Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AD cheating in growing numbers on PS4\PS5

jerj6925
jerj6925
✭✭✭✭
AD is cheating in huge numbers by glitching through broken mile gates, they are supposed to be impassable when destroyed but more and more AD players are learning how to glitch through the center thus cheating. this has been going on for months and I know lots of people are reporting players for doing this yet... these players are never removed from the game.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is your biggest concern about pvp on ps4/5 I envy you tbh....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are only impassible from one direction. Are you sure they aren't on the passable side of the gate?
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PVP, but am very curious. How can AD glitch through gates but other alliances can't? I remember a few months ago about some alliance abusing low population credits by going into the delves at counting time(?) I know Cyrodill has many bugs, but this just amuses me since it seems like it would be difficult to do on purpose.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    They are only impassible from one direction. Are you sure they aren't on the passable side of the gate?

Yes watching them glitch through the gate.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

Yes watching them glitch through the gate.

Record and report.

• jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    I don't PVP, but am very curious. How can AD glitch through gates but other alliances can't? I remember a few months ago about some alliance abusing low population credits by going into the delves at counting time(?) I know Cyrodill has many bugs, but this just amuses me since it seems like it would be difficult to do on purpose.

The Mile gates between DC and AD are set up so that if DC takes down the center AD can not pass through them with out cheating. the gates between DC and EP are set up so that if EP takes down center DC can not pass through, then there are bridges between AD and EP and if you destroy them ... I think anyone can cross there.

Anyway I know the developers are not going to do anything about programable devices people are cheating with but this should be something they can deal with... I am getting to the point where I may make my own order and just fight fire with fire.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm AD on PS5 and I haven't noticed this.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This must be why the AD (my preferred faction for all my high elf alts) was always on the losing end when I went in when I played on the PS4.

Right....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly with the lag I have been seeing in GH, I wouldn't be surprised if the gate was fixed on their end.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD cheating ? Noooooo, now if you said DC I would believe you but AD ?
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you can still get to the other side, when you go around! Even if all 3 gates or bridges are broken, there is always a tunnel or small wooden bridge that you can use. Takes you 2 minutes. You don't have to wait in front of a destroyed gate/bridge for the rest of the evening...

Second, i don't think it should be called cheating or glitching when you know how to jump over the river between Sejanus and Alessia. And finding a way to jump over the remains of a broken milegate, step by step, doesn't make you a cheater either. Everyone can do it, it can be a little complicated, it will probably take you longer than just going around, and Meatbags and other siegeweapons can make it hard to succeed. There in no glitching and cheating involved. Jumping on the walls of a keep from the outside, that's cheating.

Asking for players to be banned from the game always seems a little extreme. Especially when there is nothing wrong with the way they are playing. But some people see cheats and conspiracies everwhere.

Maybe there is a completely different way that i haven't seen yet. Then i am sorry for wasting your time.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bother glitching, just go through the goat path tunnel.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can never find that path at the chalman gate...

heck, I think the only ones I ever can remember is the gate by kingcrest and chorrol gate...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping through a broken gate has happened on PC too. To be honest, most of the time just going though the tunnel saves time. Or even repairing the gate. Looks to me that some enjpy of the challenge it gives to precise those jumps
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the last time AD won a GH Campaign on PS, cheating or not? :D
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jumping through a broken gate has happened on PC too. To be honest, most of the time just going though the tunnel saves time. Or even repairing the gate. Looks to me that some enjpy of the challenge it gives to precise those jumps

It must be a new thing on PS, because we've been ignoring this glitch on PC for years now.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reminds me of my DAOC days when I found a tiny seam at the edge of one of the Albion milegates and would get through it with my Midgard toon and run around. Once past the gate there was no PvP, no guards to worry about, nothing but the hostile mobs and I'm sure the puzzled looks on the faces of the Albion players behind their keyboards.

The Cyrodiil gates always felt unncessary to me. Even if you can't jump through them you can just go around through another gate or a tunnel. There's no actual blocking off the lands beyond them.
    Edited by Holycannoli on February 8, 2023 9:13PM
  • sliabh
    sliabh
    ✭✭
    PVP is full of cheats .Everyone knows it , its old news.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sliabh wrote: »
    PVP is full of cheats .Everyone knows it , its old news.

