The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How much will zos charge us if it makes class tokens available?

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    $100 worth of crowns
    Kisakee wrote: »
    This horse has been beaten to death, resurrected, beaten again, resurrected again, shattered into pieces, rebuilt with cement and new flesh from a flesh atronach to start all over so many times, it's not even funny anymore..

How about this: You' ll get your class change token but EVERYTHING gets reset - all skill lines, all character specific achievements, all riding lessons, your PvP rank, all quests including dungeons, raids and anything anywhere else. Like you would start a real new character. Would you be happy with that? Nothing to complain about, you keep your character and your name so you get what you asked for!

While I see no point in Zenimax offering a class change token as most MMORPG players roll multiple toons across multiple classes anyhow. But the dead horse argument falls flat in ESO. While Zenimax has never, and should never, consider and implement most ideas, they have added a few that were requested time and time again. Alliance-locked campaigns, race change tokens, account-wide achievements, and guild skill lines are all examples of this.

It also serves little purpose to negotiate with other players in the forums as to how such a token will work as Zenimax will design it as they see fit. It is also highly unlikely that Zenimax would even consider such punitive measures as suggested in the quoted post since it makes no sense for a company to punish customers in such a manner. It will likely cost a pretty penny if ever implemented but that will be the extent of how punitive it would be.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how much I think they should charge
    They should not do a class change token, but more a token to level up straight to 50, so that we can create a new char for the different class while skipping the leveling up.

Since this alternative would be by far easier to implement than a class change (technically, no modification of existing concept), implementation cost wouldn't be too high with no need for a high price to compensate.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    This horse has been beaten to death, resurrected, beaten again, resurrected again, shattered into pieces, rebuilt with cement and new flesh from a flesh atronach to start all over so many times, it's not even funny anymore..

How about this: You' ll get your class change token but EVERYTHING gets reset - all skill lines, all character specific achievements, all riding lessons, your PvP rank, all quests including dungeons, raids and anything anywhere else. Like you would start a real new character. Would you be happy with that? Nothing to complain about, you keep your character and your name so you get what you asked for!

While I see no point in Zenimax offering a class change token as most MMORPG players roll multiple toons across multiple classes anyhow. But the dead horse argument falls flat in ESO. While Zenimax has never, and should never, consider and implement most ideas, they have added a few that were requested time and time again. Alliance-locked campaigns, race change tokens, account-wide achievements, and guild skill lines are all examples of this.

It also serves little purpose to negotiate with other players in the forums as to how such a token will work as Zenimax will design it as they see fit. It is also highly unlikely that Zenimax would even consider such punitive measures as suggested in the quoted post since it makes no sense for a company to punish customers in such a manner. It will likely cost a pretty penny if ever implemented but that will be the extent of how punitive it would be.

They implemented things that actually made sense, a class change token doesn't fall in that category as there are so many reasons to not do it.

Also i'm not negotiating but trying to make people stop asking for it. Even with an official answer that it's simply impossible by now and that there are no plans on changing that they still go on and on.. I just want it to stop for good.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About tree fiddy
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, we don't all want a class change token. I'm 100% against it... biased poll. Hope they never make one, as it allows players to skip playing the game. And multiple other reasons as to why not.

And if ZOS does ever make a class change token and charge for it, it should come with heavy restrictions: Only usable once per year, can only change to a class we already have at max level, and in case of a new class it should only be possible to class change to that new class two years after that class was released. For costs: They should be atleast 100.000 (100k) crowns, as the price has to include all the parts of the game the player is skipping.

But as I said, class change goes against everything an MMO stands for. As it allows the skipping of actually playing the game. And it would completely diminish the point of ZOS releasing new content.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20 worth of crowns
    I would just make a new character if I wanted a new class, why waste money on a token?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    $100 worth of crowns
    Amottica wrote: »

They implemented things that actually made sense, a class change token doesn't fall in that category as there are so many reasons to not do it.

Also i'm not negotiating but trying to make people stop asking for it. Even with an official answer that it's simply impossible by now and that there are no plans on changing that they still go on and on.. I just want it to stop for good.

The how about this seemed to be offering how such a token would work as though it was negotiating. Either way, it is doubtful Zenimax would consider doing it that way for the reasons I stated.

It is also Zenimax's status quo to surprisingly implement things many thought they would not for reasons such as how easy it is to level up a character and such. Yet they did.

• logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭
    nothing they said they couldn't do it for a variety of reasons; can we please leave the dead horse alone now.
    Edited by logan68 on February 5, 2023 6:09PM
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    $20 worth of crowns
    Hold up why are there people AGAINST class change tokens? If you don't want to use it, fine. But how does having them around for players who would use them harm your gameplay in any way? They would be no different than every main that already exists right now.
    My one out of probably millions of sorc mains could just be changed to instead be one out of probably millions of templar mains.

What is your issue? Do you fear people would swap to the "highest performing class" every major update? If so, what's truly so bad about that?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your soul
    Malyore wrote: »
    What is your issue? Do you fear people would swap to the "highest performing class" every major update? If so, what's truly so bad about that?

It creates pay to win pressure on people where currently there is none.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $35 give or take.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That isn't what players are asking for. Players want to keep everything they earned. Because not everyone has the time to invest into many characters.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on February 6, 2023 2:25PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Malyore wrote: »

It creates pay to win pressure on people where currently there is none.

It also diverts scarce developer resources from other things, at a time when new content is being cut back already, and as it involves a major structural change to the game there's every chance of unforeseen consequences occurring - which is exactly what happened when ZOS decided to change the achievements to account-wide.
  • Spawn186
    Spawn186
    ✭✭
    Free
    Free, like you change your weapon or stam magicka choice or respec your skill, or delete your vampire and werewolf ligne
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind seeing all classes go away and just have skill trees to mix and match from. ;)

95449a7e-3c67-4ec5-a712-1fa133da7451_text.gif

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+