The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question on back bar procs.

flguy147ub17_ESO
flguy147ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, i was wondering exactly how back bar procs work. For example. if i have rallying cry on my back bar and my back bar has the heal. So i get the i have a hot while on my back bar but my crit on the heal is when i get back to my front bar. Will i still get the Rallying Cry proc or would i need to stay on my back bar until i get the crit heal to proc it? I hope this made since. Thanks.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    You need the fifth bonus in order to receive the buff which means you have to be on your backbar and crit heal in order to get it. The buff effects carry over both bars but you need to be on the backbar to proc it.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need the fifth bonus in order to receive the buff which means you have to be on your backbar and crit heal in order to get it. The buff effects carry over both bars but you need to be on the backbar to proc it.

thanks, i recently came back after years and i remember running lich on back bar but not sure what all has changed. but lich is totally different then how something like rallying cry would run. thanks again
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thanks, i recently came back after years and i remember running lich on back bar but not sure what all has changed. but lich is totally different then how something like rallying cry would run. thanks again

Lich and rally cry are very similar in how they run

Lich, on your back bar below a threshold of magicka, you will get increased mag recovery that carries over to front bar

Rally cry, on your back bar after a crit heal you gain wd sd and crit resist that carries over to the front bar

Hope this is very clear
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is basically why Rallying Cry works just as well on the front bar as on the back bar. If you always bar swap right after vigoring up on your back bar, then the set may work better for you on the front bar. In my experience, though, you just want to have a HOT running and it triggers well enough on either bar. Say you are a magblade and you hit things with Swallow Soul. That procs a HOT that can set off a back-barred Rallying Cry once you bar swap. It works both ways.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB