Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not getting email for OTP

manwoodsal
manwoodsal
✭✭
Anyone else having problems with getting the email for the OTP? Everything was good until Friday. I got the OTP popup when trying to log in on Multi accounts. And never getting the gmail. This is stopping me from getting daily log in. And playing the game. I can log into the website on my accounts without a problem. I have checked my email setting. Nothing in spam or being filtered.

yes I have read about where they did some update to the OTP. And might get email in some other language..

Please fix the sending email server that sends the OTP.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 22, 2023 7:06PM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue with 2 of my 4 accounts. 3 hours later the emails with the OTP still had not arrived but I tried logging in again, and I was not asked for OTP: logged in without issue on both.

Whatever the issue is, I sure hope it's sorted soon because it's incredibly irritating, and not everyone has time to try playing again in a few hours.
    PC-EU
  • manwoodsal
    manwoodsal
    ✭✭
    I have 9 accounts.. More for getting private guild bank.. And all 9 of them are asking for OTP. and all 9 of them are in OTP lock now.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait a bit and try to login again.
  • manwoodsal
    manwoodsal
    ✭✭
    I did that last night. I waited and tried it again. Multi times. And also even today. Still getting the OTP pop up and also no emails.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That was going on for a while with me.

I heard one source say that email accounts owned by Microsoft (e.g. outlook, hotmail, etc) were having issues getting it (it wasn't even getting sent to spam) so I changed my account email to a gmail and now they always come. Sometimes it can take a minute or two, but they do come now.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other thing I've had occur with these is that two of my game emails forward to my main gmail account. For a while there I'd get the ones to one of those accounts but not the other one. After I set up a third account and had trouble getting those emails as well, I just undid the forwarders and check them each manually.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having this issue now. The game says my pc isn’t registered even though I played on it a few hours ago and that an email has been sent with a verification code but nothing is arriving. Not even in spam box.

@ZOS_Kevin is anyone aware of this issue that multiple players now seem to be having?

Edit: hit cancel after fifteen mins then tried again and no issue. Strange.
    Edited by RevJJ on January 22, 2023 8:36AM
  • manwoodsal
    manwoodsal
    ✭✭
    I kept trying it on all 9 of my account. Kept coming up with OTP..
    I then tried to log onto the website on a account that I don't normal log in there. It come up with the OTP popup. And then I got an email there. I didn't even put the code into the website but I tried to log into the game. And now I didn't get any popup about otp. It let me into all of the account this time

I don't know what trying to log into the website unlocked the otp.

Maybe this helps.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Navarril
    Navarril
    ✭✭✭
    manwoodsal wrote: »
    I have 9 accounts.. More for getting private guild bank.. And all 9 of them are asking for OTP. and all 9 of them are in OTP lock now.

I was gonna do this, but was told it's a ToS violation. If it's not a violation, I'm gonna set up 9 accounts next "free play" days and get me a guild bank!!!
  • Navarril
    Navarril
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »

Something's changed. I'm asked for OTP every.single.time I try to log into the website. This just started recently and is not acceptable. My ESO+ is up for renewal in 4 days. I'd like to pre-order the new chapter. I'm not spending any $$$$ until this is fixed. Perhaps you can go ask Microsoft for some advice? They know how to do website security properly.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Navarril

If you're still having issues, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • jmacclureb14_ESO
    jmacclureb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to add my experience as I was having the same issue but it is now resolved. I never had the issue where i was not receiving the email for a OTP, and I was getting the message every time I tried to log into ESO.

I added ESO to my firewall exception list and was then able to log in with no issues. Simply Google how to add an exception to your firewall program and follow the instructions for ESO. Note that this information is provided to you if you click the Customer Support link in ZOS_Bill's post above mine (this is how I was able to resolve it, thanks Bill).

Hopefully this helps someone, I'm just glad I was able to resolve it so I can enjoy the in game event...
  • jmacclureb14_ESO
    jmacclureb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ok I'm still getting the message, just Cancel and try again until it lets you in.
  • blueprudence
    blueprudence
    ✭✭
    I'm having this same issue today 15th February 2023. I'm on same PC and on trying to log in, I'm being asked for OTP code but receiving no email with the code. My email (gmail) is working correctly just tested it myself but no code and ESO support is seemingly down. I theref can't raise a support ticket.
  • thetick2
    thetick2
    Soul Shriven
    I am also getting this issue. I lodged a ticket and recieved a OTP, but then nothing.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @blueprudence

Are you still having issues submitting a support ticket?

@thetick2

What is your current ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • thetick2
    thetick2
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Bill 230214-001168

Issue is still occurring.

Using a gmail address, suggested I change it, so changed it to my Outlook address. No change. No OTP received. I doubt it is peak time as I am playing at 5pm WAST (+8 UTC).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @thetick2

Thank you for the ticket number. Please check your forum inbox for an update.
    Staff Post