me on this now...

3 brand new sets of gear. 1 heavy armor, 1 medium, and 1 light. Two of them should probably be oddly and indescribably bad while one of them should be SO good that everyone has to have it.

And while we're at it let's hide some new mythic leads somewhere inside. Not towards the beginning or anything... but instead like an hour in. And give it a super low drop rate.

Sounds like a new and novel approach to me
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will do something fresh and bold about those rewards. I think ESO needs that kind of approach.

3 new sets? Please no. At this point ZOS should already realise, that most players don't consider sets as rewards. More like work? It's not a diablo like system, when every piece of gear can always have some better stats, so droping gear gives you exitement. In eso is "meh" in 99% cases. I really don't get it why they keep adding those. It cost them work, and almost none of those sets are beeing used. So what is the point? :smile:
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly not sure what they can do with it loot wise not being an arpg with a decent loot system and being infinite. Best one can hope are leaderboards and some new hip currency to spend on something new, or to get t-stones that way. Probably what Wrath have already said would be a happy medium for most players without any inventions.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully transmute stones will be part of it, the more variety of ways to get these the better.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festegios wrote: »

3 brand new sets of gear. 1 heavy armor, 1 medium, and 1 light. Two of them should probably be oddly and indescribably bad while one of them should be SO good that everyone has to have it.

And while we're at it let's hide some new mythic leads somewhere inside. Not towards the beginning or anything... but instead like an hour in. And give it a super low drop rate.

Sounds like a new and novel approach to me

Lol I forgot I said this. Sweet.

In seriousness though... Crafting materials and transmutes would be cool. Furnishing plans. I basically agree with what everyone has said. It'd be cool if it was just a place to grind stuff that you can't really get anywhere else. Polymorphs and tattoos and stuff.

I think they will have to do something else other than the generic gear sets thing because isn't it still true that weapons and jewelry only drop from the last boss in a dungeon? Well, this one won't have a last boss. So it'll definitely be different somehow.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Right. Completing it (get to a certain point) once per day grants you... I dunno... 101k exp and a coffer that gives you 10 transmute crystals and a bunch of extra junk. And then there's a new title for doing hard mode and getting a certain distance in with no deaths under a certain amount of time, and then four achievements that unlock a fifth achievement that unlocks a new dye. It might even have an emote (god forbid they're THAT good to us).

Obviously players want more ways to earn real, good cosmetics. Have real reasons to play the game more often. But it's unlikely that they'll give more cosmetics to players anytime soon outside of the cash shop and loot boxes. Maybe once countries like the United States start cracking down on loot boxes, but probably no sooner.
    Edited by merpins on March 23, 2023 1:23AM
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry, motifs or golden upgrade material would be awesome.

Or as another user said, mounts, skins...
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like an option for tanks and healers do dungeon not just 2 dps
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly not sure what they can do with it loot wise not being an arpg with a decent loot system and being infinite. Best one can hope are leaderboards and some new hip currency to spend on something new, or to get t-stones that way. Probably what Wrath have already said would be a happy medium for most players without any inventions.

Yeah i agree if the Endless dungeon have some kind of currency would be a good thing no matter what people say.
    Look at Gold, telwar, AP, writ vouchers etc etc many players do content that rewards you with a currency.

Adding 3 sets and a collect 10 and get this Kinda thing people will get tired of that in a few weeks.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

After 2 months?

You eso forum devs really need to stop moving threads just because.

There are several threads about the new endless dungeon move them also?
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked one of Skinny Cheeks youtube video about the Endless dungeon.

Apperntly its confirmed that you are able to play Solo, Solo with companion or 2 players in the dungeon.

Thats great News!

• XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    A leaderboard.

If gear sets then maybe a perfected version on vet once you get past a certain number of rounds.
    I like the idea of a currency we can use to buy special things, but do we really need another one?

Yep a leaderboard would be great.

I think they should have new gear sets drop in the dungeon but not only that, it would get boring in a few days and no reason to Come back unless you go for leaderboard.

Do we need a new currency? No. But it would be a reason to Come back to the dungeon to earn currency and visit the Vendor where you can buy stuff with it.

What should the Vendor have for sale? I can come up with at least 20 things o:)

I seems to got what I want in EA lol
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    And i hope you can go in with your companion Buddy, im not gonna search for an irl person if i decide to run it

On the PTS forum I saw a discussion pointing direct to problems if you use a compagnion in EA. I can´t find it now - I can tell you it wasn´t anywhere near positive.

It´s a Tank and DD run arena, or duo dd. If you are a healer main, it doesn´t look good eighter.

I where thinking about take my compagnion with me on a healer. It´s just a waste of time.

Anyway. Go to PTS forum and have a look for yourself.

Good luck
    Edited by svendf on October 7, 2023 3:40PM
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked one of Skinny Cheeks youtube video about the Endless dungeon.

Apperntly its confirmed that you are able to play Solo, Solo with companion or 2 players in the dungeon.

Thats great News!

I saw the full ZoS stream. They ran with a Tank and DD setup. Now. I wonder, why they didn´t spawn a compagnion and had a go at it :smiley: