The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fogbreak Lighthouse - why the big mismatch between exterior and interior?

JadaMaru
JadaMaru
✭✭
The outside and inside of a building being out of scale is a very old problem in ESO and sometimes ES in general. But the choice of using the small lighthouse exterior model with the huge mage tower interior from High Isles is just ridiculously jarring. It's especially strange because they probably could have used the mage tower as the base, and then stuck the top part of the current smaller lighthouse model on top of it and it would have matched fairly well. Or just had a smaller interior. Too late to fix, obviously, but I really wish in the future house designers would be a little more realistic in their proportions and end the belief that bigger = always better.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it crowns only or will we finally get a gold priced house for High Isle?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's bigger on the inside."
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say chances are it is going to be crowns only. Most all the manor home sizes are. I checked it out today and "currently" it does not offer gold purchase. Only crowns. Why am I not surprised?
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Unfurnished 11,000 Crowns
    Furnished 13,700 Crowns
    ZERO gold purchase options. (might change but I doubt it)
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's bigger on the inside."

Loremaster: It's a magical lighthouse. :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    Unfurnished 11,000 Crowns
    Furnished 13,700 Crowns
    ZERO gold purchase options. (might change but I doubt it)

11k really isn't too bad. Especially if you bought crown at 40% off.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Well this certainly answers my question as to why they did not use real 'see-through' windows in the lighthouse's main floor. I consider this a missed opportunity, so I built my own house with lots of windows: km93cik8lvnw.jpg
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    I think the reason they don't use see-through windows is that the outside world is not there while you are inside the building. There is a loading screen when entering most buildings, which means that the player probably travels to a separate instance.
    Though there is a fake "light comes through window" effect in some places, ie you can see sunlight on the interiour and iirc it even changes, which simulates the sun traveling on the sky (eg in the tavern in Gonfalon Bay). I didn't see this effect in the lighthouse. Even when the windows are very small, the effect should be there, as it adds lots of realism.

Edit: i think a new player house like the steadfast manor would have looked way better (a bit mediterranian, it even has a pool)
    f1jlag7o3147.jpg
    r7bdg1xhavza.jpg
    Edited by Luth7 on April 17, 2023 10:43AM
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »
    Well this certainly answers my question as to why they did not use real 'see-through' windows in the lighthouse's main floor.

Home interiors are not inside the exterior on pretty much any house. The interiors are usually underground just below the exterior.