The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How much will zos charge us if it makes class tokens available?

Fingolfinn01
Fingolfinn01
✭✭✭✭
We all want a class change token, though how much do you think zos will charge us if they solve the technical challenges that they believe will be difficult.
PC-NA

How much will zos charge us if it makes class tokens available? 88 votes

Free
4%
AvalonRangerSpawn186sau02adgErai_sedai 4 votes
$10 worth of crowns
3%
hashiiEinher2137Hist Mother 3 votes
$20 worth of crowns
11%
philips666_18b16_ESOrobwolf666meekmikoSilverIce58N3CR01HroltharMalyorefestegiosAndrorixLemvel 10 votes
$50 worth of crowns
34%
Kikazarudaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOWuffyCeruleiZigoSidVriendafreespiritflizomicaphaneub17_ESOShagrethKingArthasMenethilClyde_BlueSnakeMartoMikeSkyrim333TiberXRaddlemanNumber7emilyhyoyeonpikHzFluffyReachWitchRedBranchRadagastThePink 30 votes
$100 worth of crowns
12%
AektannElsonsojad11mumblerMirelaUmbrellaBretonMageedward_frigidhandsAmotticafrancesinhaloverFeedbackOnlyVictorDragonslayerjoergino 11 votes
Your soul
26%
StxChad.Seversonb14_ESOIdinuseshadyjane62Vevvevlillybitwolfie1.0.AztriasFakeFoxnotyuulemonizzleHotdog_23spartaxoxoAnumarilsmackinhippiesMelivarDirtyDeeds765Araneae6537LugalduEmilyElizabethESO 23 votes
This is how much I think they should charge
7%
ThorntongueNeKryXeDMuehlhausenMEBengalsFan2001ZodiarkslayerDreamyLuBobargus 7 votes
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $50 worth of crowns
    I would guess 5000-10000 crowns to change class
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the assumption that Account Wide Achievements was your "class change" in this game...

you're no longer "tied" to a main character that's locked into a class.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on how much it costs to fully deck out a new character (with skill lines, mount training, and skyshards), it almost has to be at least $150 and I don't think $300 would be out of the question.

Also, we don't all want a class change token, and some of us don't even want it to be available to others.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on February 4, 2023 2:11PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care because I wouldn't ever use one.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    pizsfeufcfdo.png

Only because I am tired of seeing these posts
  • Robvenom
    Robvenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all of us want class change tokens.
    Puppet the Peanut - Templar Tank/Healer
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They aren't going to make class change tokens available.

Posted just 3 days ago in one of the many other threads currently active on this topic:
    Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we do not have any plans on implementing class changes tokens at this time. There are a number of technical challenges with implementing them, and it would take a significant amount of time to solve these challenges efficiently and safely.

(click on the tiny double arrow at the top of the quote to be taken to the thread from whence the post came.)

PC/NA Warden Main
    • Red_Feather
      Red_Feather
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      (click on the tiny double arrow at the top of the quote to be taken to the thread from whence the post came.)
      Oh wow, I learned something new about the forums. Thank you! I didn't know it did that. 😲

• XSTRONG
      XSTRONG
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      $50 worth of crowns
      Robvenom wrote: »
      Not all of us want class change tokens.

Same here i dont want it, I think the devs want players to play the game as its intended meaning sometimes you have to put in some work for a new char.

No one is forcing us to play the new class.
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We all want a class change token

Absolutely false.

Fortunately, it isn't happening.

• Bobargus
      Bobargus
      ✭✭✭✭
      They should charge for free, and make it work in-game, instead of logging out and all that stuff.

Because i love my khajiit nightblade main, to the death.
    • Zodiarkslayer
      Zodiarkslayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      3000 Crowns
      read, think and write.In that order.
    • phaneub17_ESO
      phaneub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      $50 worth of crowns
      5000 Crowns, with a cooldown of 30 days.

Changing your class, you start with level 1 on all your class skills as you technically haven't leveled any of them unless you change back to a class you have been previously. It would work like losing and regaining Werewolf or Vampire in that regards. You go from Templar with skill level 50 in Aedric Spear to Dragon Knight with skill level 1 in Ardent Flame, your character's level won't change though.
    • Cazador
      Cazador
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Irrelevant since they have no plans to implement them anyway.
    • Vrienda
      Vrienda
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      $50 worth of crowns
      pizsfeufcfdo.png

Only because I am tired of seeing these posts

Interesting,. I'd figured there'd be technical issues. I'd love ZOS to give us a more detailed idea as to why.

