The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collecting a new armor style from gift boxes

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
So the write up for this Anniversary event says:

"New: A small chance for a tradeable outfit style page for the Bonemold armor style
If you’ve already collected a Bonemold armor style earlier that day, you will instead be rewarded with either a Saberkeel style page or a Worm Cult style pag
e"

So once I open an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box and I get a new armor style, should I hold off opening any more boxes that "day" in the hopes one of them may give me another piece the next "day"?
Or are the gift box contents predetermined when it is awarded and not when you open it?

If indeed the contents are determined when you open it, what is a next "day"? :)
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 7, 2023 3:28AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For most boxes, the content is determined when you first open it, and it's likely (but not certain) that 'next day' happens at the daily quest reset time, 6 am edt for pc/NA for example.
    For these particular boxes, though, most people will probably be getting lots of boxes every single day of the event, so holding onto boxes is probably not sustainable or beneficial. If it's the last day or so, you're still missing bonemold pages and want to hold boxes to open over the next few days that might make sense, or if your situation is such that you can't play throughout the event.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop is decided when you open the box. With this kind of drop, I usually stop opening gift boxes once the new page comes up, and keep the remaining boxes to open the next day.

With the Anniversary event usually boxes are plentiful... but I'd wait to see how good/bad the drop rates are.
    PC-EU
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point holding on to the boxes in my opinion, you can get them so easily.
    I'll be opening 105 boxes each day of the event just from doing daily crafting writs lol
    Edited by Hamish999 on April 5, 2023 6:26PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    No point holding on to the boxes in my opinion, you can get them so easily.
    I'll be opening 105 boxes each day of the event just from doing daily crafting writs lol

The point would be if the drop rates are really really rare, which sometimes they are. We'll have to wait and see!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jrfk2 wrote: »
    So the write up for this Anniversary event says:

"New: A small chance for a tradeable outfit style page for the Bonemold armor style
    If you’ve already collected a Bonemold armor style earlier that day, you will instead be rewarded with either a Saberkeel style page or a Worm Cult style pag
    e"

So once I open an Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box and I get a new armor style, should I hold off opening any more boxes that "day" in the hopes one of them may give me another piece the next "day"?
    Or are the gift box contents predetermined when it is awarded and not when you open it?

If indeed the contents are determined when you open it, what is a next "day"? :)

For this event we might not get an answer, since people are getting multiple Bonemold pages per day. :)

Got 4 today. We'll see if they fix this before the end of the event.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post