The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necklace of Medusa not dropping in Arx Corinium Dungeon.

Boogers12
Boogers12
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I have been farming in Veteran Arx Corinium for the necklace of Medusa for 2 weeks, and it has not dropped once! Can you please fix the bug?

Derek
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that your collection for arx is not full yet?

Jewelry in dungeons only drop from chests and the last boss. If you have the necklace in your collection already and your stickerbook is not full yet, then you get all the missing weapons first since the curated loot system.

If so, you either need the luck to find them in a chest, trade them with the 3 other players or fill your collection first to have a chance on the last boss again.
    Options
  • Boogers12
    Boogers12
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,

Yes, my Arx Collection - Medusa set is already complete. I get all the weapons and rings, but I have not had a Medusa necklace drop in more than 2 weeks.

Wow, I didnt know that the loot system worked like that. Thanks for the update.

Derek
    Edited by Boogers12 on January 23, 2023 5:21AM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boogers12 wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes, my Arx Collection - Medusa set is already complete. I get all the weapons and rings, but I have not had a Medusa necklace drop in more than a week.

Wow, I didnt know that the loot system worked like that. Thanks for the update.

Derek

Is your collection from Arx complete? It doesn’t curate by set. It curates by dungeon. So if you are missing weapons and jewelry from other sets there, you will get those first before another Medusa set from the one curated source of jewelry (the final boss). You will have to finish your whole sticker book from Arx before that boss will be able to drop a Medusa neck again.

It sounds like you have, so you’re getting weapons and jewelry again, just not the neck. In which case that’s bad luck. But just in case, it’s worth knowing that the game fills out the whole 4-set sticker book before giving repeats.

In the meantime, since you’ve finished the Medusa set collection, you can always reconstruct the necklace. That was the point of the collections system in the first place.
    Edited by virtus753 on January 22, 2023 7:24AM
    Options
  • Boogers12
    Boogers12
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,

My Arx set is complete. The shoulder pieces of the Bosses helmet are not in the dungeon, so I don't know if they count toward the random drop rate. I did get all of them though from the Undaunted chest. I hope they change the drop rate. Farming for a necklace for 2 weeks is outrageous. :p
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

My Arx set is complete. The shoulder pieces of the Bosses helmet are not in the dungeon, so I don't know if they count toward the random drop rate. I did get all of them though from the Undaunted chest. I hope they change the drop rate. Farming for a necklace for 2 weeks is outrageous. :p

Yeah, the Undaunted set is not part of curation, so it won’t impact your farm.

That still leaves 45 items (iirc) that can drop from the final boss (39 weapons and 6 jewelry pieces) now that you’ve finished your book. I think they aren’t likely to fiddle with drop rates amongst those items now that we have the stickerbook and we have a choice between farming RNG and using crystals to reconstruct the exact piece we want.

Best of luck!
    Options
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Farming for a necklace for 2 weeks is outrageous. :p

LMAO, you must be new
    Try three years and I still never got a medusa lightening staff

You missed the old BSW days.
    Options