The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Endless Dungeon Rewards/Loot

XSTRONG
XSTRONG
✭✭✭✭✭
What Rewards/Loot do you want in the new Endless Dungeon?

Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 25, 2023 5:54PM
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im thinking a point system where you earn points when you progress, more points means better rewards
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will most certainly be chests of gear and the usual fodder, Probably long term collectibles like the stuff assembled from the public dungeons.
    I'm hoping for mounts pets skins furnishings Style pages.

Something unique like books that give a bunch of XP (maybe even skill line based XP like book shelves) when consumed, since it's probably related to mora and knowledge and such.

Mat/alchemy satchels would be welcome too.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    There will most certainly be chests of gear and the usual fodder, Probably long term collectibles like the stuff assembled from the public dungeons.
    I'm hoping for mounts pets skins furnishings Style pages.

Something unique like books that give a bunch of XP (maybe even skill line based XP like book shelves) when consumed, since it's probably related to mora and knowledge and such.

Mat/alchemy satchels would be welcome too.

Yes mat/alchemy satchels would be Nice.

If they want this to be as good as when they realesed antiques system they also need to add new stuff every now and then.

A system where you earn points like a Currency with a max cap to avoid hoarding. Earn X points and buy/get this.
    Edited by XSTRONG on January 27, 2023 6:39PM
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual, there will be a lot of utter trash to fill your inventory in no time at all. :(
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    Im thinking a point system where you earn points when you progress, more points means better rewards
    Points as currency to buy from a rewards store would be neat. Buy upgrade mats, transmute, some cosmetics…
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need leaderboard and make sure it's not bugged like Battlegrounds has been for the past 7 months.
    PC NA
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And i hope you can go in with your companion Buddy, im not gonna search for an irl person if i decide to run it
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing materials and hidden housing items at certain checkpoints
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jewelry materials to lower the insane cost in game
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best in slot title for solo/duo PVE challenge.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about... and follow me on this now...

3 brand new sets of gear. 1 heavy armor, 1 medium, and 1 light. Two of them should probably be oddly and indescribably bad while one of them should be SO good that everyone has to have it.

And while we're at it let's hide some new mythic leads somewhere inside. Not towards the beginning or anything... but instead like an hour in. And give it a super low drop rate.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essentially a PvE version of tel var that you then trade at a merchant for items.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this should not drop any set items. What's the point in grinding sets? Completing the hardest content. So why would there be a set you can only get from the hardest content?

The rewards should obviously scale with how far you got into the dungeon. If it works in waves then you could get repair kits and gold in the first 10 waves. Alchemy mats and style materials to the motif style unique to this activity for the next 10 waves. Then you can get a style page to the activity's unique motif, then you get a pet, then you get a unique mount, then you get the complete motif, then a polymorph runebox and after that your reward is determined by your placement on the leaderboard, giving you a special colour variant with added VFX of the unique mount or a special colour variant of the polymorph.

Oh and none of the unique rewards will be put on the crownstore or in crown crates and there will be no recolours of these mounts/polymorphs either unless they are only obtainable through even later stages of this activity. Essentially something like the Indrik, only more exclusive and not an Indrik.

I think that would be a good start. Alternatively, seals of endeavor with no cap. I wouldn't mind getting an infinite amount of those for participating in actually challenging content.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't getting powerful gear the further you progress exacerbate the skill gap problem? Unless you get good gear at the beginning, which would not make sense either.

I vote for motifs, furnishing plans, and unique furnishings.
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, getting gear from this dungeon is what makes the skillgap worse. The rewards should be achievements and titles/skins/costumes. Think: Emperor (minus the skill line).
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Endless dungeon will drop Legendary companion gear. They did give us that free Legendary Quickened ring, making it seem like we would see more Legendary items in the future. If the Endless dungeon is intended to be run with our companions, it would make sense to find them there.

I guess that's what I'd like to see. More BiS companion gear drops, in general. That stuff is way too expensive. And, housing items, of course. Why not toss those highly requested planters as drops as well, so we can finally grow resources in our homes.

I mean, at that point, I'm all in. I''ll move from completely disinterested to the Endless Dungeon's number 1 fan. :p
    Edited by Cireous on January 28, 2023 5:32AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing materials and hidden housing items at certain checkpoints

I think activities and rewards should be related somehow. I don't mind some special furniture related to whatever this endless dungeon is designed as (Apocrypha maybe?), but no basic, unrelated things. PvPers complain about having to do PvE to get good gear all the time, same goes for people who dislike searching for antiquities but have to do that to get mythic items. And I agree. Being "forced" to run this endless dungeon just to get some unrelated furnishing plans and materials would be the same kind of bad idea.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im also really curious what they mean with Endless Dungeon, how do you make a dungeon endless?

Even if its like an Arena that gets harder and harder for every stage you complete there will be a stage that no one can clear and that would be the end of the dungeon.

