Wall of elements

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
The skill is not that good I wish it at least increase damage to make it good but is not is ashamed.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a staple back bar skill. Why? Because weapon-skill-based ground DOTs activate your back bar enchant, even when you are on the front bar. Your back bar weapon should be Infused and you'll want to use a +452 (with Infused) weapon damage enchant. As long as an enemy is standing in the Wall of Elements, you'll have 100% uptime on +452 weapon and spell damage. If you have a Maelstrom destro staff, you may also consider using that.

Point 2 is that Wall of Wlements can be used in conjunction with other skills (Clench) to proc status effects, such as Concussed and Chilled, which cause the target to take extra damage from the whole group, while the Burning effect that may be triggered from a flame staff is just no-nonsense extra damage.

Finally the Unstable Wall of Elements morph causes an explosion when it expires or when it is recast. It can be spammed as a pseudo-AOE skill, especially useful when you don't have room in your (PvE) build for an actual AOE spammable. It's also one of the early unlock AOE skills, useful when levelling a new character. The "actual" AOE spammables are only unlocked very late on some class skill lines, such as on nightblade.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    It's a staple back bar skill. Why? Because weapon-skill-based ground DOTs activate your back bar enchant, even when you are on the front bar. Your back bar weapon should be Infused and you'll want to use a +452 (with Infused) weapon damage enchant. As long as an enemy is standing in the Wall of Elements, you'll have 100% uptime on +452 weapon and spell damage. If you have a Maelstrom destro staff, you may also consider using that.

Point 2 is that Wall of Wlements can be used in conjunction with other skills (Clench) to proc status effects, such as Concussed and Chilled, which cause the target to take extra damage from the whole group, while the Burning effect that may be triggered from a flame staff is just no-nonsense extra damage.

Finally the Unstable Wall of Elements morph causes an explosion when it expires or when it is recast. It can be spammed as a pseudo-AOE skill, especially useful when you don't have room in your (PvE) build for an actual AOE spammable. It's also one of the early unlock AOE skills, useful when levelling a new character. The "actual" AOE spammables are only unlocked very late on some class skill lines, such as on nightblade.

I feel frost unstable wall is better is only one and why because fit on frost warden and getting the fire wall for DK is useless when he got better fire skills and lighting wall is useless on sorcerer too when she got best lighting skill so that why I don't use it still in the end WOE is a useless weak skills but I wish it increase damage to make it better.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the maelstrom destro DOES increase the dmg of wall of elements, and all morphs

i also personally like the unstable wall because of the burst dmg and the 10 sec timer matches up better with rotations

i use unstable wall on basically all of my mag characters
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »

I feel frost unstable wall is better is only one and why because fit on frost warden and getting the fire wall for DK is useless when he got better fire skills and lighting wall is useless on sorcerer too when she got best lighting skill so that why I don't use it still in the end WOE is a useless weak skills but I wish it increase damage to make it better.

You know you can run both, right? Wall of elements and the class ground DoTs. They synergise really well, if you match the correct staff type to the class.
    read, think and write.In that order.