Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SE Asia players get Errors 108 / 200 / 334 and increased ping on PC since Jan 25

RevJJ
RevJJ
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m based in SE Asia and since the start of the Elsweyr event I have been having constant disconnects with error codes 108, 200 and 334 when trying to log in as well as extremely high ping when I do manage to log in. This was only happening with the PC NA server, PC EU worked fine until about an hour ago but I’m having the same issues there now.

I have tried all the steps from the connection troubleshooting page but still have the same issues.

This is extremely frustrating to happen in the middle of both an event and an ESO+ trial.

I have raised a ticket but am hoping someone has any ideas on what the problem is here because my succes rate with tickets is roughly 0%.

Edit: I have heard from several players based in different countries in SE Asia that they are all having this problem.
Edited by RevJJ on February 14, 2023 3:54AM
  • Destrucko
    Destrucko
    Soul Shriven
    Same here.
    Based in SE Asia.
    On top of that, the lag is terrible. Its unplayable and leading me to quiting the game despite the hype of the new DLC announcement.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destrucko wrote: »
    Same here.
    Based in SE Asia.
    On top of that, the lag is terrible. Its unplayable and leading me to quiting the game despite the hype of the new DLC announcement.

Do you also have no issue connecting to the EU server?
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: it appears to be affecting players in multiple countries in SE Asia.
  • Destrucko
    Destrucko
    Soul Shriven
    RevJJ wrote: »
    Destrucko wrote: »
    Same here.
    Based in SE Asia.

Do you also have no issue connecting to the EU server?

I didnt try on EU server
    Update: it appears to be affecting players in multiple countries in SE Asia.

This destroy my playing experience. Not only we have high ping, now its unplayable while event are running.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As expected, the answer I received was a copy/paste from a script and did not address my issue at all. I mentioned three different error codes and gave details, all I got was an answer to error 304 and to check if there’s no maintenance going on…

@ZOS_Kevin is there any way this can be brought to the attention of someone who can look at the broader impact? I understand from others in SE Asia they have also logged tickets. We can’t log in and can’t play right now.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RevJJ - post your ticket number on the General Discussion forum with a brief overview of the problem - be sure to tag Kevin, and then reply to the ticket response you received restating your intial email. The first mail you receive is a "bot" mail; you have to reply again (and maybe to the next one also) or they will just consider your ticket solved.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Raevyness
    Raevyness
    ✭✭✭
    I’m based in SE Asia and since the start of the Elsweyr event I have been having constant disconnects with error codes 108, 200 and 334 when trying to log in as well as extremely high ping when I do manage to log in. This was only happening with the PC NA server, PC EU worked fine until about an hour ago but I’m having the same issues there now.

I have tried all the steps from the connection troubleshooting page but still have the same issues.

This is extremely frustrating to happen in the middle of both an event and an ESO+ trial.

I have raised a ticket but am hoping someone has any ideas on what the problem is here because my succes rate with tickets is roughly 0%.

Edit: I have heard from several players based in different countries in SE Asia that they are all having this problem.

I keep getting disconnected and getting error 200??? Back from a 6 month break, renew my sub, and this is what I walk back into??
    Mose well get a refund at this point.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still an issue, although most are able to reduce the impact by using a vpn. My ticket is still waiting for an answer.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @RevJJ

What is your current ticket number?

We can check on the current status for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @RevJJ

What is your current ticket number?

We can check on the current status for you.

Hi, it’s 230128-006603
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @RevJJ

Thanks for the ticket number. Please check your forum inbox for an update.
    Staff Post
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Bill,

As mentioned in my PM, I have not received any response to my reply to the ticket. This is still an issue. It worked ok for a few days if I used a VPN but players in SE Asia are getting huge lag spikes and disconnects again.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no response to my latest reply to my ticket. It has been nine days now. Should I just assume it is being ignored?
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    Hopefully they can help and it gets sorted soon!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @RevJJ

We have sent you another update via forum PM.
    Staff Post
  • Frazvec
    Frazvec
    Soul Shriven
    Just discovered this thread after experiencing the same issue for the past 2-3 weeks. Wanted to see if it was just me. I'm a SEA player too.

