The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No access Code for logging into account / CONSTANTLY does not recognize IP/device

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    Also unable to login now. Unrecognized browser w/ no access code received after 2 days. Ticket sent. Thanks

Alright I'm up and running again now. It seems if you enter the password wrong it auto asks for an access code sent to your email. But if you can enter the password right after that it will let you in. So if you have an older account and don't quite remember the email / password you're gonna have a hard time.

I'm sooo sorry.
    Edited by Vulkunne on February 1, 2023 9:49PM
    Today victory is still mines. Long Live the Empire. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ayumai

Thanks for your ticket number. Please check your forum inbox.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • dutchy66gamerforlife
    dutchy66gamerforlife
    Soul Shriven
    so guys and girls for everyone that had this problem i can tell you u need to use your game id and not your emailadress that was my issue i had to hear that from a friend after trying every hour for the last 10 hours after not getting a code
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    so guys and girls for everyone that had this problem i can tell you u need to use your game id and not your emailadress that was my issue i had to hear that from a friend after trying every hour for the last 10 hours after not getting a code

Never tried to use my email to log in, I think most don't try that but use their game ID.
    Glad you found your solution though :)
  • Dyngrin
    Dyngrin
    ✭✭✭
    Hoghorn wrote: »
    when it asks me for the code i just shut the game and launcher and retry; it's never asked me for it a second time in a row. the employees should be telling people to try this 1st.

This worked for me. As a developer, imo there is clearly a bug whereby the Access Code Dialog is displayed but no Code is sent because the account login is fine.

While the Access Code Dialog was up, I waited for about 10 minutes and no code was received. So I logged into my account on a browser to confirm the email address. There was no issue logging into the account and the email address was correct. So I closed the game/Access Code Dialog, then ran the game again and was able to login to the game normally.

--Dyn
    Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this thread has gotten slightly away from the original intention.

It was created for having the code required every time logging into ACCOUNT. Yes, I get the code, but I shouldn't have to get one every time I log in, even a day apart. The game isn't storing trusted device information any more and this goes back to last November.

• noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got an email today that my ticket for this issue has been forwarded so can confirm that the devs are now looking into it
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a popup saying the game didn’t recognize my computer and it would be sending me an access code. I waited and waited for the email to come. Never did.

But it dawned on me.

I had entered the wrong password. I had absent mindedly entered a password I use for something else.
    So I backed out and entered the correct password and got in fine.

So my suggestion to anyone having the issue of the game not recognizing your computer… sign into the website to make sure you’re typing your password correctly. LOL. You never know!!
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got a popup saying the game didn’t recognize my computer and it would be sending me an access code. I waited and waited for the email to come. Never did.

But it dawned on me.

I had entered the wrong password. I had absent mindedly entered a password I use for something else.

So my suggestion to anyone having the issue of the game not recognizing your computer… sign into the website to make sure you’re typing your password correctly. LOL. You never know!!

I think that's pretty much been verified in this thread that when getting this while logging into the GAME you need to try again and it is likely a password error on the persons part.

This thread is really about logging into your ACCOUNT, not the game itself, though it has gotten sidetracked somewhat.
  • Ayumai
    Ayumai
    ✭✭
    And issue persist over a week later :/
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile support is telling me things I already have tried. I linked them to this thread. I also told them I had to get the steam version just to be able to log in because the steam version doesn't require access code nonsense
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »

But it dawned on me.

I think that's pretty much been verified in this thread that when getting this while logging into the GAME you need to try again and it is likely a password error on the persons part.

This thread is really about logging into your ACCOUNT, not the game itself, though it has gotten sidetracked somewhat.