On topic I -hope- it'd be free, maybe with a gold charge and they instead sell tokens to mitigate the gold cost but in reality it'd be very costly, 5000 crowns or so.
      Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    • Dr_Con
      Dr_Con
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It should be free, it would increase player involvement and give people different things to do per character.
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dr_Con wrote: »
      It should be free, it would increase player involvement and give people different things to do per character.

What different things? People are mainly talking about changing the class of their main, on whom they'd have already done everything, which is why they want the token in the first place so they don't have to repeat it all (quests wouldn't be available a second time on that character anyway). The only thing they'd need to do is level up the new class skills and my guess is they'd mostly do that at a dolmen. Some will want to PvP, but my hunch is they wouldn't enter Cyrodiil without first getting the class skills up.
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thank god it won't happen (it's a terrible idea), but it would have to cost at least as much as a character slot, since you'd be avoiding paying for one to have a new character. But it would obviously be more than that, since it would give a lot more 'savings' than just a slot.

If you want to do different things, nothing is stopping you from making another character. Unless you have max character slots already, but if that's the case you have 18 different things to do already.
    • Thormar
      Thormar
      ✭✭✭✭
      January 2016:
      ZOS official comment on Account wide Achievements, AWA.
      ZOS wrote: »
      Thanks for your feedback on this, everyone. While we understand this is something that many of you would like to see implemented, unfortunately we do not currently have plans to change how achievements are earned. Altering how this works is no small feat, and we are currently focused on fixing Cyrodiil performance and bringing you some really cool, new features for the game. We do appreciate your thoughts on this, though.

As for moderation messaging appearing without an icon on threads, or using a different icon, this is something we can explore for the future.

Feb 2023:
      ZOS official comment on Class change Tokens, CCT.
      Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we do not have any plans on implementing class changes tokens at this time. There are a number of technical challenges with implementing them, and it would take a significant amount of time to solve these challenges efficiently and safely.

The January 2016 official comment shows that for a number of years ZOS did not intend to implement AWA, pointing out that "Altering how this works is no small feat".
      For reasons we aren't privy to and imo are in no position to demand, we did get AWA. Well received by many, not so well received by many.

Similarly, the February 2023 official comment is that ZOS does not intend to implement CCT, due to "technical challenges" that can't be safely and efficiently solved in reasonable time.
      Worth noting imo is the "acknowledgement" that the CCT position is not set in stone, hence "at this time".

What if I go north? Disappear.
      Would you come after me?
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thormar wrote: »
      January 2016:
      ZOS official comment on Account wide Achievements, AWA.
      Thanks for your feedback on this, everyone. While we understand this is something that many of you would like to see implemented, unfortunately we do not currently have plans to change how achievements are earned. Altering how this works is no small feat, and we are currently focused on fixing Cyrodiil performance and bringing you some really cool, new features for the game. We do appreciate your thoughts on this, though.

As for moderation messaging appearing without an icon on threads, or using a different icon, this is something we can explore for the future.

Feb 2023:
      ZOS official comment on Class change Tokens, CCT.

The January 2016 official comment shows that for a number of years ZOS did not intend to implement AWA, pointing out that "Altering how this works is no small feat".
      For reasons we aren't privy to and imo are in no position to demand, we did get AWA. Well received by many, not so well received by many.

Similarly, the February 2023 official comment is that ZOS does not intend to implement CCT, due to "technical challenges" that can't be safely and efficiently solved in reasonable time.
      Worth noting imo is the "acknowledgement" that the CCT position is not set in stone, hence "at this time".

ZOS told us in the end that they made the achievements change to reduce the size of the database, not because some people wanted it. Given that a class change token would add a new class to a character and their needing to retain the original class data in case of problems with the changeover or the player wanting to reinstate the original class the likelihood is that it would increase the size of the database. In any event, it was over 6 years between them saying they weren't implementing AwA and actually doing so.

However, bearing in mind that in order to implement AwA and meet the aim of reducing the database, ZOS stripped out the whole of the original character data in a way that couldn't be reverted, it's possible that if they did introduce class change tokens it would be on the basis that if you switched to a new class all the old class data would be permanently lost, meaning that if you didn't like the new class you'd have to buy another token to switch to the old class and start it from scratch again. These are the sort of technical issues that arise when structural changes are made to the game, and they're also the reason why others often advise people to be careful what they wish for, it seldom turns out as they imagined it would.
      Edited by Tandor on February 4, 2023 9:42PM
    • Dr_Con
      Dr_Con
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »

What different things? People are mainly talking about changing the class of their main, on whom they'd have already done everything, which is why they want the token in the first place so they don't have to repeat it all (quests wouldn't be available a second time on that character anyway). The only thing they'd need to do is level up the new class skills and my guess is they'd mostly do that at a dolmen. Some will want to PvP, but my hunch is they wouldn't enter Cyrodiil without first getting the class skills up.

