Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: new structural elements for existing styles

Northwold
Northwold
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been plotting out what to do with Potentate's and have run into a problem I've had before: there are lots of things I want to do to the pool with structural items, but the structural elements I'd need to do them are in completely the wrong stone / style / colour, and no equivalent exists for the style I'd want to use.

I wonder, when new furnishings are released, whether it would be possible to dedicate a portion of the release to new items in the *previous* styles, not just the style of the most recent update.

For instance, we now have a bright blue window from High Isle. But we haven't got windows for anywhere else that are transparent. But it goes well beyond that into eg wall elements, archways and doorways (and, indeed, doors) that you can get in any shade of irregularly constructed grey or bright white, but not in deeper colours unless you want to go daedric.

Housing is a big deal for me and, I imagine, others in the game. It would be nice to see new furnishings added as the game evolved the types of structures available in *all* the styles, rather than, say, getting one dump of materials for Elsweyr and if what you want isn't in there then you'll never get it.

PS Also if the 2024 chapter can adopt a Georgian neoclassical sandstone style with clean stonework (as in more or less regular, not completely textureless) and less froufrou detailing I'd be very grateful. It would look pretty weird in ESO but... Housing. :-D
Edited by Northwold on January 31, 2023 12:39PM
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree and second the motion!

There are some absolutely brilliant items in the base game that never made it to any kind of furnishing store. I'm especially thinking of some of the blacksmithing resources.

I'd love to see some of the base game items getting released.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE for more structural pieces in the various Dunmer styles and Alinor style, as well as windows, doors, and rooves in Khajiiti / Elsweyr style!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something many housing fans want for years!

There is no answer on this. I believe the housing team is quite small, and the big bucks are on systems and other areas of development. Probably housing exists because people buy these new 100$ houses. Released furnishings are always limited and lack important items. To me it is frustrating how they release incomplete sets of furnishings, like you can't build a proper roof with the new furnishing theme or can't make a proper house without mixing all styles together.

Probably they design it this way... they don't want you to have everything so you keep wanting for more. A flawed toy by design.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would also love to see many of the old structural furnishings become accessible.
    Regarding the transparent windows, what still bugs me the most is that those awesome reinforced dwarfglass windows are tied to the dungeon achievement.

I'm also considering what to do with Potentates retreat pool area and my favorite color combination, if I want to keep the Elsweyr style, is Fargrave-Elsweyr structures.

kqiimoj3ro13.jpg

93euh3rcbx3q.jpg

• Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I would also love to see many of the old structural furnishings become accessible.
    Regarding the transparent windows, what still bugs me the most is that those awesome reinforced dwarfglass windows are tied to the dungeon achievement.

I'm also considering what to do with Potentates retreat pool area and my favorite color combination, if I want to keep the Elsweyr style, is Fargrave-Elsweyr structures.

It's actually the Fargrave thing that's bugging me in that I don't want to have to use Fargrave on mine, but for some of the things I want to do there's essentially no other option. The Fargrave style is a great style but everything is big, bold and beige, which isn't what I'd had in mind.

Yes the dwarfglass window thing is seriously annoying!
    Edited by Northwold on February 1, 2023 10:03AM
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    At least for the Graven Deep windows, you can unlock them just by doing the dungeon on normal.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least for the Graven Deep windows, you can unlock them just by doing the dungeon on normal.

Isn't it reputed to be the hardest dungeon in the game? Certainly, I can't even get past the first boss yet solo!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, but you need a group for doing so and I don´t want to end up in a toxic random group which throws me out after a few minutes because they don´t like my playstyle.

So far, I wasn´t able to get the achievement, exactly because of this reason:
    Northwold wrote: »
    Isn't it reputed to be the hardest dungeon in the game? Certainly, I can't even get past the first boss yet solo!

Edited by Lugaldu on February 2, 2023 7:40AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think having achievement furniture for group dungeons is okay as a concept, but it should be decorative trophy-like items only (like a statue or an artifact), nothing as basic as windows.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would love to get Vvardenfell chapter structural furnishing pieces someday.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Yes, but you need a group for doing so and I don´t want to end up in a toxic random group which throws me out after a few minutes because they don´t like my playstyle.

So far, I wasn´t able to get the achievement, exactly because of this reason:

What server are you on? I haven’t played that dungeon yet because I would rather do a more in-depth, discover the story and secrets playthrough first, and it’s not always feasible to find a group for that. But if you’re on PC NA, I can see if any of my contacts for story dungeon runs would be interested! :smiley:
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What server are you on? I haven’t played that dungeon yet because I would rather do a more in-depth, discover the story and secrets playthrough first, and it’s not always feasible to find a group for that. But if you’re on PC NA, I can see if any of my contacts for story dungeon runs would be interested! :smiley:

That´s really kind, thank you! I am PC EU though.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Graven Deep is quite soloable on normal and you can have your companion tank it. The first boss, let your companion handle tanking it. And focus on the rings of poison beneath your feet so they don't stack up. If you send the poison down the little blue guar looking things hills the poison goes away.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 2, 2023 10:15PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like the stones of custom builds to match the house (unless I'm completely changing the look), so I'm all for having more structural material from older styles (especially when there's a plethora of already existing assets in the game that we don't have as furnishings).
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Graven Deep is quite soloable on normal and you can have your companion tank it. The first boss, let your companion handle tanking it. And focus on the rings of poison beneath your feet so they don't stack up. If you send the poison down the little blue guar looking things hills the poison goes away.

Thanks for the tips! I think it's quite soloable if you have quite a high CP level and a fully levelled companion. I'm just above 900 and can get the Euphotic Gatekeeper to about 55% before I get obliterated!! Bastian is long dead by that point! It's the bristle barrage -- the crazy powerful attack -- that seems to be the problem. One failed block and I'm dead, whatever gear/skills/champion points remix i try. I'm going to leave it for now because the frustration of getting the boss to 1% and then dying would be too much.

It really wasn't reasonable to put the only transparent window in the game at the time behind a dungeon like that.
    Edited by Northwold on February 3, 2023 5:53PM