The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can’t exchange crate motifs for gems anymore?

• Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    question withdrawn. I now remember it being possible. (at least with the Harrowstorm tapestry from the crate season intro'd back in the Greymoor chapter.)
    sorry for sonfusion. (haven't had my coffee yet.)
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on April 4, 2023 7:43AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Shagreth
      Shagreth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      When can we expect the fix?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    • ZOS_GinaBruno
      ZOS_GinaBruno
      Community Manager
      Shagreth wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The fix for this issue will be included in next week's incremental patches - Monday on PC and Wednesday for console.
      Gina Bruno
      Senior Community Manager
      Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
      Staff Post
    • heinousmoz
      heinousmoz
      ✭✭✭
      Why is it we keep getting maintenance on Easter Monday which is a bank holiday for most of the EU?
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The fix for this issue will be included in next week's incremental patches - Monday on PC and Wednesday for console.

Surely you are not running a long, patch maintenance on Easter Monday after having the mother of all downtimes this Tuesday!

This must be some kind of mistake?
      Edited by ApoAlaia on April 6, 2023 9:24PM
    • Sythen88411
      Sythen88411
      ✭✭✭✭
      What about crate gifting @ZOS_GinaBruno
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      @Sythen88411 we provided an update on the crate gifting yesterday. I'll copy the post below.
      ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
      We also wanted to provide an update on the issue where Crown Crates are not currently giftable in-game on PC. We have identified the issue and are working on a fix that we hope to roll out in the next couple weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience. Once we have a date for the fix, or if it will take longer than a couple weeks, we will let you know.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • BenevolentBowd
      BenevolentBowd
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Did you mean Tuesday? PC maintenance is on Tuesday this week.
      • PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 10
      • PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 11, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
      Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
      Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
      Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
      Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
      ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
      YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
      #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    • blktauna
      blktauna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ProudMary wrote: »
      jaws343 wrote: »
      If I recall correctly, the actual 1 page style pages were always bound on receipt, with future rolls of those being traded in for crowns. It was only the motifs that could be earned in game that were gem tradeable.
      Full Welkynar and full Dreadhorn books insta bound, used to be 33x gems

What if you already know these motifs and you get these books? You just stuck with them then?

I have this exact issue. And two harrostorm furnishing thingies that I don't and and can't convert. I was told too bad just delete them.
      Edited by blktauna on April 8, 2023 8:43PM
      PCNA
      PCEU
    • tomofhyrule
      tomofhyrule
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      blktauna wrote: »
      ProudMary wrote: »
      jaws343 wrote: »
      If I recall correctly, the actual 1 page style pages were always bound on receipt, with future rolls of those being traded in for crowns. It was only the motifs that could be earned in game that were gem tradeable.
      Full Welkynar and full Dreadhorn books insta bound, used to be 33x gems

What if you already know these motifs and you get these books? You just stuck with them then?

I have this exact issue. And two harrostorm furnishing thingies that I don't and and can't convert. I was told too bad just delete them.

Don't delete them!

From previous in this exact thread:
      ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
      Hi All. Thanks for the pings in this thread. Wanted to follow up on this issue. Currently 5 Ragebound Crate items not converting into gems. This is not intended. We have let our teams know and they are working on a fix for this. Only the following items are affected, and are not providing a gem breakdown value as intended:
      • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 67: Welkynar Style - 33 gem value
      • Legendary Reward: Crown Crafting Motif 55: Dreadhorn Style - 33 gem value
      • Legendary Reward: Orb of the Spirit Queen - 33 gem value
      • Epic Reward: Reach Chandelier, Hagraven - 13 gem value
      • Epic Reward: Rite of the Harrowforged - 13 gem value

As for right now, unopened crates will be fixed if you leave them unopened until after the fix is live. Once the fix is available, when you get duplicate of the above mentioned crate items, you'll get the intended gem conversion.

For those who have opened some Ragebound Crates already or still plan on doing so prior to the fix, please keep the items and do not destroy them. When the fix rolls out, you will get the correct gems in the future as long as you do not DESTROY the item.