Ope! My bad!
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last response I got from Support for this issue on my ticket was December 11th.
    I replied to that one and since has just been silence.
    The last request from them was for a screenshot of the login page to the GAME to verify that I had "Trusted Machine" option chosen, because apparently if that is not chosen then the game won't recognize your machine for logging into your account either. I sent that, with a message that was slightly frustrated, not over the top. They replied to say they were just making sure and would get back to me shortly.
    Silence.
    The ticket has 'expired' or 'timed out' repeatedly and I keep updating it saying the issue persists but there have been no further responses of any kind.
    Guess they are tired of me.
    At any rate, I expect no further progress on this issue, just have to live with it for as long as I'm willing to I suppose.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last response I've gotten is it might be a my end problem which it isn't because all of their suggestions I've tried and I've had the same computer and IP i've always had.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    Last response I've gotten is it might be a my end problem which it isn't because all of their suggestions I've tried and I've had the same computer and IP i've always had.

Yep, zero interest to fix the issue. Or the other one I have with the "linked accts" display always on the account page. Can't get to the account summary page you used to get on accounts unless I buy something. That one is due to... let me see... browser settings (unchanged in a year), browser addons (don't have any), internet service provider in some way - really? And so on. But yet both of these issues started immediately after updates.

I have given up on my tickets.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last response I've gotten recently was to please enter passwords correctly. So it may be a new password related thing? Who knows. Either way they don't have any interest in repairing the issue in the time being it seems :(. Or not enough folk are encountering the issue to make a big deal over it. So far now I'll just use the steam version even though I feel like the connectivity is worse and I'd prefer direct download XD
    Edited by noblecron on February 15, 2023 1:39PM
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Since the most recent maintenance,
    this has been fixed.
    Got the password wrong,
    you now will be told password incorrect
    rather than please enter ACCESS CODE!
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally experienced the infuriating problem of the game deciding that your IP address has changed and forcing you to enter an access code while logging in, only to tell you the code they just sent you was invalid. After at least 10 fruitless attempts to rectify this, I found the problem myself. I had logged out of the game, plugged a flash drive into my PC to help someone figure out an issue with their computer, then tried to log back into the game with the flash drive still plugged in. Once I noticed this and removed the flash drive, I was able to log back into the game with no problems.

While this doesn't explain why ZOS is sending codes that don't work to us to try to secure our accounts, hopefully this will help someone else avoid this frustration.
  • Praetorrus
    Praetorrus
    ✭✭
    I just experienced another bug: with a fresh install if you misspell your account or passoword in login screen, you don't get a error about it, instead you're told that this PC has no access and that code has been sent. But in reality no code is sent even if your account name is right, but password is wrong. Only correct combination of name/password results in a mail with a code being sent. It's very confusing and should be fixed.
  • schnooty
    schnooty
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I got the access code on one account, but after several tries on the other it still isn't working. This started when I tried to purchase Necrom this morning. I did receive a notification window that said an admin changed my password along with an email. The link for changine my password worked for the forums, but my account and game login password is still the old one. I can log into the game, but not my account due to the access code requirement and not receiving the access code email. Apparently, they are having multiple issues this week. I guess I'll wait and see what happens next.
  • schnooty
    schnooty
    ✭✭✭
    The password entered incorrectly statements from people are not the issue. If you enter the wrong password, it tells you that either your username or password is incorrect. If you enter the correct password, it tells you that an access code was emailed to you, but you never get it. This is only happening on one of my two accounts. The other account got the access code email on the first try. This is clearly a bug on their end. It is not user error.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Alastrine

What was your ticket number?

We can check on why the issue wasn't addressed.

It was included in my ticket for not getting access codes but was never addressed. I did start getting the access codes and figured the whole issue was fixed but as it turned out of course, it wasn't. It still isn't. I still need an access code every 24 hours for all 12 of my accounts which is crazy frustrating and why I haven't bothered renewing the Plus on a number of them.

I have started a new ticket but there is no option for this issue in the descriptions. I chose "did not receive access code" which isn't accurate but there isn't anything that suits. I don't hold out any hope that anything will be fixed though. Pretty much given up at this point.

Edit - It gets better. The original ticket for the access code issue isn't even showing in My Support any longer, though I still have the emails I received for it.

