Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two new houses in a whole year

• Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By my count, and including inn rooms, there were:
    • 12 homes introduced in 2017 (Morrowind) plus the initially released race-based and alliance-based 39
      1. Grand Topal Hideaway
      2. Earthtear Cavern
      3. Saint Delyn Penthouse
      4. Amaya Lake Lodge
      5. Ald Velothi Harbor House
      6. Tel Galen Tower
      7. Linchal Grand Manor
      8. Coldharbour Surreal Estate
      9. Haakvild's High Hall
      10. Exorcised Coven Cottage
      11. Pariah's Pinnacle
      12. The Observatory Prior
    • 9 homes introduced in 2018 (Summerset)
      1. The Erstwhile Sanctuary
      2. Princely Dawnlight Palace
      3. Golden Gryphon Garrett
      4. Alinor Crest Townhouse
      5. Colossal Aldmeri Grotto
      6. Hunter's Glade
      7. Grand Psijic Villa
      8. Enchanted Snow Globe Home
      9. Lakemire Xanmeer Manor
    • 9 homes introduced in 2019 (Elsweyr)
      1. Frostvault Chasm
      2. Elinhir Private Arena
      3. Sugar Bowl Suite
      4. Jode's Embrace
      5. Hall of the Lunar Champion
      6. Moon-Sugar Meadow
      7. Wraithhome
      8. Lucky Cat Landing
      9. Potentate's Retreat
    • 9 homes introduced in 2020 (Greymoor)
      1. Forgemaster Falls
      2. Thieves' Oasis
      3. Snowmelt Suite
      4. Proudspire Manor
      5. Bastion Sanguinaris
      6. Stillwaters Retreat
      7. Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery
      8. Shalidor's Shrouded Realm
      9. Stone Eagle Aerie
    • 9 homes introduced in 2021 (Blackwood)
      1. Kushalit Sanctuary
      2. Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins
      3. Pilgrim's Rest
      4. Water's Edge
      5. Pantherfang Chapel
      6. Doomchar Plateau
      7. Sweetwater Cascades
      8. Ossa Accentium
      9. Agony's Ascent
    • 3 homes introduced in 2022 (High Isle)
      1. Seaveil Spire
      2. Ancient Anchor Berth
      3. Highhallow Hold

- Bolded homes were given away for free or available for gold at some point.

(This list is based on my personal homestead spreadsheet, house id numbers, and corresponding DLC/chapters. I apologize if I misplaced something. It's hard to find exact release dates on the older ones.)
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, this list is impressive and most importantly it shows that 2022 was really disappointing for housing fans!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, please - I wanted some options. Running out of homes to acquire, actually. There are just four houses left, and none of them has been available while I had the necessary crowns. Sigh.
    To be fair, many of my homes are pretty basic regarding furniture - mostly because I‘m not sure what to do with them, but a nice Galen home or two, well, that would have been nice.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, do we really need a whole bunch of new houses every year? A couple will suffice. There's already far more than enough.

There are "enough" houses, perhaps. I would like more furnishings instead of more houses, tbh. Like revisiting older styles, and adding more structural pieces, but also assets already used in the world. Adding doors, windows, stairs, roof and ceilings would create more use for the existing houses. Also, I would like to get more empty plots of land to build houses.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guess is they are not selling as well as they used to, or they would have put the effort into making more to make more money. The problem I see is 9-12 a year are too many for most folks. 4-6 a year would be a more reasonable number. They also need one for every zone in the game. Next year maybe another bare year too since we are probably only getting one new landmass added to the game in the form of the New Chapter.

Really disappointed we did not get 2 in Galen. One inn room in town and another medium or larger home located somewhere else.

Stay safe and happy New Year!
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    My guess is they are not selling as well as they used to, or they would have put the effort into making more to make more money. The problem I see is 9-12 a year are too many for most folks. 4-6 a year would be a more reasonable number. They also need one for every zone in the game. Next year maybe another bare year too since we are probably only getting one new landmass added to the game in the form of the New Chapter.

Really disappointed we did not get 2 in Galen. One inn room in town and another medium or larger home located somewhere else.

Stay safe and happy New Year!

We don't usually get an inn room in DLCs, just chapters. A medium or large home there would have been nice though, or even just a plot.

I think you're probably right that with so many houses now available, 9 per year might be too many to sell well and that next year will probably be light too. However, there are some patterns you can see above that seem a shame were broken this year. For example, we usually get 1-2 free or gold-option houses each year apart from the inn room. There were none this year. They also usually release a new plot for building each year. There was none this year.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they are selling fewer crown packs this time around during this sale. Only time I buy crowns is to buy houses and I haven’t been interested in any since the Markarth house (except for the Seaveil Spire which I bought and returned because it had terrible light issues).
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are selling fewer crown packs this time around during this sale. Only time I buy crowns is to buy houses and I haven’t been interested in any since the Markarth house (except for the Seaveil Spire which I bought and returned because it had terrible light issues).

Something tells me Zenimax saw fewer sales in everything this year haha and I find it hard to believe a drop in sales for houses is why they didn't release many this year.... this chapter in ESO was lacking a lot even outside of housing.
    Edited by fizzylu on December 31, 2022 6:07AM
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    I woudnt mind having more houses in already existing areas/towns too.

I mean we all have at least one or two areas where we totally missed a house!

For me its maybe anvil / schornhelm / evermoore. And i would love some reworked houses in windhelm for example with a working balcony or yard.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I woudnt mind having more houses in already existing areas/towns too.

I mean we all have at least one or two areas where we totally missed a house!

For me its maybe anvil / schornhelm / evermoore. And i would love some reworked houses in windhelm for example with a working balcony or yard.

