Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long have you played in PvP ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
Easy question : How long have played in pvp ?

Just getting some data :)

How long have you played in PvP ? 85 votes

8 years
31%
SolarikenKikazaruRaeannAkinosgameswithaspoonThrabenmartinhpb16_ESOAektannIdinuseKartalinWald1naUlvichMayraelNemeliomHowlKimchiReverbDerraVevvevVenscaladirondack 27 votes
7 Years
22%
JsmallsKayshaSahidomCasulDojohodabbrown0770The_LexTheDominionNordSwordnBoardfred4Reactmethod__01JaimehMentalxHammerAlchimiste1buzzclopsFirmamentOfStarsDirt_RoosterMarioMario 19 votes
6 Years
9%
Animus-ESOSpeydeChilly-McFreezejaws343UrvothhaelgaanTheMightyRevangariondavey 8 votes
5 years
14%
MinnoStaticWaveOakenaxeDirtyDeeds765OBJnoobtokeinskybluIriidiusedward_frigidhandsAdamLADMiracle19Sir_HammockCloudrest 12 votes
4 years
2%
ArchMikemKingLewie_III 2 votes
3 years
8%
MannjdyrBenTSGNoszetWaywardArgonianCast_ElDem_kitkats1arch1t3ct 7 votes
2 years
3%
LennyMEBengalsFan2001Araneae6537 3 votes
1 year
2%
hiziumboi_anachronism_ 2 votes
months/weeks ?
3%
cheeseaddictElendir2amVinnyGambini 3 votes
What is PVP 😂
2%
laurajfN3CR01 2 votes
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    Is it weird I miss the days when the only place to get lvl160 mats for crafting was to farm IC for them?
    Many of my favorite memories in the game come from the times when IC and the sewers were full of people because there was something required by everyone they could only get there.
    Everywhere you went you knew there could be danger just around the corner and the thought of losing 80% of your Tel Var gave every encounter pulse pounding high stakes.
    But when you failed you could instantly respawn in any district and be back in action in seconds.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8 years
    On and off since beta so technically 9 years.

ZCna2lU.png

Before ESO, I PvP'd heavily in GW2, SWTOR, WoW, DAoC, and UO. PvP in MMORPG is my favorite type of video game.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on January 24, 2023 7:19PM
    PC NA
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years
    If we are talking PVP in general I've been PVPing since arcade times when Street Fighter 1(ONE) was in the arcades. That to me is true player vs player back in the late 1980's.

ESO PVP is more group of 6+ vs solo players or Zerg vs. a group of 12. Rarely do I see true PVP.

In Battlegrounds you have an objective and most battle grounds are preformed groups making battle grounds not so random or fun.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8 years
    8 years, off and on - I basically stop pvp completely while I do the content from new chapters, level an alt or get some OCD compulsion to get some achievement.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years
    Difficult to say… In ESO, off and on in Battlegrounds only at first as my first experience in Cyrodiil was to ride out to join a group, promptly die, respawn, want to leave, cannot find the exit, frustration mounts…
    I was lured back into Cyrodiil in 2020 for the Sorcerer King’s blade furnishing. I ended up joining groups on occasion and enjoying it. I like all three PvP modes (Cyrodiil, IC, and BG), depending on my mood, game state, and especially whether I have a group I play with.

If in total… around ten years, off and on, as I started in my first MMORPG, SWTOR, where I played on a server that also had open world PvP.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 28, 2023 4:03PM
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    Except for the last 8 months where it has been practically zilch
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 years
    About 5 years. I really need to look up how long it's been... It might be longer, but I'd rather not exaggerate.

I'm 35 years old and am happy to have lived through the advent of online gaming. I haven't played a "campaign" in 15 years. Prefer beating people than computers.

MMOs are my favorite type of game. Played EverQuest on PC then switched to EverQuest Online Adventures when it came out for playstation. Went back to PC for WoW, now I'm playing this on Xbox.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 Years
    Is it weird I miss the days when the only place to get lvl160 mats for crafting was to farm IC for them?
    Many of my favorite memories in the game come from the times when IC and the sewers were full of people because there was something required by everyone they could only get there.
    Everywhere you went you knew there could be danger just around the corner and the thought of losing 80% of your Tel Var gave every encounter pulse pounding high stakes.
    But when you failed you could instantly respawn in any district and be back in action in seconds.

Some of my best PvP memories come from those times (after the hectic times from release of IC). Used to have duels setup right outside of the vault in arena pre Duel on interact wheel function. This was in the meta where an ultimate was used when fighting outnumbered, and all you needed was normal abilities to kill people and If you were a tank you did NO damage. And health pools above 23k were rare. Good times...
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the way back to Meridian 59, the world's first MMORPG.

For ESO, since my 1st month of playing back in July 2020.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 years
    Used to be the best part of this game, it is a shame how things turned out for PvP.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 years
    Give or take 3 years. I played PVP before that but it was very on-and-off, and a lot of it was in Under 50.
    PC/EU altaholic | DC Gray Host graveyard shift | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    I’ve been PvPing on and off since the day the game came out.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    7 Years
    I tried PVP shortly after getting the game (2015) and I became hooked.

Edited by Dojohoda on January 28, 2023 6:02PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    Has it really been 8 years? I can't believe it, but I remember back when I played ESO just for the PvP always wanting to do co-op and PvP style combat in an Elder Scrolls game. I sucked really badly, but I knew how to throw down siege and tried to help out in any way I could on my hybrid Nightblade that barely put out 7k DPS :lol:

Edit: I did my math wrong and in April it'll be 8 years for me lol. Still at 7... for now :tongue:
    Edited by Vevvev on January 28, 2023 10:30PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 Years
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I tried PVP shortly after getting the game (2015) and I became hooked.

Same case, and still love Cyro!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8 years
    taugrim wrote: »

Meridian 59, The Realm, Ultima Online

LBlocKO.png
    PC NA
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    on release, I leveled my first toon to max in non-vet pvp.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years

Let's get technical here. The first MMO was Island of Kesmai back in mid 1980's with up to 100 users on at one time.

The first graphical MMO was AOL Neverwinter Nights that ran from 1991-1997 which I had a chance to play and really didn't like.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 years
    I stopped when classic wow/new world came out. I tried to come back but the lag gets me every time lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    I first entered Zerodil in 2015, so that's 8 years technically. But I didn't start doing it full time until 2017. I got GO in 2019, so that was a lot of time sink in those 2 years.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    I was born with a twin brother so you could say i've been PvPing all my life
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 years
    9 years - and it was so awesome in the beginning :)

Hundreds of players rolling over a hill towards the next Keep.

Good times.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭

Let's get technical here. The first MMO was Island of Kesmai back in mid 1980's with up to 100 users on at one time.

The first graphical MMO was AOL Neverwinter Nights that ran from 1991-1997 which I had a chance to play and really didn't like.

My post intentionally said "MMORPG" not "MMO".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_59
    Meridian 59 is a 1996 video game developed by Archetype Interactive and published by The 3DO Company. It was the first 3D graphical massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) and one of the longest running original online role-playing games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_(1991_video_game)
    Neverwinter Nights was the first multiplayer online role-playing game to display graphics, and ran from 1991 to 1997 on AOL.

There's a debate on whether NWN 1991 was "massively multiplayer" or just "multiplayer", given that it didn't reach meaningful scale in terms of players until after M59 and UO surpassed it.
    Edited by taugrim on February 11, 2023 7:18PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)