The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Developer_Direct and Global Reveal Content Starts Now!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
i0grcsltgcp0.jpg

The Developer_Direct starts now on the Xbox Twitch channel (Twitch.tv/xbox) and Bethesda Channel (Twitch.tv/Bethesda)! Immediately following this is our Global Reveal on the Bethesda Twitch Channel (Twitch.tv/Bethesda) Drops will be active for the Global Reveal!

As a reminder, we'll be following up here on the forum after the streams for thoughts on everything related to ESO and Global Reveal!
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A looooot of people in the stream missed the part of graphic that says, "ES0 - 3:45PM"
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A looooot of people in the stream missed the part of graphic that says, "ES0 - 3:45PM"

That will be the second show for ESO alone, but there should already be a bit in the 1st show. Probably at the end, but that's only an assumption.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2172860/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online_Necrom/ looks like it was shown ahead of time. was this intentional?
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 25, 2023 8:13PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2172860/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online_Necrom/ looks like it was shown ahead of time. was this intentional?

Oh, thanks! Something to look at until the n'wah stuff in the stream is over.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭

They’re never gonna invite Bethesda back based on everyone being rude in the stream because they didn’t read 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but the announcement also said:

Tune in to Twitch.tv/Bethesda this Wednesday, January 25 at 3PM EST, for the Xbox & Bethesda Developer_Direct livestream. During the presentation, you can get a first glance at what is to come to The Elder Scrolls Online in 2023.

I think a lot of people would rather have just been there for the reveal alone, but felt the need to watch the rest because of that. It would have been better if they had given an accurate description of what the first part really is. I can't blame people for feeling they've been baited to an ad campaign.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting. The scenery looks a bit Morrowind.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    I think a lot of people would rather have just been there for the reveal alone, but felt the need to watch the rest because of that. It would have been better if they had given an accurate description of what the first part really is. I can't blame people for feeling they've been baited to an ad campaign.

I think it was a really bad choice to put the first ESO chapter reveal into a show with different other things. People don't exactly find it pleasant to waste their time watching things they're not interested in...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

ofc, as the city of necrom comes out
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope this isn't a stupid question: do I need to be logged into ESO as well as Twitch to get the drops? I've never been able to view these reveals before (wrong time zone for it).
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Necrom is a city in Eastern Morrowind, on the Telvanni Peninsula.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

I think it was a really bad choice to put the first ESO chapter reveal into a show with different other things. People don't exactly find it pleasant to waste their time watching things they're not interested in...

If only something told them when they could come back later and skip the other things they find uninteresting :neutral:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this isn't a stupid question: do I need to be logged into ESO as well as Twitch to get the drops? I've never been able to view these reveals before (wrong time zone for it).

Logged in to eso? No. But make sure you claim the drop within 24 hours on twitch
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Given the event so far, I imagine that we will get the chapter Trailer during the Direct, and the follow up show will be the full, normal, chapter reveal and discussion.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They made it look like ESO Dev stuff at 3PM, and the the Reveal at 3:45
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least the ads right now are for ESO.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Given the event so far, I imagine that we will get the chapter Trailer during the Direct, and the follow up show will be the full, normal, chapter reveal and discussion.

That's what I thought, too, but no, it was neither just the trailer nor was it directly at the end of stream no 1. Weird decision, in my opinion.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Description is messed up i presume upgrade and includes all previous chapters

Pre-Purchase The Elder Scrolls Online Upgrade: Necrom
    Includes The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition (base game), Necrom and all previous Chapters - High Isle, Blackwood, Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset, and Morrowind.

tag @ZOS_Kevin
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Logged in to eso? No. But make sure you claim the drop within 24 hours on twitch

Can you go into a little more detail on how to claim it? I downloaded the Twitch app to watch on the phone at work but I can't pay much attention to it.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's on the Official store and PlayStation Store.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, excited there is a new class. Honestly thought they were going to give us druid.

But please, please, please... More character slots! I don't want to delete any of my existing 18.

Fingers crossed!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

Description is messed up i presume upgrade and includes all previous chapters

Pre-Purchase The Elder Scrolls Online Upgrade: Necrom
    Includes The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition (base game), Necrom and all previous Chapters - High Isle, Blackwood, Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset, and Morrowind.

tag @ZOS_Kevin

Thanks for the heads up. We're looking into it now.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the other reveals interesting. Can he get those minecraft combat devs to do ESO? (JK no not really)
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When 03:45 EST turns out to be 03:50 ;)
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is there never an upgrade option for those of us who already have all the previous chapters? I'm reluctant to pay the advertised price just to add 1 chapter.
  • Jaywics
    Jaywics
    ✭✭✭
    Sooooo 10 June 2020 we got: Antiquities.

Bluf: One of the best updates in the game however is Pay to win at its core.

8 June 2021 we got: Companions.

Bluf: Great idea that was implemented horribly - too weak.

21 June 2022 we got: Tales of Tribute

Bluf: No one asked for it and no one ques up for it on Xbox at least.

Which leaves us to this June 2023, and we are getting just another class that's been long overdue?

For Xbox users there is a lot more options out there in 2023 than TESO...

It seems like the Devs are so disconnected from their core audience its a bit unreal..

What people wanted from day one has been Spellcrafting and Flying Mounts it's that simple, that is how you would have saved TESO...Not NEW COMPANIONS LMFAO>....

Well here is to hoping Starfield is a hit, cause this game isn't trending in the right direction with the current mindset.
    Edited by Jaywics on January 25, 2023 9:24PM
    XBOX1 NA
    XBL: Jaywics
    Discord ID: jaywics#2078

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get ready for "event fatigue"...
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭
    So, no PVP content against except a new troll class???
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    so news about new servers will be in next stream?

tag @ZOS_Kevin
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    so news about new servers will be in next stream?

tag @ZOS_Kevin

It won't be in the next stream. But we are working on nailing dates down now to share soon. That's all we can share for now.
    Staff Post