The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't extract gems from an already owned item

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought a few crown crates to try to get one mount or some gems for it. Unfortunately I only got trash with no value and a Crown Crafting Motif 55: Dreadhorn Style which has a 100 gems value on store, so I should be able to convert it into 33 gems. It would be better than nothing. But somehow the item I got is bugged, not only I can't convert it to gems but it's also bound. I didn't do anything, I didn't even try to use it. But it's already bound.

I have no idea what to do. I wasted a lot of money in those crates and the only good item I got is bugged. What can I do? How can I convert ti to gems?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also got a Reach Chandelier, Hagraven that I can't extract gems, and I didn't touch it.

Looks like the problem is not only with one item. Probably all new items on crown crates are bugged because the gem extraction isn't working. Or they no longer allow gem extraction from unwanted items. If that's the case we should be informed, because the crown crates are insanely expensive. If I knew that I couldn't extract gems I would never pay one cent for it. I'm feeling stolen.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a thread on this bug already: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630305/can-t-exchange-crate-motifs-for-gems-anymore/p1
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Thanks for the pings in this thread. Wanted to follow up on this issue. Currently 5 Ragebound Crate items not converting into gems. This is not intended. We have let our teams know and they are working on a fix for this. Only the following items are affected, and are not providing a gem breakdown value as intended:
    • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 67: Welkynar Style - 33 gem value
    • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 55: Dreadhorn Style - 33 gem value
    • Legendary Reward: Orb of the Spirit Queen - 33 gem value
    • Epic Reward: Reach Chandelier, Hagraven - 13 gem value
    • Epic Reward: Rite of the Harrowforged - 13 gem value

As for right now, unopened crates will be fixed if you leave them unopened until after the fix is live. Once the fix is available, when you get duplicate of the above mentioned crate items, you'll get the intended gem conversion.

For those who have opened some Ragebound Crates already or still plan on doing so prior to the fix, please keep the items and do not destroy them. When the fix rolls out, you will get the correct gems in the future as long as you do not DESTROY the item.

Thanks again for letting us know and we are working on getting this issue resolved.

Also the fix is scheduled for this next patch:
    Shagreth wrote: »
    When can we expect the fix?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The fix for this issue will be included in next week's incremental patches - Monday on PC and Wednesday for console.
    (note that the patch was delayed to Tuesday for PC)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a thread on this bug already: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630305/can-t-exchange-crate-motifs-for-gems-anymore/p1
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Thanks for the pings in this thread. Wanted to follow up on this issue. Currently 5 Ragebound Crate items not converting into gems. This is not intended. We have let our teams know and they are working on a fix for this. Only the following items are affected, and are not providing a gem breakdown value as intended:
    • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 67: Welkynar Style - 33 gem value
    • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 55: Dreadhorn Style - 33 gem value
    • Legendary Reward: Orb of the Spirit Queen - 33 gem value
    • Epic Reward: Reach Chandelier, Hagraven - 13 gem value
    • Epic Reward: Rite of the Harrowforged - 13 gem value

As for right now, unopened crates will be fixed if you leave them unopened until after the fix is live. Once the fix is available, when you get duplicate of the above mentioned crate items, you'll get the intended gem conversion.

For those who have opened some Ragebound Crates already or still plan on doing so prior to the fix, please keep the items and do not destroy them. When the fix rolls out, you will get the correct gems in the future as long as you do not DESTROY the item.

Thanks again for letting us know and we are working on getting this issue resolved.

Also the fix is scheduled for this next patch:
    Shagreth wrote: »
    When can we expect the fix?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The fix for this issue will be included in next week's incremental patches - Monday on PC and Wednesday for console.
    (note that the patch was delayed to Tuesday for PC)

Oh! Wonderful to know it's going to be fixed! I was really scared about the money loss. :smile:

Thanks a lot for the information.

Edited by NeKryXe on April 10, 2023 2:27AM
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed its finally fixed, yey!