Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else find the immune phase of Atoll Of Immolation's Bosses Annoying?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I find the immune phases just come way to often, it's one of my least favourite things to do in the game. The boss just goes into the immune phase way too often. I'm working on the achievement atm and cannot wait till it's complete.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 24, 2023 4:27AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    of course they are.

immune phases triggered by health gates always feel terrible when the "damage the boss" phase is significantly shorter than the "kill the add wave" phase.

Just look at the gargoyle boss in moongravefane or the centurian boss in frostvault, especially on normal. you spend most of the fight sitting around waiting for the boss to activate for 2 seconds.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a rule I dislike the mechanic on almost any boss. I think that bosses like Thurvokun or Vykosa are better fights that results in nearly the same outcome, usually.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has killed this guy hundreds of times, I most definitely agree. Contrived mechanics whose sole purpose is to extend the duration of a fight in the cheesiest fashion imaginable are highly annoying.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be mistaken but, I think that boss goes immune more often if you interrupt him.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be mistaken but, I think that boss goes immune more often if you interrupt him.

Because people can continue to do damage while he’s channeling. However, if you bash him, you can still damage him while he’s staggering, and also not take damage from his completed channel. Ideally you want to let him channel for a few seconds and then bash. But it takes good timing, and is hard to control when there are multiple players there.

It’s hard enough to train players to interrupt as it is. Let’s not encourage poor play by rewarding inaction.

Edited by Jaraal on January 24, 2023 2:09AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any mechanic that artificially extends a fight is annoying imo.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I happened to be there when only one other guy was around and the boss came up. It took much longer for the invulnerable stage to come up because there was less dps. It was a more interesting fight.

I always laugh when I see all those heavy lightning staff attacks coming from other players just going on and on while the boss has this bright shield over him and the health bar has gone from red to the metalized invulnerable bar instead. Lol. So many clueless players.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always laugh when I see all those heavy lightning staff attacks coming from other players just going on and on while the boss has this bright shield over him and the health bar has gone from red to the metalized invulnerable bar instead. Lol. So many clueless players.

There are certain things that will reduce his health while he is shielded. Granted, heavy lightning attacks are not one of them. But heavy attacks are a good way to direct pets and companions (which is also why you see so many melee followers committing suicide in the wall of flames). And heavy attacks are also necessary to activate certain sets, skills and passives. You can also still level new skills and weapons while he is invulnerable, which is why I like backbarring unleveled weapons and training my characters on him.

Some clues are more subtle than others.

Edited by Jaraal on January 24, 2023 5:47AM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    of course they are.

immune phases triggered by health gates always feel terrible when the "damage the boss" phase is significantly shorter than the "kill the add wave" phase.

This is more like what I was referring to. Waves of adds on any boss that are significantly longer than the phase for damaging the boss. It's just cheesy.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only part i find tolerable about that is you can just camp that last boss spawn and not have to run all the way through the whole atoll after each kill lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Atoll immunity doesn't bother me as much as the immunity that some of the deadland delve adds have randomly.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The Atoll immunity doesn't bother me as much as the immunity that some of the deadland delve adds have randomly.

yeah like those adds that have a guard-like skill, and if you kill the recipient of the skill first then it just stuns both but also makes them untargetable for like 5 seconds lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

There are certain things that will reduce his health while he is shielded. Granted, heavy lightning attacks are not one of them. But heavy attacks are a good way to direct pets and companions (which is also why you see so many melee followers committing suicide in the wall of flames). And heavy attacks are also necessary to activate certain sets, skills and passives. You can also still level new skills and weapons while he is invulnerable, which is why I like backbarring unleveled weapons and training my characters on him.

Some clues are more subtle than others.

Could be, maybe I am ignorant of such things. I still bet most players are clueless about the invulnerable stage and just heavy attack all the time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a follow up. The boss last night starts at 1.2 million health, he went into his immune phase at 1.1 million, over and freaking over. Regardless of whether it's due to a lot of DPS or whatever it is that triggers this phase it's just a very frustrating mechanic.

And no I don't have to kill the boss, it's just I hate seeing things that are designed badly. It's not a good customer experience that's for sure.