Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Servers are canceling my spells

RazuumDerp
RazuumDerp
Soul Shriven
I am trying to do dungeons and kill ads in craglorn but my spells keep getting canceled, I have good internet but I keep getting intense lag spikes, the server sucks!!! please fix ZENIMAX
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 2, 2023 2:04PM
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd recommend to reload your UI first, and if that doesn't fix log out and log back in. Failing that I'd try another mouse to ensure your hardware isn't wearing out.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Craglorn right now and not experiencing the problems you're having. Are you sure it's the server?
    Edited by Molydeus on December 24, 2022 6:12PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also make sure you're using all wired connections, i.e. modem, mouse, keyboard etc. Some say that wireless is fine for online games, most including technical websites point to the inconsistent performance it delivers.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not always an issue with personal hardware. Primetime Cyrodiil routinely ignores inputs. One trick I was given there was to try holding the key or button down longer before releasing when you notice your skills are not going off. Unfortunately, especially during events, it also extends into trials and other PvE situations, as ZOS has explicitly acknowledged. This week I’ve noticed it’s taken 3-4 pushes to get my ultimate to go off. Same with potions. I see the icon on the screen indicate it’s been fired but nothing happens - or the potion noise plays but it isn’t taken. Those aren’t issues with my PC.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    This is not always an issue with personal hardware. Primetime Cyrodiil routinely ignores inputs. One trick I was given there was to try holding the key or button down longer before releasing when you notice your skills are not going off. Unfortunately, especially during events, it also extends into trials and other PvE situations, as ZOS has explicitly acknowledged. This week I’ve noticed it’s taken 3-4 pushes to get my ultimate to go off. Same with potions. I see the icon on the screen indicate it’s been fired but nothing happens - or the potion noise plays but it isn’t taken. Those aren’t issues with my PC.

I am on PS-NA and I’ve experienced this problem a lot this year, and I wanna say it started with U34. I have noticed it getting progressively worse over the last couple updates. Were there any updates that touched the GCD?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online

Thanks for the link.

I feel like it's a problem with the game itself, check out this person's post:
    virtus753 wrote: »

It's very indicative of what's being experienced. Were it lag from the local machine, we wouldn't see screen indicate the action's been fired. The system has recognized the input but the server isn't responding with the animation. Subsequent animations have occurred. Additionally, when I've seen this problem, nothing else in the game is lagging. Sounds like a server side problem to me.

FWIW, I'm on a PS5 wired into an extender.
    Edited by Destai on March 1, 2023 9:00PM