Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "Necrom's Telvanni Pennisula & Apocrypha Zones"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
7ruswuxvh35n.png
This is the official discussion thread for, "2023 Global Reveal- Necrom's Telvanni Pennisula & Apocrypha Zones"

"Discover the two new zones just announced as part of the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom Chapter!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 23, 2023 1:58PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least I've had entertainment watching it on Feng's stream. Glad I had no high hopes.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland difficulty?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Overland difficulty?

Not coming and not something they’re working on supposedly.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get more character slots? Or do we have to delete a character to be able to be an Arcanist?
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    Telvanni and Apocrypha... I mean, I love it and was hoping for that, but how did we already know it?

A whole class revolving around a single Prince and realm of Oblivion is surprising and weird. And also the only new class I have felt compelled to play. Be really sad to leave my original character behind, though.
    Molag's balls!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had no expections that were good. They met that criteria. I hate the Dunmer, the dead city and all the green. Would rather have had spellcrafting and this arcanist stuff which is just going to kill sorcs.

They once a year to pry my money out of my wallet. Didn't buy High Isle and never missed it. This will be the same.
  • Einher2137
    Einher2137
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks god it's not next thing like card game. Finally real addition to game that is mmorpg.
  • Broken23
    Broken23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we get more character slots? Or do we have to delete a character to be able to be an Arcanist?

free character slot with chapter purchase
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is the #1 issue right now. We need two more slots or this new class isn't worth it. An awful lot of players have all slots used and will not be willing to delete characters, and shouldn't have to.
  • esogamer2021
    esogamer2021
    ✭✭✭
    To he honest the only decent thing about watching this was a new class release , apart from that It’s clear that PVP will be still unplayable at peak times 😢 so it’s just another unplayable class in PVP lol
  • LordNilloc
    LordNilloc
    ✭✭✭

This, because I am not deleting any characters so I need more slots to play the new class.........
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭
    Please give us honest feedback @ZOS_Kevin or @ZOS_GinaBruno:
    Do you want to deal with pvp at all?
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The zones looks cool but overland zones end up being bland and boring because they pose no challenge and Cyrodiil hasn't changed or had any shake up in years and requires a major facelift to make it interesting again. The Q4 system described sounds instanced PvE something that won't add life to the games hand crafting zones which need a facelift as well especially the major cities. Anyway my two cents
    Edited by Rex-Umbra on January 25, 2023 9:31PM
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • LunaticOne_
    LunaticOne_
    ✭✭✭
    And here I thought a new class had to be revolved around tonal magic because it seemed to me like they've teased it with that one side quest on Amenos
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken23 wrote: »

Why are we not going up to 21? That way, we can have three of every class, one for each role. What a ridiculous number to stop at!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken23 wrote: »

Wow! Super, thanks so much for posting that!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • TinyDragon
    TinyDragon
    ✭✭✭

This is the #1 issue right now. We need two more slots or this new class isn't worth it. An awful lot of players have all slots used and will not be willing to delete characters, and shouldn't have to.

We got 3 with necro- with my character slots full, 2 isn't what I was hoping for
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Overland difficulty?

Just as well — that’s not something that would attract new players nor returning, really. And as has been gone into at length in other threads, to really make it engaging, you’d have to rework enemy combat AI, not just boost HP or damage, and that sounds like it would be a LOT of work! I’m not against types or areas of more challenging foes, but I can understand why that would not be a priority or even on the table really.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Content looks nice. Hermaeus Mora and his world definitely very attractive, and a new class which feels interesting. Still all that denotes is more interest in pve and zero for pvp. Why is that? Where is the BALANCE between these two sides of the game? Also I read nothing about MyM in the upcoming events. Where is that also?

Also why more humans? I mean redguard for arkanist? Whatever happend to the high elves after Summerset? Are they really that bad mages to be never again connected with anything magic (of which Tamriel is full of) - beyond the Pisjics and Summerset? Seriously? You do Hermaeus Mora and have a HUMAN to be the representative of your new magical class? (I will not pick on the redguard psijic we got for houseguest - another mockery against the high elves!)
    Edited by Erissime on January 25, 2023 9:44PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you tell your Level Designers to go and plop down some more trees? With actual leaves.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am so happy that we are back In Morrowind, it’s my favorite area in the elder scrolls along with more dark elf lore because they are the best! And the class is epic! However I am a little bummed out that the telvanni peninsula doesn’t really offer any new looking areas like new biomes and such it really does look exactly like vvardenfell. I was expecting to see lush bio luminescent mushroom forests or like a snowy take on Morrowind something different in terms of visuals but I feel like from what we saw(other then necrom itself) the land looks choppy and pasted form vvardenfell. I hope I’m wrong when we see it all
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrom and Apocrypha look awesome! I hope we’ll be getting some properties there — I could be HM’s librarian! :lol:

The stream cut out for me during the discussion of the new Arcanist class and it took me a while to get it started again. Are we getting additional character slots with the addition of a new class? And what are the details on the new companions?