I've played ESO since 2016. ESO+ subscriber since 2019. AFAI remember, this never happens for this long before. Never had to do latency troubleshooting or anything all these years. Now my ping seems to average around 300-500. Playable, but not at all pleasant.

I've yet to do all the troubleshooting steps though. Mind if I ask if you've managed to see any improvement?
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, playing from SG and it has gotten really bad the past few weeks. Anything harder than overland or normal content is just out of the question atm. I'm pretty sure it's not my local internet's issue.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Frazvec / @Contraptions - I’ve not seen any improvement yet unfortunately and have had to open a new ticket because they either lost my reply or didn’t respond to it. They replied to my new ticket so let’s see where it goes.

The only thing that has helped me a little bit was using a VPN (I use ExpressVPN) and setting it to Japan. Found this after googling on vpn settings for ESO. I still get lag spikes up to 999+ but it seems to be less frequent.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly hope this gets fixed soon as it is making the game unplayable. Even a VPN barely helps now, there's just something wrong with the connection to the NA server. It's not disconnecting me, but the ping just shoots up to 999 regularly.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly hope this gets fixed soon as it is making the game unplayable. Even a VPN barely helps now, there's just something wrong with the connection to the NA server. It's not disconnecting me, but the ping just shoots up to 999 regularly.

I’ve responded to my new ticket but have not heard anything back. Hope it won’t get closed again due to “lack of response” like my previous ticket.

I get both disconnects and ping spikes btw.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill I am not getting any response to my ticket… it’s been three days now and I want to prevent my ticket from being closed again because I “did not respond”.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill, @ZOS_Kevin there seems to be an issue with the ticketing system because apparently my replies to tickets are not being received or registered.

Interestingly though, when I replied from a different e-mail address I got an auto reply to use the same mail address. So why are my replies from the same mail address not arriving?

Meanwhile the same issue is still going on for players in an entire region of the world. This is getting more frustrating by the day.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the tag. We'll share the ticket number and see what's going on here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @RevJJ I just chatted with customer service and they noted that you may need to resubmit your ticket. You can do this by replying to your current ticket or by submitting a new ticket via the ESO Help Portal and include the previous ticket number.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @RevJJ I just chatted with customer service and they noted that you may need to resubmit your ticket. You can do this by replying to your current ticket or by submitting a new ticket via the ESO Help Portal and include the previous ticket number.

@ZOS_Kevin thanks for following up, however I have already resubmitted a ticket under 230211-000220 (because apparently my reply to the original ticket was not received) for which I was requested to send an MSinfo file. I replied to that with the MSinfo file and have received no answer to that. As mentioned in my previous comment I did get a response when I replied with a different email address so the mails must be arriving on your end.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Kevin - another day has passed and I’ve still not received a response to my follow up on the ticket. It’s been five days since my second ticket, is this one now also closed because I “did not reply”? I can provide screenshots that I did in fact reply and, as mentioned above, when I replied from a different mail address I received an auto reply so my mails are arriving at the ZOS end of things.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From today February 18 I am getting constant error 334 when I zone in the game. I live in Northern Europe but play on the US server because of friends.

I fear it is something between me and Zenimax because I also have problems connecting to the support page.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO

If you are constantly getting Error 334, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Kevin i have been going back and forth with customer service for weeks now and they keep asking me to look into issues on my pc side. When I pointed out, again, that this is not a problem an individual user is having but an entire region they advised me that customer service are not devs so they cannot do anything about it.

How much longer do we have to deal with these issues before someone from ZOS takes a look at what the problem for an entire region spanning multiple countries is?? The game is barely playable because of these latency spikes and disconnects. A few days ago I disconnected three times during the last boss fight of veteran Graven Deep. I never had these issues until the maintenance of January 24.

PLEASE look into why the entire region is affected.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issues have not been resolved. It's been more than a month. Ping is still shooting up to 999 the moment combat starts. Is there any update on when this will be resolved? It happens more severely around nighttime GMT+8 almost daily so I'm certain there is some server issue going on as normal ping should not fluctuate so regularly (i.e., should not start deteriorating almost everyday at the same time) @ZOS_Kevin