Exact same issue I get :'(
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    In searching for workarounds/solutions to this, I have found search results on similar problems going back to 2014. Seems this is not new. But it seems like there is a flurry of these problems, recently.

I too am affected. I have a ticket open, 230304-006080, trying to work these issues.

For me (in retrospect), it started about a month ago, when I began regularly to be prompted on login (most/all game client logins... logging in at elderscrollsonline.com was not affected) for an access code. With perfect/seamless regularity (i.e. not a single exception), no access code email ever arrived, so I closed the client, restarted, and with perfect/seamless regularity was able to re-launch the game client and proceed without being prompted for an access code. Related? I don't know. But it sounds similar to some of the issues being reported in this thread, and it is clearly the same subsystem (i.e. access-code and access-code email related).

Beyond this, everything seemed fine. But looking at my email backlog, the last access code emails I received relevant to my two main accounts were on Jan 26 and Feb 3. (I only recently became interested in accessing my minor accounts, and would like to create a few more, all of which has massively highlighted these problems.) And in the last week, the issues have escalated sharply... and they have become a kind of toxic train wreck in the past 3-4 days.

Right now, I CAN: Log in via the game client to my two main ESO accounts (a combined total of 24 characters at level 50... i.e. a reasonably big investment). This is good! I am waiting for this to change for the worse. Murphy's law guarantees it. At that point, things will be "bad". In the meantime, at least for the moment, I seem to be able to access and play the game. But I won't be able to buy crowns, or any of the other things Zenimax would like us to do.

Right now, I CAN'T: Log in to any of my accounts beyond the two main ones (I am prompted for an access code but never receive an access code email), Log in to any of my accounts of any kind at elderscrollsonline.com (I am prompted for an access code but never receive an access code email), or create a new account (I never receive an account activation email).

I also have an account for which I attempted password recovery (several times), which apparently/repeatedly succeeded all the way through to issuing a "password recovery successful" email (and along the way the process successfully detected when I supplied new passwords that had already been used... generally minutes earlier, in fact, as I psychotically attempted to repeat the process hoping for a different result)... but I was never able to log into this account using any supposedly successful recovered/reset password. Credentials just confirmed as successful invariably failed. (I have a ticket open on that as well, but have not received a response yet... and its been a few days. Perhaps there are higher priorities for the support team right now.) Related? I don't know.

I have accounts (existing, and have attempted to create new ones) associated with email addresses at two completely different/separate browser-accessed email service providers (Yahoo Mail and GMail, specifically). I suspect changing the email addresses associated with ANY of these accounts will affect NOTHING. I VERY STRONGLY SUSPECT the "real problem" will need to be solved first.

I have tried everything relevant in the Support articles to which we are directed when these problems occur. NOTHING has worked. (And suggesting we do things to our firewalls and virus protection, when browser-oriented email service providers are simply not receiving emails... I have trouble seeing that as relevant.)

This is very close to being a complete show stopper. I VERY STRONGLY SUSPECT something big is going on, of an infrastructure nature, and that calls for an infrastructure solution (or maybe it is small, but is proving to be a cryptic snipe hunt... all of us who have ever worked in technology know what that is like). Sending people one at a time to the ticket system, where they are prompted for information proving account ownership/etc, and changing the email addresses associated with the affected account... is likely ALSO NOT RELEVANT.

I will pursue my ticket in the hope that someone suggests something that somehow works. I will even acquiesce to changing the email addresses associated with my accounts (I can always change them back, once this ordeal is over).

Hopefully I am wrong, but after surveying this thread, I VERY STRONGLY SUSPECT none of it will be meaningful until the "real problem" (whatever it is) is isolated and addressed.

My $0.02.
    Edited by Aca2017 on March 6, 2023 2:31AM
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alastrine

What was your ticket number?

We can check on why the issue wasn't addressed.

It was included in my ticket for not getting access codes but was never addressed. I did start getting the access codes and figured the whole issue was fixed but as it turned out of course, it wasn't. It still isn't. I still need an access code every 24 hours for all 12 of my accounts which is crazy frustrating and why I haven't bothered renewing the Plus on a number of them.

