The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What does the community think TES6 Main story will be about ?

AdamLAD
AdamLAD
✭✭✭✭✭
I have friends who have recently wondered what the storyline will be for TES 6. I have delved deep Into what I think it could be. But I'd like to point out a few things.

It seriously can't be another daedric plot, we have had so many especially with ESOs mainline story being one. If it's a Daedric Plot it will be regurgitated content and extremely boring

I do not think the Great War 2.0 that's going to happen with the empire and the AD (yes I think the stromcloaks will loose) Is good enough for the mainline story. Just like how the war wasn't good enough in skyrim for its mainline story. Oooo big scary elves we see daily wanting to transcend. Boring

The Dragonborn simply cannot be present at this time. He would solo the entire AD or Empire if he so wishes. The unbalance in terms of lore would be to much after Alduins defeat. So he would obviously MIA or whatever. He simply cannot be present.

Which brings me to what could be the mainline story.

The AD try and transcend after destroying all of the towers or attempted to transcend in some other means to there previous godlike status. And in the process brought back all the dwemer who have advanced even further, causing all sorts of catastrophic problems politically and in terms of destruction

However I doubt that will happen so this is what I genuinely think it will be. We all know that each protagonist is extremely powerful and completely new. There's a book in ESO, I forgot its name, but it talks about a person who wandered the sands and deserts of hammerfell who saw the Serpent eating the other constilations and that he will eventually return as to finish his goal. There's more to it but that's the easiest run down. In craglorn we delve a little bit deep into the lore of the constilations and they can actually appear in physical form. I think in TES 6 the Serpent will return and we will be playing a constilation In physical from to stop the snake. Not sure which constilation as choice is involved in an RPG. It would make sense as in the craglorn storyline when appearing in physical form they had no idea what they were themselves and couldn't use any powers until later. This would be the perfect starting point for a brand new beginning of TES6.

Edited by AdamLAD on January 22, 2023 11:53AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if Bethesda actually does use the fan theory that the Dominion is trying to destroy the Towers/unmake the world.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be the standard Daedric Prince/God/Artifact out of control, with the aid of someone in Tamriel that wishes to advance their position. The character will start in some prison. They will get caught up in a series of events, some of them improbable, that ultimately turns out in the character's favor. They will face the "someone in Tamriel" and defeat them. They will face the Daedric Prince/God/Artifact and defeat their plans. The player will then ask "When is TES 7 coming out".

All of the above will take place on the day TES 6 launches. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if Bethesda actually does use the fan theory that the Dominion is trying to destroy the Towers/unmake the world.

Not sure it's a fan theory after years and years ago one of the writers literally confirmed his intentions writing Thalmor.

But can't care less what tes or eso would do with it personally, they have ability and right to change lore-shoes on the fly, if it's fun enough or makes sense I'm in (or out).
    Edited by colossalvoids on January 22, 2023 2:18PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure it's a fan theory after years and years ago one of the writers literally confirmed his intentions writing Thalmor.

But can't care less what tes or eso would do with it personally, they have ability and right to change lore-shoes on the fly, if it's fun enough or makes sense I'm in (or out).

As far as I'm aware its a fan theory that has no in-game support. It's loosely based off a Kirkbride text, but even that's loose.

A good writeup: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/gwy1yx/why_you_should_always_check_sources_the_curious/
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 22, 2023 5:20PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As far as I'm aware its a fan theory that has no in-game support. It's loosely based off a Kirkbride text, but even that's loose.

A good writeup: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/gwy1yx/why_you_should_always_check_sources_the_curious/

I remember this exact topic, but that's mostly considering wiki's old take on towers deactivation page itself which is still just a theory, obviously. "Unmaking the world" part isn't really a theory according to MK. To take his out of game writing/qna's as a legit lore or not is another topic.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this. And there is nothing concerning ESO that will let us know.

I expect there is a Reddit or forum that is discussing TES6 since this is not a general TES forum.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be about all elves being evil necromancers (including children) and they have to be defeated and exterminated.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean Skyrim kinda killed all neuance with the Thalmor (As soon as they introduced them) so the Towers theory would work. But I doubt they'll do the whole... Ancestorscythe, only Dunmer, Khajiit and Hist survive with the former two living on the moons while the latter create time travelling space ships in the form of Queen Ayrenn. I think there'd be massive outrage if they went THAT far sticking to Kirkbride's stuff.

Whatever they do I hope Elder Scrolls Online lore is completely ignored or just declared non-canon. There's some good stuff here and there but between the Ebonheart Pact, the treatment of the Daedric Princes and so on I'd rather Bethesda stick to their own vision and let ESO be it's own weird godhead seperate from the canon one.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For ES6 one thing I DON’T want is for the Thalmor to be beaten/dissolve off-screen. I want to be actively involved in it.

Not quite true. Esbern has a line of dialogue on the subject after you pick him up from Riften:
    Esbern wrote:
    "Well. They've been hunting down Blades since the Great War, on general principle. But if you mean me, now, in particular... maybe they've started to get an inkling of what the return of the dragons means. I don't suppose they want the world to end any more than we do. Or at least, they'd prefer it to end on their terms."
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ES6 one thing I DON’T want is for the Thalmor to be beaten/dissolve off-screen. I want to be actively involved in it.

Not quite true. Esbern has a line of dialogue on the subject after you pick him up from Riften:
    Esbern wrote:
    "Well. They've been hunting down Blades since the Great War, on general principle. But if you mean me, now, in particular... maybe they've started to get an inkling of what the return of the dragons means. I don't suppose they want the world to end any more than we do. Or at least, they'd prefer it to end on their terms."

That's fair. My link is more about the Towers aspect of it and how that got conflated into the Thalmor plot.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will be the tale of the provincial folk hero whose achievements were already overshadowed by the Vestige.
  • CardinalJack
    CardinalJack
    ✭✭
    Hoping for a full-on war with the Thalmor that leads to a complete sacking of Summerset.
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would like to see maormers in hammerfell, the story could involve the "return" of Orgnum. He would be a god in the redguard pantheon (satakal) or have a redguard cult around him.

He would probably be opposed to the thalmor
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for a full-on war with the Thalmor that leads to a complete sacking of Summerset.

If we go to Summerset I want the Thieves Guild (or equivalent) questline to involve stealing the Orrery out of Firsthold.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.