The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two new houses in a whole year

Lugaldu
Lugaldu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm still trying to understand why we only got two new houses this year and one of them was only available for a short limited time. Why isn't there a house on Galen, why didn't we get a free house this year?
Housing seems to be one of the most important features in ESO to me (and I really enjoy it), and this year in particular we got so many new structural furnishings - so what's the plan behind this shortage?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 15, 2022 3:23PM
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, do we really need a whole bunch of new houses every year? A couple will suffice. There's already far more than enough.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, do we really need a whole bunch of new houses every year? A couple will suffice. There's already far more than enough.

Yes, we need more houses, there are housing enthousiasts for which housing is their eind game.

So just like new dungeons, new sets, new antiquities, new zones, new trials, new PvP content, new races, new skill lines, new classes, people expect new houses too :wink:

So really looking forward to what 2023 has in store for ESO.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, we need more houses and especially houses with a lot of open space or ideally an empty plot of land on which you can build completely freely. Take Highhallow Hold, for example - a huge house with lots of small rooms that you can decorate, but with little opportunity to build your own structures. That's pretty unattractive to me.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm suprised that they don't give at least some empty plot house type - how much work it is to make some empty, small island surrounded by sea with view at Systres Isles?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Housing is a big feature in ESO, so of course it needs to get new and varied additions. If there's only two houses, their design might not appeal to people, so they won't have anything new to decorate.

Back to the OP, yes it's odd we haven't gotten more houses this year, coupled with the fact that the community event reward wasn't a house like in previous years. The thing is template houses are not as intricate design-wise, so I don't see why they couldn't have just given us a plot in one of the new zones...
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call this "a couple" when one of them was an inn room with very stingy decoration limits. At the very least every previous chapter featured a large house available for gold as part of the crowning zone completion achievement. It's one of the pillars of the Elder Scrolls experience since Daggerfall. A property that opens up to the accomplished hero, either through climbing the ranks in some organization, questing for fame, earning trust of the local governors or just having deep pockets.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need a bunch of dungeons every year? A couple will suffice. There's ready for more than enough.

Just because you aren't particularly interested in a certain part of the game doesn't mean no one else is. It literally won't affect you if it's not something you engage in for them to make more. It's also clear we're getting less and less each year. And if it's not something you engage with why bother saying we don't need more at all?
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'm a big housing enthusiast. I would also like to see more design tools and elements for housing/building in general.
    Xbox X- NA
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would you feel if someone said that about your precious Guar? More houses means more variety of sanctuaries for your Guar. And nobody wants to stop producing Guar for the same reason we want more homes; they bring us joy.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it only two for all of 2022? no matter, the houses are over priced and the large ones can never be filled up for the obvious reasons.

Bring me a portal furnishing so when I cut out a section of a home, I can portal to it without have to make a path.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it only two for all of 2022? no matter, the houses are over priced and the large ones can never be filled up for the obvious reasons.

Bring me a portal furnishing so when I cut out a section of a home, I can portal to it without have to make a path.

This times a 1000!

Probably my single most desired furniture item out of anything right now. Would be huge for so many builds.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, let's not get in Zenimax's head that the housing community does not matter haha I and many people I know mainly play ESO because of the housing. If it didn't have it's housing system, we'd be playing something else (like sorry, but we just have better options). We actually are playing other games right now.... which is partially due to the lack of housing in general this year and there being no house available for gold. The housing enthusiasts make up quite a bit of ESO's player base, I have guilds full of them.... and to you there might be "more than enough", but if you browse the housing section of the forums you'll see that there are many more houses being desired; small cottage homes, mage towers like in High Isle, and etc.
    Edited by fizzylu on November 16, 2022 6:49PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would also be kind of nice if we could get an official statement why there were only two houses this year...
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    It would also be kind of nice if we could get an official statement why there were only two houses this year...

agreed its very annoying that we have gotten a lovly land in the form of high isles but ONE house to it compare to last year when we got 3 in the actual zone (and 3 more for the dlc zones)
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I was very disappointed as well. I loved the nature and the city on high isle, but the house is way too confusing for me with all these similiar looking rooms and stairs (even tho the yard and the view from the balcony was great).

I love to "earn" my houses by finishing the story and then buy it for gold. A similiar house like the ones from blackwood or solitude would have made the expansion so much nicer.

I hope they dont go on with this "crownstore-only" attitude since then many more players will leave the game..
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galen has proven much like wood elf houses and furniture to be very polarizing. Thst is to say those who like it love it and everyone else could care less.

That being said, it would be nice to see some smaller houses added in older DLC zones. Lord knows i'd kill for an imperial style townhouse similar to Proudspire without the curved walls. (Not Water's Edge, too much vertical)

Also IME curved/non-flat walls are a nightmare when placing wall decor and fixtures.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭

SAID NO GRAND MASTER HOUSER EVER. Tell me you don't do housing without telling me you don't do housing. Of course we need new houses, at least once every 3 months would suffice.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that both releases were big houses and neither available for gold. Would it hurt them so much to release a small/medium house with a garden somewhere in High Isle or Galen (even a template with just a bunch of rocks to build druidic themed abode would be a good at this point) and add a gold option there as well...
  • Yumij
    Yumij
    I was also hoping for another free or 'earnable' house this year.
    I think this years 'event house' was replaced by the Hourglass of Alkosh.
    Don't take me wrong, I think the hourglass is an amazing addition to housing and I am very happy they implemented this.
    However, some form of expectation management about the newly added houses for the year would be nice.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing Q and A thanks, Zos.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they missed an opportunity to add a house in galen this year
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    [snip]

Cash grabs are more than welcome. I *want* them to sell me houses. I don't buy things on the cash shop that affect combat gameplay. Anything that would affect a PvP match or make someone have gear so they can enter raids faster etc = bad cash shop.
    Cosmetic items are more than welcome to receive my money.

Gold-earned houses are also important for player retention. Not everyone has excess money in their bank.

High Isle was a failure when it comes to housing. The High Isle big home was a claustrophobic maze. I want land so I can build my own castle.

We have all these new High Isle modular building pieces. Where are we supposed to build?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 25, 2022 6:47PM
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a free or gold buyable home instead of crown exclusive. We really need more gold sinks in this game and several more houses would be perfect for that. Heck I'll even take all the houses unfurnished for gold XD
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new BG maps in four years.

:)
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

And no new weapons in eight haha at least they used to give us something consistently, but then they stopped doing even that.... andddd something tells me they haven't been putting the time they used to put into houses into a new BG map or weapon either. It's the little things that count though, right? I'm sure there's plenty of new crown store goodies awaiting us hahahahaaaa <.<
    Edited by fizzylu on December 25, 2022 2:05PM
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

:)

Battlegrounds aren't that popular and don't pay the bills. Sorry, but it's true. Housing and all it's supporting crafts makes a ton of money for ZOS as the housing community are big Crown Store spenders. That is likely a big factor behind why they give little attention to Battlegrounds.
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    TWO houses are more then enough IMHO ;) , sheesh , ppl really find think to complain all the time.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The room at the inn hardly counts.

We got one house, briefly.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TiberX wrote: »
    TWO houses are more then enough IMHO ;) , sheesh , ppl really find think to complain all the time.

Try looking at it from an economic point of view - I'm pretty sure that housing is one of the biggest and most important sources of income. Every new house will encourage people to furnish it and since the cost of the raw materials needed to make furniture is enormous, one or the other will certainly buy furniture from the shop. If no new houses are added, then it won't happen.