Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Feedback for the argonian hairstyles

Djennku
Djennku
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi.

I have been extremely disappointed with the recent hairstyles in the crates and daily rewards as of late. The Draping locks are amazing with the long flowing hair that goes over your shoulders and is wonderful on hte elves and khjaiit. The argonian version, however, has absolutely zero resemblence ot the whatsoever. It has big feathers along the eyebrows, and then a short bit covering just the back of the head along the neckline. It reminds me of an old 50 year old man with big eyebrows and balding except hte back of his head. It is atrocious, and not what I expect for a style called draping locks. I would have loved if it was instead a crest of feathers covering the head and long large feathers draping down the back like some birds have, and maybe some large feathers going down the front of the head. That would be wonderful, and would really encapture the human/khajiit style better.

The new topknot style from the ragebound crates looks amazing the way the feathers are placed, and the texture and style of them, however, it loses all of the good points when you see the back of it. It has the large horn sticking up from the back from the base of the head, and is not in any was aesthetically pleasing. The horn sticks out and really draws from hte beauty of this hairstyle. It looks very out of place like it does not belong there and was placed as an afterthought to make some similarity with the name of topknot and nothing else. Something that would make a difference and still havee that topknot style, would be to remove the horn and add a crest of feathers, but rather than something like hte stadning wave style, use the same feathers in this hairstyle and make the feathers as they are larger and longer at the top-back of the head, then smaller going down, all facing backwards. that would amke your hair have a topknot, and also, have the feather style that would be pleasing to the argonians.

@Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
Vamp and WW bites available for players.
Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im lucky as i still have white river braids. I was excited for this new topknot one, it was of a similar design and had the possibility of being even better!

And then there is that horn. It looks like someone made the Sultry Argonian bards "instrument" and tacked it on there as a very, very bad jesters festival joke.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It really seems like argonian versions of hairstyles are made to be jokes, and it makes me sad. Argonians are more than jokes, they deserve actually good “hair” options.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seafarer's Crowning Trim seems to have a feather "braid" on the top (although that one also looks dumb) so I'm not sure why there couldn't be a feather "topknot." And you're right, Draping Locks basically bears no resemblance to the hairstyle worn by other races, which is annoying.

We also have never gotten feather beards even though a few NPCs have had them since Murkmire.