The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Trouble bringing up chat box

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For most of my characters, ‘Enter’ brings up the chat menu, but not for the last three. I have to hit ‘Esc’ and then click on the chat menu. I checked and ‘Enter’ is set as the keybind on these characters to bring up chat, so I’m at a loss as to what the problem could be.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 7, 2023 4:47PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps try clearing the keybind, then resetting it ? I have no idea if that will work, but it's worth a try.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have an addon that may not have been updated with the new three characters that was already set for the others perhaps?
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it! Thank you for the suggestions! I reset all keybinds but realized that that wasn’t the problem — the cursor appeared in the chat box but my cursor was still locked to the camera/view so I could click to select chat channel, etc. So finally I looked more thoroughly elsewhere and found that on the problem characters, under Settings > Social, HUD Cursor On Entry was switched off. Switching it on solved the problem. I don’t know whether the default changed or if I messed this up in the initial set-up of these characters, but I am relieved to have this fixed now! :sweat_smile:
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update regarding the chat box. As the OP has found the solution, we will go ahead and close the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.