I have started a new ticket but there is no option for this issue in the descriptions. I chose "did not receive access code" which isn't accurate but there isn't anything that suits. I don't hold out any hope that anything will be fixed though. Pretty much given up at this point.

Edit - It gets better. The original ticket for the access code issue isn't even showing in My Support any longer, though I still have the emails I received for it.

Exact same issue I get :'(
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now

I have changed my email to try to get the code...
    Made things worst... (not thank you Zos)
    Cannot event login back to my web account anymore.

What a mess, what a loss of time for something so trivial.
    Really.

Been playing since beta, not as if I did not know how it works.
    Now I am out of game and out of web account too.
    Will I be able to post this answer or am I out of web forums too ?
    Let's see.

Since there is no vocal help, how to solve this ?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aca2017 - Please check your forum inbox for an update.

@EnOeZ - Do you have an open ticket? If so, what is your ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    @Aca2017 - Please check your forum inbox for an update

I am receiving nothing on any of my tickets. At this point I have no choice but to conclude they have been silently allowed to expire.

As we speak:
    • I am not receiving access code emails on any of my accounts
    • I am not receiving account activation emails on the new account I want to create
    • the password recovery process appears to work on the account I want to recover, up to and including a confirmation email informing me my password has successfully been changed, but the new password doesn't work
    • I cannot log in to elderscrollsonline.com on any of my accounts... I am prompted for an access code but never receive any access code email... which means I can't log in and look at my tickets... I have to wait for an email response (which so far has never been forthcoming)
    • I cannot get ESO to dialog with me on any of these problems in a timely fashion, the tickets are apparently ignored until they expire
    • All of these problems are reliably repeatable
    On the assumption that a ticket documenting all of this at once will be "too much", I will choose just one of these problems, related to a single account, and open a new ticket on Monday, March 13.

Given the likelihood I will be ignored, I will construct a form letter that I can just cut/paste into new tickets, and I will just keep opening a new ticket every ~72 hours until ESO has the inclination to respond and attempt to address my problem.

Assuming I can get that one problem on that one account resolved, I can then pick one problem on another single account and file a ticket on that.

<Sigh>... this is going to take a while.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aca2017

After reviewing the ticket, Support just recently in the past day responded back to your ticket. You can read and update your support tickets by going to "My Support"
    Staff Post
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    @Aca2017

After reviewing the ticket, Support just recently in the past day responded back to your ticket. You can read and update your support tickets by going to "My Support"

Yes, well, the ticket ESO Support chose to honor (230304-003369) is for the account that could not be activated (no account activation email). I cannot log in to that account, whether generally at elderscrollsonline.com, or at "My Support"... the account has never been activated. I can find no way to access tickets directly via ticket number. As things stand, as far as I can determine, I will never be able to access anything ESO Support might have to say on this ticket at "My Support".

Beyond that, whatever ESO Support did in regards to this ticket did not generate a response to me in email. I have not received any email from ESO Support related to this ticket since March 4.

To reiterate: I have been unable to engage with ESO Support coherently. In practical terms, ESO Support has been unresponsive. I will file a new ticket on Monday, March 13. I will attempt to make it clear (again), that I cannot currently access my accounts at elderscrollsonline.com, whether generally or at "My Support". I will request all communication be done through email. I will insure I have only 1 ticket active at any given time, relevant to a single issue on a single account. I am prepared for substantial time/effort to work through all the problems I am having with all of my accounts.

Anyway, thanks for trying.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are 2 having the same problems

I can't have the mail to recover my forgotten password and the other person don't have the email to have her access code.

I tried some things but nothing changed I never receive an email.

And 2 persons having this problem at the same time?? [snip] how it can be?

I finally connected using my Steam linked account. And the moment I connected to my TESO account then I received the mails. Seem totally bugged

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 11, 2023 5:17PM
This discussion has been closed.