The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Redguard passives

Stncold
Stncold
✭✭✭
So is the least played and overall crap tier race ever going to get a rework? Are they forever doomed to have an 8% weapon skill reduction while imperials have a 6% all ability reduction?
Are they forever doomed to have a useless unnoticeable snare reduction while orcs, the slowest race in both morrowind and oblivion, have an absolutely nonsensical lorewise sprint speed/buff?
Are they forever doomed to be a sustain oriented race in a period when sustain is almost entirely taken care of with CP and healers?

It's bad enough their lore is now starting to suffer because of your inane obsession with redguard mages. But it's a complete slap in the face that the most maligned race by far has gotten jack all over the past few years.

Anyone? Bueller?
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really need to do something. Redguard is so rare it is the only race I am not 90+ kills into for the PvP achievements, I am under 20 for them only.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like at this point they'd be better served removing all racial passives except the first one (the increased skill gain with a certain skill line and some additional noncombat bonus). The lore has never actually supported how limited the racial bonuses are in any game, anyway. Why do the Bosmer have no recognition of the reality-shaping power of their Spinners? Why do Bretons not get any bonuses related to knighthood or political subterfuge? I say, get rid of the ones that affect combat and adjust everyone's base stats accordingly.
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy redguard's sustain on my tank or when solo. Other than that, pretty meh.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Racials have been needing a balance pass for a long time…