Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

housing "showcase" (like guild traders, but for housing)

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
add a guild trader feature to all houses within the world so that players can pay to rent the location for a week and have that house be THAT PLAYERS house.

it would have a little board outside that you could place your bid at, and if you win it will show your name, and your houses name and if people enter they will be in your instance as if they had traveled to your house!

from little hotel rooms to accidently stumbling into a guild crafting hall to walking into someone's billion dollar luxury retreat it would add so much community to the game. to be able to wander into a random hotel room or house while your questing to see what someone else has done.

make it happen!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 26, 2023 12:03PM
ESO player since beta.
previously full time subscriber, beta-2024, game got too disappointing.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    add a guild trader feature to all houses within the world so that players can pay to rent the location for a week and have that house be THAT PLAYERS house.

it would have a little board outside that you could place your bid at, and if you win it will show your name, and your houses name and if people enter they will be in your instance as if they had traveled to your house!

from little hotel rooms to accidently stumbling into a guild crafting hall to walking into someone's billion dollar luxury retreat it would add so much community to the game. to be able to wander into a random hotel room or house while your questing to see what someone else has done.

make it happen!

Well if the individual player wants to pay the multiple millions per week for the vendor like guilds normally do, I guess.
    But at that point just just make a tiny personal guild with some friends and hire a vendor like every other guild.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm understanding you right, there would be a board in like Mournhold and if I'm the highest bidder I can link it to my house in Coldharbour. Then everyone on the server can visit my house from that board til the next weeks bidding.

Sounds like it could be interesting. Would definitely be a good gold sink and we know how much ZoS like those!
    PS4 EU
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've suggested a drop down menu in the map tab. When you hit map you can see all the homes in the game. I think it would be fun if you could right click on a house and see a tab with maybe ten random players that own that home. Select one and off you go. Players would have to opt in to have their homes viewed.
    Should also be a way to refresh the random list so you get 10 new homes to view and also would be nice to tag favorite homes so you could return. And maybe flag homes you no longer want to appear on your random list so you don't keep going back to some empty house a troll listed.
    Definitely needs to be a way to allow players to more easily show off their homes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easier now you can link houses, maybe when people are more used to it you'll start getting random houses linked in zone chat
    PS4 EU
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post