Agreed! I know many players would love for more housing in Vvardenfell! There are so many different styles among the houses and not making an apartment or townhouse available in Balmorra is a missed opportunity IMO.

I was riding through Summeset yesterday to do the Psijic’s quest and reminded of how beautiful it is! I would love an open plot — more specifically a wooded glen — on Summerset! :relaxed:
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many types of houses they could have included this last year too. I would have loved a medium-sized tower similar to Tor Draioch or a plot with some druidic ruins.

I also think of housing as free wayshrines, so locations are important. Unfortunately, of the three houses we got this year, only two were in the new zones, and those two were in the same city.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to understand the reasoning behind all the things zos starts, from BG to housing, and then just doesn't do much with after that, year after year....
    Edited by Pelanora on January 26, 2023 5:05AM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High Isle has best potential for some beautiful houses and plots, but instead we will get probably some ugly mushroom crap this year - irony is that Morrowind chapter had more houses than other chapters, so we need new houses in other zones more than Morrowind again with same vibe.

Oh, I know that they will probably add some High Isle housing but I'm not interested in crown store houses costing price of full AAA game. I want my chapter house, for which I paid full price.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a sales issue, likely exacerbated by shortcomings the current housing system has.

It doesn't feel like there is a lot of enthusiasm for more very large houses due to the furnishing limits. I know there are often posts here about liking a house but it being too big to do enough with the 700 limit. If that feeling is more widespread it could see the rates of sales reduced on newer offerings, and that might make the time spent by staff making a home vs the sales made not seem as worthwhile.

Sales can also be impacted by their overuse of FOMO, and that some people might find getting a few of these top end houses are a bit of a reasonable splurge, but getting too many might be more than they are willing to spend. I know a friend and I were looking at the Markarth house and probably would have impulse bought it, but it wasn't for sale yet. By time it came up we were onto other housing projects and weren't feeling it anymore, and neither of us got it.

Furnishing houses is also very costly in game. Crafting plans and mats can be hard to get and cost a lot of in game gold, and buying them in the Crown Store adds up quickly. This has slowed down my working on furnishing the homes I have (many of which were purchased with gold) which makes me personally less inclined to buy for a lot of money another home that I won't be able to properly furnish for a very long time.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have minded a druid home that looks good for druid furnishings XD
  • Cerulione
    Cerulione
    ✭✭✭
    I guess one house that might resonate with many players is an open plot of land in Galen/ High Isle area with nice background music and environment, natural lighting. That way we can build what we wish with the size that we wish. Something akin to Stillwater Retreat and Moonsugar Meadow. Something in the range of 5-7k crown and available all year long. 700 slots.
    Edited by Cerulione on January 27, 2023 1:06PM

@Cerulione - PC/EU - housing enthusiast, forever magden
    Open House List:

Bouldertree Refuge: Bag End, a hobbit's hole
    Seaveil Spire: Summer Seahouse
    Amaya Lake Lodge: Diagon Alley
    Pantherfang Chapel: Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away
    Autumn's Gate: Autumnal Mountain Lodge
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cerulione wrote: »
    I guess one house that might resonate with many players is an open plot of land in Galen/ High Isle area with nice background music and environment, natural lighting. That way we can build what we wish with the size that we wish. Something akin to Stillwater Retreat and Moonsugar Meadow. Something in the range of 5-7k crown and available all year long. 700 slots.

Oh heavens yes. Yes please yes please yes please. At the waters edge. With trees.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wonder if the high isle chapter was affected more by the pandemic than we realise. Low staff numbers as people away ill? I know a few businesses that had slow years even in 2022 just with how many were ill, even after lockdowns were over and people were vaccinated. Covid or the flu still swept thru places really slowing things down.

I also like this explanation because it means they aren't actually dropping/winding back housing. When you see the list OP made, you do think 'O they just won't do so many anymore', newbies have so many to choose from, and zos is all about the newbies.
    Edited by Pelanora on January 27, 2023 8:25PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you hoping for another High Isle / Galen themed house, an island with a lighthouse is coming (shown on today’s Twitch stream).
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still want Erlibru's Cottage, though I'm quite likely to buy the lighthouse.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, do we really need a whole bunch of new houses every year? A couple will suffice. There's already far more than enough.

Agreed, each new zone should have 1 new crown house, 1 gold house and 1 inn. That is plenty. I am speaking partly for the consideration of my wallet.
    Edited by chrisfeng on January 28, 2023 2:35AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you hoping for another High Isle / Galen themed house, an island with a lighthouse is coming (shown on today’s Twitch stream).

Really? What a great news, let´s hope that it has a lot of space to build something around the lighthouse!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope there are more new houses and furnishings this year! I feel that Blackwood was a really good year for housing as we got a variety of houses, both Blackwood and Deadlands and not directly related (my Varlaisvea :love: ), as well as structural furnishings in three different styles (Leyawiin, Deadlands, Fargrave), and some very lovely furnishings (the only ones that were a miss for me are the weird Fargrave “food” items).
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A house in the Apocrypha will remedy this for me. @ZOS_GinaBruno Hopefully there will be one. :)
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The covenant received 2 DLCs and not a single player home purchasable for gold.
    There's a reason why people are disappointed.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just do a massive house sale, all previous homes up for sale? ESO plus get a discounted price and make the sale go for an entire month where there are no events or anything happening.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just do a massive house sale, all previous homes up for sale? ESO plus get a discounted price and make the sale go for an entire month where there are no events or anything happening.

There could also be a housing event where you can find furniture, blueprints and materials for furniture construction everywhere.