The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does Forward Momentum protects against Dark Convergence?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
And if one has it active, you won't get snared right?>

Or do you have to be snared, then activate it?

Thanks,

Z
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rush of Agony and Dark Convergence seem to ignore the rules of CC immunity. The only time it does work is if the player who pulled you in previously with Rush of Agony has a cool down on that pull. However, another player using dark convergence or rush can trigger another pull.

I've seen a small group of WW wrecking having using Rush of Agony with Plaguebreak and they must of been running with a Nerco as he was using Dark Convergence. It was pull, pull, pull, pull by Rush and than we got hit by the debuff from the Nerco who also did a pull from Dark Convergence wiping out 12 of us.

To my knowledge even with CC immunity active you can be pulled.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 17, 2023 5:50PM
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Dark convergence is a cc. Pulls, stuns, knockdowns, fear, all are cc. The cc immunity is separate from snare or immobilize immunity. You can still be snared/immobilized while cc immune and vise versa. So something like forward momentum or race against time will not protect you against dark convergence.
    Edited by Dirt_Rooster on January 18, 2023 12:48AM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both of these other comments are misleading.

DC is a CC, so Forward Momentum will not keep you from being pulled.

However, you are correct in assuming that DC has a snare attached to the zone. Forward Momentum will keep you from being affected by this snare. If you get pulled by DC, break free, hold block, cast Forward Momentum, and walk out.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CameraBeardThePirate

" pulled by DC, break free, hold block, cast Forward Momentum, and walk out"

Thank you!!!!! I did not realize hold block was needed!
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that anyone else is wrong but it's also worth noting that if you block at the right time you won't get pulled at all. I don't think it's an immediate pull it happens 1 or 2 seconds after the fact. So there's time, if you don't panic.

Basically what you don't want to do is roll. Because the roll will happen then as soon as you stand up that's when the pull happens. Best to just stand still and block for a second or two, then cast forward momentum and run away from the follow-up.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Not that anyone else is wrong but it's also worth noting that if you block at the right time you won't get pulled at all. I don't think it's an immediate pull it happens 1 or 2 seconds after the fact. So there's time, if you don't panic.

Basically what you don't want to do is roll. Because the roll will happen then as soon as you stand up that's when the pull happens. Best to just stand still and block for a second or two, then cast forward momentum and run away from the follow-up.

It happens 1 sec after the aoe appears. You can learn when to block by listening to the sound, or by downloading an addon if you're on PC.

It is still important to hold block and cast snare immunity if you do get pulled. You could dodge roll to get out, but most of the time DC combos are aoe so dodging will not protect you from the combo after the pull. The safest bet if you get pulled will always be to hold block, cast snare immunity/expedition, and walk out.

Also important to note that swapping bars will drop your block, so if you see a DC come down, don't swap bars right away or you will get pulled (this is probably what happens about 70% of the time people complain about being pulled through block).

Finally, Major Evasion is absurdly valuable in today's meta. The major expedition given by Elude or Quick Cloak will help escape, and major evasion's defensive power is extremely strong against bombs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, well said Mr. pirate beard.

Between DC, rushing agony, Jesus beams, and the always somewhat popular spin to win it really isn't a super safe meta to be rolling in. Not that rolling doesn't still have its time and place-- but honestly I find blocking MUCH better lately. Especially on console when you might be fighting/reacting to the enemy Infront of you but you may or may not realize you're also being attacked from behind.

When I'm on my game in bgs and blocking heavily I hardly ever die in bgs. I laugh at bow ultis and Jesus beams. I laugh at every DC that isn't combined with a Colossus. When I'm not playing well and rolling more than I should the deaths come.