I’m looking forward to another round of bans by ZOS for cheating. It always results in a huge drop in the number of suspiciously “skillful” players.
  • sliabh
    sliabh
    ✭✭
    Lol i just got kill by 6 scorch spells in one hit by a dude on top of bleakers , I was even out of range of the seige weapons
    Lmao
    i should make vids of this stuff .
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to get some unpleasant feedback here but can we talk about the incredibly suspicious way AD seems to have no lag or issues with lag? I play on GH PS NA server and even though I've been told multiple times "Everyone lags..." it just does not come off that way whenever we engage AD in fights. It feels like we're running in quicksand mashing the same buttons over and over again just to get a skill to work while you watch AD bunnyhop firing skills like lag is non-existent for them, lmao. If they are lagging then it's hidden very very well....
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    I'm going to get some unpleasant feedback here but can we talk about the incredibly suspicious way AD seems to have no lag or issues with lag? I play on GH PS NA server and even though I've been told multiple times "Everyone lags..." it just does not come off that way whenever we engage AD in fights. It feels like we're running in quicksand mashing the same buttons over and over again just to get a skill to work while you watch AD bunnyhop firing skills like lag is non-existent for them, lmao. If they are lagging then it's hidden very very well....

@xFocused
    I can assure you I get plenty of lag in gh on AD. And I get it while not even engaging in the big zerg battles at keeps.
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the titan two console tuner website, get the invite to the discord channel, and see how they are warning script writers and the lazy people who just pay for scripts to make sure scripts have variability built into them to make it harder for game developers to detect the use of scripts.

I will never understand why Sony and Microsoft as well as every other game developer just do not ban the MAC address to consoles. Make it so a once a console is blocked for cheating it will never be unblocked, guarantee just about all but the 1% of the most hardcore will only lose one console to this and never risk it again.

And regarding AD I think most of the people getting scripts from others are consolidating under AD, I don’t see anywhere near as many EP or DC players pulling off half the garbage AD players are. but this is my opionon.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw the first real cheat I've ever seen in Cyrodiil during the Jester's Festival. Someone managed to get max mount speed on one of those gimmick toy horses running around super fast. It was pretty funny to watch. They were EP though, not AD and it was on PC NA not PS. It wasn't even malicious. They were just running around trolling.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 12, 2023 4:25AM
    PC NA
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the titan two console tuner website, get the invite to the discord channel, and see how they are warning script writers and the lazy people who just pay for scripts to make sure scripts have variability built into them to make it harder for game developers to detect the use of scripts.

I will never understand why Sony and Microsoft as well as every other game developer just do not ban the MAC address to consoles. Make it so a once a console is blocked for cheating it will never be unblocked, guarantee just about all but the 1% of the most hardcore will only lose one console to this and never risk it again.

And regarding AD I think most of the people getting scripts from others are consolidating under AD, I don’t see anywhere near as many EP or DC players pulling off half the garbage AD players are. but this is my opionon.

Not sure what server you're on but I absolutely feel this way on the GH PS NA server and it's not just my guild or zone chat. I've seen DC players bring up the same thing. As I stated above, if AD is experiencing lag like the rest of us, it's definitely well hidden. I'm over here struggling to barswap, fire a skill, barely do anything while AD is hopping around firing skills left and right like it's nothing, lol. Just my perspective
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what server you're on but I absolutely feel this way on the GH PS NA server and it's not just my guild or zone chat. I've seen DC players bring up the same thing. As I stated above, if AD is experiencing lag like the rest of us, it's definitely well hidden. I'm over here struggling to barswap, fire a skill, barely do anything while AD is hopping around firing skills left and right like it's nothing, lol. Just my perspective

It's an uncomfortable fact that a big part of what determines a player's "skill" in this game is their ping. I've watched videos of fights that I was in, from the perspective of a ball group player that streamed it, and it can be super depressing. The streamer and their buddies are zipping around freely, bar swapping and using skills with no lag or failure, while I feel like I'm crawling through molasses and can't drink a pot or get my ult to fire at all.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

It's an uncomfortable fact that a big part of what determines a player's "skill" in this game is their ping. I've watched videos of fights that I was in, from the perspective of a ball group player that streamed it, and it can be super depressing. The streamer and their buddies are zipping around freely, bar swapping and using skills with no lag or failure, while I feel like I'm crawling through molasses and can't drink a pot or get my ult to fire at all.

Yes this exactly.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just so wrong, I play all three factions and the lag is equally bad on all three.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    @xFocused come back to AD, you'll see we have just as bad of a time with the lag and ppl in zc saying the same things about DC and EP cheating/switching/etc. It's just bad all around 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good.

The destroyable gates are stupid and do nothing but funnel players to the same places which causes lag. Plus it's totally imbalanced as one side can still use it.

Once it's destroyed, it shouldn't be immune to fixing just because someone is spamming a balista at it.

It should be unrepairable for a period, then be able to be repaired.

Running all the way around to stop someone sieging is long and boring.