Edit: My Internet must be having issues. The post above regarding character slots wasn’t there (for me) when I posted!

The new Argonian companion sounds cool, but I’m surprised — and I confess disappointed — that the Arcanist companion isn’t an Altmer since we already have two human companions and I would really love to have a male Altmer companion!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 25, 2023 9:51PM
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necrom and Apocrypha look awesome! I hope we’ll be getting some properties there — I could be HM’s librarian! :lol:

The stream cut out for me during the discussion of the new Arcanist class and it took me a while to get it started again. Are we getting additional character slots with the addition of a new class? And what are the details on the new companions?

Just scroll up. People have posted a big graphic about the new character slot like 3 times already
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this the Telvanni Peninsula though? There is nothing Telvanni, nor Peninsular, about this region.
    image.png

This is an Indoril/Temple region in lore, and isn't a peninsula.The Telvanni Peninsula is the bit to the north of where this zone ends. (A peninsula is "a piece of land that is almost entirely surrounded by water but is connected to the mainland on one side." Without the northern section, it isn't a peninsula by itself.)

If we're naming this region [House] [Geography] it would be Indoril Highlands.

Edit: Official lorebook "Great Houses of Morrowind":
    Indoril District occupies the heartland of Morrowind, comprising the lands south of the Inner Sea and the eastern coast.

Everything from Mournhold up to Necrom should be Indoril.
    Edited by Enodoc on January 25, 2023 10:16PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to say that I'm the most excited about going back to Apocrypha, and the new class, I see a new Dark Elf being created in my near future. It kind of sounded to me like the end-of-year new feature was going to be some kind of group thing, unless I misheard/misunderstood, which wouldn't be of any real interest to me personally.

That said, it was a no brainer that I'd buy a new PvE zone(s) to explore, so pre-ordered already, ;) .
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to link up Bal Foyen/Stonefalls/Deshaan with the new zone! The Reach is still suffering from being completely unconnected to Bangkorai without a fast travel cart
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Overland difficulty?

Just as well — that’s not something that would attract new players nor returning, really. And as has been gone into at length in other threads, to really make it engaging, you’d have to rework enemy combat AI, not just boost HP or damage, and that sounds like it would be a LOT of work! I’m not against types or areas of more challenging foes, but I can understand why that would not be a priority or even on the table really.

What they would need to do is add an area that has challenging solo bosses, increase the amount of adds in a zone, damage and health etc, so you doing it solo really feels like the entire zone is oppressive and you are basically in constant combat.
    It doesn't even need to be a large zone like a chapter, just a small area that is overrun with enemies. Possibly even make it instanced, like a dungeon but the size of a small zone.
    Plus add some sort of high level end game material there.
    Like maybe they add a new item, a charm or a talisman that you can craft on your character but you need 1000s of these end game crafting materials you can only get from that zone.
    The item could be either a stat buff, unique stat like a mythic (mythics should have been their own section anyway) or that actually gives you another skill like how the companions ult has been added.
    maybe gives you a second ult like the companion ult that you can use when you do not have a companion.
    Not something that instantly makes you OP, but something that makes every end game player, PVE or PVP desire it and "need" it enough for it to be worth grinding the material for.

That way it would be perfect to farm XP farming, wouldn't alienate the new players, would make end game not just the tedious repeat the same trials over and over, and would actually entice old player to get back into the game.
    1T killed most of the challenge of the game.

Possibly this "endless dungeon" they vaguely mentioned is intended to be some sort of end game infinite challenging content.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Why is this the Telvanni Peninsula though? There is nothing Telvanni, nor Peninsular, about this region.
    image.png

This is an Indoril/Temple region in lore, the Telvanni Peninsula is the bit to the north of where this zone ends.

Even noticed they made a new fancy map of the game world that's still not the fixed Lore accurate one made by a player. I kinda got interested when someone here suggested we may be going to Blacklight.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    image.png

This is an Indoril/Temple region in lore, the Telvanni Peninsula is the bit to the north of where this zone ends.

Even noticed they made a new fancy map of the game world that's still not the fixed Lore accurate one made by a player. I kinda got interested when someone here suggested we may be going to Blacklight.

Poor Blacklight, still not got its space on the map. It wouldn't be a perfect fix, but even removing that random bump off the side of Eastmarch would be good enough if they're fixed on this land shape.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psyched for Sharp-as-Night. Now this one can have -two- argonians with fluffy delusions.
    Oh, the places they'll go!
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions