The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Reinforced Dwarfglass Window

Lugaldu
Lugaldu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There are many housing enthusiasts among us who are still disappointed that this window is tied to a dungeon achievement, especially a dungeon that is difficult and almost impossible to complete without a group.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626631/request-new-structural-elements-for-existing-styles#latest

@ZOS_Kevin It would be really nice if there was an adequate window that could be obtained in another way!

ujn9cxuo3dlf.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 4, 2023 6:31PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused, but isn't it tied to just a normal difficulty clear?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on PC (either NA/EU) OP? If so I can help running the dungeon. Back on topic, I'm all for them adding more windows, but I also think it's nice that achievement furnishings have a special design, and they are not just another boring banner.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normal difficulty, yes, but even that isn't comparable to the difficulty of the older dungeons on normal, which you can also do solo or with two people and with CP around 1500.
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Are you on PC (either NA/EU) OP? If so I can help running the dungeon.

PC EU, thanks!

Edited by Lugaldu on February 4, 2023 9:20AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

PC EU, thanks!

Sure thing, I will send you a DM.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first saw complaints about this, I assumed it must be locked behind a Challenger achievement (most of which I don’t have yet). Even if you’re less experienced with this content, it’s all doable working together as a group — I remember struggling through Depths of Malatar first on normal and then on vet, and it took some time, but victory was all the sweeter!

But if anyone on PC NA needs help completing a dungeon on normal or vet, send me a message here or in game and I will do my best to organize a group to help. :)
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there might be other people willing to get a clear I'd also help on PC EU, if our times would align. More windows the better.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On this topic I think it's important to bear in mind a couple of things.

1. Many, many players do not play ESO in groups. At all. And whether people understand that or not is not material to the discussion (no one has said that here, but typically in discussions of this kind, answers on this forum degenerate into "well they should because I do").

2. Graven Deep is a really quite difficult dungeon to solo, including on normal. And yes, it will be achievable if you play ESO day-in, day-out and have a very high CP level as a result. There are a lot of such players in this forum. But that is far from the whole player base of the game and for anyone else, no, it is not easy to solo.

3. A lot of solo players do housing. Unsurprisingly given that housing is probably the most obviously solo activity in the game.

4. At the time of release, the Dwarfglass window was literally the only transparent window in the game unless you count the Alinor greenhouse or the display cases, neither of which are recognisably windows. Even now, there is only one other transparent window -- the High Isle vibrant turquoise one.

I'm all for unique furnishings rewarded for group content (there is that gorgeous Sunspire door, for example). But it should not have been the single example of a basic housing feature that has been among the most requested furnishings since housing was launched (transparent windows) and, given the paucity of choice in windows, it really should not still be locked behind a seriously hard dungeon to this day.

Every so often ZOS put something in the game that seems to be pushing solo players to do group gameplay. I don't know why this happens, whether it's by accident or by design, but we've seen time and again that it doesn't work. Solo players want to play solo and ESO is arguably the MMO that most successfully and avowedly accommodates both types of player while promising that they won't have to wade into the stuff they don't want. Solo players are not going to change because a carrot is waved in front of their noses, they'll just get irritated.

Whether the Dwarfglass window will ever be changed is I suppose a different point. Objections were raised when it first turned up on the public test server and still it was tied to Graven Deep on release.
    Edited by Northwold on February 5, 2023 1:42PM