Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Please, do not do that again.

TheGamerSeal
TheGamerSeal
✭✭✭
Please, do not lock an item (the Shade polymorph) behind an extremely expensive "deal".

And now that you've done it once, please, do not make the polymorph available as a standalone purchase sometime in the future - I would not have paid for such unforgivably awful random chance if I knew the polymorph would be a separately available collectible in the future.

Just please, do not do that again.
Edited by TheGamerSeal on April 1, 2023 10:51AM
  • "Rather than offering you the illusion of valued feedback, we have taken the liberty of doing what we think is best anyway." -- Anonymous
  • "I should have known the gankblades were plotting to take over!" -- Anonymous
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree. This game needs better PR, not worse. Now, if ever, is not the time to do this.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • TheGamerSeal
    TheGamerSeal
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. This game needs better PR, not worse. Now, if ever, is not the time to do this.

I do believe it should be said that yes, for all intents and purpose, this is a tremendous deal. If you consider the fact that 5,000 crowns gets you 15 crates, and that the best polymorphs tend to cost 2,000 - 2,500 crowns, the deal offers 10 extra crates for 500 - 1,000 crowns more.

15 Crown Crates / 5,000 Crowns = ~333 Crowns per Crate
    +10 Crown Crates / ~750 Crowns = ~75 Crowns per Bonus Crate

Despite this, however, I personally - and I'm sure many others agree - would prefer to circumvent the random chance in favor of earning seals of endeavor.

On a lighter note, and reading between the lines here, maybe we get to be shades so we can make the purchase and then scream endlessly into the Void? Try it for yourself and see what I mean; morph into the shade and do /shout - I think it's a funny, situationally appropriate animation. *shrugs*
    • "Rather than offering you the illusion of valued feedback, we have taken the liberty of doing what we think is best anyway." -- Anonymous
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like that package and I will buy it. Even if there was no polymorph in the package, I'd buy it because it's the best deal "crown spent per crate". So the polymorph is simply free for me.

However, I support people who want to buy only the polymorph. Not everyone buys crates. In this case, the polymorph is locked behind a big payment those people are not insterested to make.

I think you shouldn't change this deal(i like it a lot ;) ) but make a second deal selling only the polymorph.
  • TheGamerSeal
    TheGamerSeal
    ✭✭✭
    I like that package and I will buy it. Even if there was no polymorph in the package, I'd buy it because it's the best deal "crown spent per crate". So the polymorph is simply free for me.

However, I support people who want to buy only the polymorph. Not everyone buys crates. In this case, the polymorph is locked behind a big payment those people are not insterested to make.

I think you shouldn't change this deal(i like it a lot ;) ) but make a second deal selling only the polymorph.

Like I said, it IS a good deal - IF and only IF you're fine with purchasing crown crates. In fact, I would be fine - and even encourage it - if ZeniMax released more package deals like that; it's good to treat the players every once in a while.

I think the ideal situation, the "should have", here would have been to release the polymorph as a standalone collectible alongside the crate offer, so people could choose between "buy 25 crates with the polymorph included" and "buy the polymorph by itself".
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be more than happy to purchase this bundle for gold, but gifting creates isn't an option nowadays it seems. Oh well.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, do not lock an item (the Shade polymorph) behind an extremely expensive "deal".

And now that you've done it once, please, do not make the polymorph available as a standalone purchase sometime in the future - I would not have paid for such unforgivably awful random chance if I knew the polymorph would be a separately available collectible in the future.

Just please, do not do that again.

Well, enough DO seem to like it so I imagine they will do it again.
    I agree with not separating them now that they have been offered as a package.. that would just be wrong for those that have bought it.
    I too would like them to have been offered separately... but I also like the polymorph, AND I like the idea of being able to buy a larger bunch of crates at a better deal than the 15 for 5,000 crowns too.
    I also get that its point is to get people to buy crowns... or to sub to get crowns towards it (and use of craft bag in the meantime). That's its purpose.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to convert it to real dollars and subtract 40% as I only buy crates when they are on sale. Thus it is not a bad deal at all. I would expect most people stock up on crowns when they are on sale. If not, then it is your decision to buy anything for that matter at the higher price. Don't forget crowns go on sale sometime this month, that is the pattern from previous years! Then August during QuakeCon and December holidays.

I bought the deal, but no more crates until gifting is fixed.