Or is it just like a circle, you run the dungeon and ends up where you started and dungeon have respawned everything.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they put a type of mount/pet that I collect for my guar reserves in as a reward, offer me a whole lot of seals endeavor or a whole lotta transmutes then I don't see myself doing it.

Unless of course there's a set in there that I really like and is thematically appropriate for one of my characters. But even then I'd only be doing long enough to unlock the stickers and then never touch it again.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    I wonder if the Endless dungeon will drop Legendary companion gear. They did give us that free Legendary Quickened ring, making it seem like we would see more Legendary items in the future. If the Endless dungeon is intended to be run with our companions, it would make sense to find them there.

I guess that's what I'd like to see. More BiS companion gear drops, in general. That stuff is way too expensive. And, housing items, of course. Why not toss those highly requested planters as drops as well, so we can finally grow resources in our homes.

I mean, at that point, I'm all in. I''ll move from completely disinterested to the Endless Dungeon's number 1 fan. :p

I can see them intending the dungeon to be run with companions, but the difference between purple and gold companion gear is quite marginal, so it would seem pointless to grind this new dungeon just for companions' sake. Hopefully this place will be a decent transmute stone alternative to pvp. I don't mind doing pvp for stones but it's nice to have options in the downtime. none of current pve sources of transmutes are particularly attracting.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    As some have mentioned, get some fake currency that can then be used to buy what we want. If all that drops are things someone doesn't care for, then they wont have any reason to run it after the first time or two.

For me, furnishings. If i can get through it in my current gear, then i don't need gear, i have plenty of options for visuals, can only ride 1 mount and have 1 pet out, my house limit is reached for others, so don't care for those.

Add a +5 Housing slot upgrade token I can farm to heck out of.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the rewards are diverse, and even on the easier beginning stages of the dungeon you have a lower chance to get good items, that way even lesser skilled players have incentive to run it.

Motifs, gold, costumes, riding lessons, emotes, hats, body markings, even mounts. Oh and furnishings for the home lovers. Gold materials as well.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Large amounts of kill XP to give us a place to level companions quickly.

Transmute stones.

Furniture mats/style mats

Treasure themed furniture, as in piles of gold, gold bars, ornate suits of armour/weapons on pedestals, gems/crystals etc... That can be sold on guild traders but no furniture plans for them to maintain the value of the items.

Gold drops from all enemies or at least all elite enemies equivalent to what you get from Imperial NPC's.

Lore books for levelling Mages guild scattered about as you move through the dungeon. With varied enemy types so you can level your Fighters guild as well just by fighting through the dungeon.

Undaunted points for killing elite enemies and bosses. Possibly a new Undaunted daily for it as well.

Basically I want it to be a place that gives you reasons to keep going there even if you have all the sets collected or all the achievements or all the cosmetics etc... if the place stops giving you a reason to go after having all that, it defeats the purpose of an endless game mode in my opinion.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully nothing too good. It's a content type I hate but if the rewards are something I want I'll force myself to do it much as I did Torghast in WoW.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game has nothing even close to shadowlands legendaries. There won’t be an incentive to run this the way there was for torghast.

I like the idea of transmute stones. I’m always out of those from transmuting rings, necks, and weapons to try new sets.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A leaderboard.

If gear sets then maybe a perfected version on vet once you get past a certain number of rounds.
    I like the idea of a currency we can use to buy special things, but do we really need another one?
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A leaderboard.

If gear sets then maybe a perfected version on vet once you get past a certain number of rounds.
    I like the idea of a currency we can use to buy special things, but do we really need another one?

Yep a leaderboard would be great.

I think they should have new gear sets drop in the dungeon but not only that, it would get boring in a few days and no reason to Come back unless you go for leaderboard.

Do we need a new currency? No. But it would be a reason to Come back to the dungeon to earn currency and visit the Vendor where you can buy stuff with it.

What should the Vendor have for sale? I can come up with at least 20 things o:)

• Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope the loot/rewards will be good, that's all I hope for it. The deeper we go, harder it gets, better the loot! (something like the Abyss from Elder Scrolls: Blades. Speaking of, this probably is the Abyss during 2E. :smiley: ) This also a good opportunity for them to add unobtainable styles (like the Savior's Hide style) as outfit style pages into the game.(something tells me they won't do :neutral:)

Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on January 30, 2023 1:11AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe like a daily/weekly raid that you can accept and complete, where you can see in advance what you will get for completing a certain raid.

A diversory of raids to choose from at a NPC so if you can only complete the easy ones you can still do raids or if youre a veteran and choose the harder ones for greater rewards.
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you know the Summit and Countdown activities that have targeted loot from Division 2?

This endless dungeon should have that same loot/reward system as well.
    Edited by Bobargus on January 31, 2023 7:28PM