Players should be allowed to switch to a sorc on weekdays and dk on the weekends without having to dump crowns in the store. People have been acting like they've been beaten into submission in begging for exorbitantly priced class change tokens when they should be expecting better.
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Players should be allowed to switch to a sorc on weekdays and dk on the weekends without having to dump crowns in the store.

They can. It's called having a sorc and a DK in two of their character slots.

Yes, yes, Final Fantasy lets you "job change". That's a rarity among MMOs, not the standard. (plus, don't you still need to level/train/etc each job?) The point of these games is to be a big time sink. They want you to spend more time. If you're not going to, you have to pay to avoid it.

(personally, I think the idea of paying to NOT play a game is absurd. The fact that anyone buys horse training books, skill lines, skyshards, etc... is just incomprehensible. Why would I ever waste $ on that, when I can get it all in-game?)
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      $100 worth of crowns
      Tandor wrote: »
      However, bearing in mind that in order to implement AwA and meet the aim of reducing the database, ZOS stripped out the whole of the original character data in a way that couldn't be reverted, it's possible that if they did introduce class change tokens it would be on the basis that if you switched to a new class all the old class data would be permanently lost, meaning that if you didn't like the new class you'd have to buy another token to switch to the old class and start it from scratch again. These are the sort of technical issues that arise when structural changes are made to the game, and they're also the reason why others often advise people to be careful what they wish for, it seldom turns out as they imagined it would.

Oddly enough, the old data is apparently still there. I am not exactly sure what benefit they got from doing this if they just left the database there. Maybe it is only used at login to initialize the real database, but that data is still there. They have made no comments to indicate that it will be deleted any time soon.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Thormar
      Thormar
      ✭✭✭✭
      I cannot speak for ZOS, only highlighting their publicly stated positions.
      In 2016, they stated a position, on AWA, which they later decided to change.
      Interestingly this time round even as they state their CCT position, they acknowledge it isn't set in stone "just wanted to let you all know that we do not have any plans on implementing class changes tokens at this time".

I do not have any knowledge on how ESO handles and stores character data. I can't therefore state here that I know for a fact what ZOS's eventual decision will be regarding CCT.

What if I go north? Disappear.
      Would you come after me?
    • bmnoble
      bmnoble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You have to take into account how big the target customer base is for the tokens and how much it costs on ZOS's end to actually make the class tokens work.

There might be quite a few people who want a class change token or are not opposed to adding one, that is not the same as everyone planning to make use of a class token, is there even going to be enough demand for them to make back the money to implement the option.

Would not surprise me at all if it ends up costing as much as one of those max size crown packs per token.
    • Stx
      Stx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Your soul
      To all the drones repeating over and over that they have no plans to implement them, Blizzard said the same thing about classic WoW, they said it was a hard no. And look where we are now. Classic wow revitalized the game.

Never believe an absolute.
    • NeKryXe
      NeKryXe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It should be 3000 crowns like changing races.

But I still think that we shouldn't be able to change races. Changing classes makes a lot of sense and it's quite interesting in a RPG way, but allowing to change races is a complete nonsense. I will never understand why we still can't change classes and we can change the races. Just ridiculous.

Edited by NeKryXe on February 4, 2023 11:08PM
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      $100 worth of crowns
      There's ways to do it without class Change token.

The legitimate way is trade crowns for gold then use gold to get someone to power level you in the arena in murkmire

You can be level 50 in less than hour

Discord.gg/tce
      Edited by FeedbackOnly on February 4, 2023 11:23PM
    • Amottica
      Amottica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      $100 worth of crowns
      tmbrinks wrote: »
      I was under the assumption that Account Wide Achievements was your "class change" in this game...

you're no longer "tied" to a main character that's locked into a class.

This is a good point.
    • Kisakee
      Kisakee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This horse has been beaten to death, resurrected, beaten again, resurrected again, shattered into pieces, rebuilt with cement and new flesh from a flesh atronach to start all over so many times, it's not even funny anymore..

How about this: You' ll get your class change token but EVERYTHING gets reset - all skill lines, all character specific achievements, all riding lessons, your PvP rank, all quests including dungeons, raids and anything anywhere else. Like you would start a real new character. Would you be happy with that? Nothing to complain about, you keep your character and your name so you get what you asked for!
      "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson