Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea to eliminate the need for Furniture storage in inventory:

delta_mystic
delta_mystic
✭✭✭
Idea to eliminate the need for Furniture storage in inventory:

Many Furniture items like Monster Trophies, ESO+ freebie statues, etc.are accessed through the Browse list in the Housing Editor once obtained. They only exist in the Browse list and never take up an inventory slot. Why not make all obtained Furniture items in inventory Bindable to the Browse list as well?

Furniture inventory items from event rewards, treasure chests, Crafting, etc. could be right-click 'Bind' to the Browse list in the Housing Editor, similar to how gear items are Bound to the 'Sticker Book' in Collections. Craft the item once, Bind it, and it becomes accessible from the Browse list in any quantity in any house on any character. The actual inventory item disappears after you Bind it.

Hoarding Recipes for alts won't be necessary because alts can Place items already in the Browse list when inside the Housing Editor.You would then only need to Craft the bindable Furniture inventory item to trade/sell/give to other players, Guild Traders, or Guild Bank. Crafting would still require learning a Recipe, but only on one character. Many players only use one Crafting character anyway.

so what do you think? Any pros, cons, or other considerations I may have left out?
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Just use one of your extra houses as storage.

I use my Psijic Villa as sort of a furniture swap meet. Whatever I am not using, I just place it in organized rows in the Villa. If I want something for one of my other homes, I just go "shopping" at the villa and grab what I like.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes away from the incentive to repeat content in the game. Players wanting several of those nice looking pieces of glass go kill a few (or many) dragons. Being able to place multiple items that you normally would need to craft creates the same problem. No need to farm materials.
    Would also take away players need to search for recipes if they want to craft items themselves and tank the market for players that use those recipes and furniture as a way to generate gold.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »

I use my Psijic Villa as sort of a furniture swap meet. Whatever I am not using, I just place it in organized rows in the Villa. If I want something for one of my other homes, I just go "shopping" at the villa and grab what I like.

Some of us don't have 'extra' houses for our own personal Ikea. All i have are hotel rooms and they only hold like 15 or 30 items, and that fills up FAST, and is hard to see everything in such a tiny room.

My bank is stuffed with furniture stuff, as are my storage containers.

i have my main house, besides those hotel rooms and that's it. i've been since trying hard as i can to make gold to buy an Ikea property... but as it stands now, 1, 000, 000 is a lot of gold to make, and takes time for regular players.

If everyone had a huge property given to us, yeah sure, easy to say to use that.... but for new players who don't have real world money to blow on crowns and such, it's a laughable thing to say.
    Edited by Thee_Cheshire_Cat on January 13, 2023 7:00PM
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have furniture crates on the test server. They could implement that on live, but they haven't.

I'm sure the art team did not envision us using their beautiful homes they worked so hard on as cluttered warehouses.

I do not use any houses as warehouses, but instead have characters as mules and my bank. That way I can use Inventory Insight addon to see if I already have any furniture piece I want before crafting it. (I browse the ESO-fashion website first to see what I want).
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    They have furniture crates on the test server. They could implement that on live, but they haven't.

that sounds intriguing How does that work?

• Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    For players that are avid about housing and crafting, and have played a while, having one house as a warehouse for items quickly becomes "not enough". Some form of item storage ( no crowns required ) would be greatly appreciated but must be designed so that it does not negatively impact the price of mats and or plans/blueprints etc.

Furnishing items from Leads can now be purchased from an NPC once you have collected 3 of the selected items. Perhaps something along a similar mechanic can be done with furnishing items ? If the created items were stored in a catalogue format - you create the item and then "store it " with the Warehouse NPC and can view the warehouse contents as thumbnail images ( much like the Preview option on creation of an item ). A nominal fee could be applied based on a per transaction and/or a warehouse "space" tax and be a small gold sink for the game.

Just wondering if the above method would be more or less demanding on servers than the existing model where alts/chests and houses are used as storage units.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭

it's the craft bag but for furniture
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    OMG yes please!
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, they should make a 'furniture bag' similar to the already existing 'craft bag' for materials. Furniture can go into the furniture bag and not take up inventory space and don't need to be warehoused in any houses. That is the most elegant solution.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    To just say, without criticism or attack, there is a time when enough is enough. If you have only 1 house and its basically done, there's is no need to hoard furniture. I've run into these situations were i have stuff from older builds, it stinks but sometimes you just need to clean out the garage and have a yard sale.

I agree with what has been said many times, a furniture bag that functions like the craft bag to store unused furnishings would be preferred, or a way to break them down for the materials used to make them.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

it's the craft bag but for furniture

Would this be a another subscription/charge?
    I would consider paying for unlimited storage of items.

side note
    Yard sales would be a good idea...have people pop in pay and take!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us don't have 'extra' houses for our own personal Ikea. All i have are hotel rooms and they only hold like 15 or 30 items, and that fills up FAST, and is hard to see everything in such a tiny room.

i have my main house, besides those hotel rooms and that's it. i've been since trying hard as i can to make gold to buy an Ikea property... but as it stands now, 1, 000, 000 is a lot of gold to make, and takes time for regular players.

If everyone had a huge property given to us, yeah sure, easy to say to use that.... but for new players who don't have real world money to blow on crowns and such, it's a laughable thing to say.

There’s Hall of the Lunar Champion that you get early (the main room of) in the Northern Elsweyr story that has the max furnishing cap. :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For players that are avid about housing and crafting, and have played a while, having one house as a warehouse for items quickly becomes "not enough".

This is why I have TWO, Artaeum and Doomchar, as warehouses. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    thanks to everyone for so many cool ideas!! B)
  • gorky1
    gorky1
    ✭✭✭
    I proposed something similar to this in the past.

But I was thinking in terms of similar to the sticker book with many categories.

Also the ability to store more than 1 item in it too.
    E.g. Common lantern x1
    Telvanni simple chair x3
    Bone throne x1
    Simple rock x15

Ideally, each of those above could be used in all houses, not just as one time items.
    I think that would allow for people to create really cool houses!
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Add a new tab to the craft bag that holds all your housing items in it. Doesn't matter that the housing items are not crafting items, the functionality of the craft bag is EXACTLY what people that like ESO's housing want. An infinite space that can hold housing items, and can be accessed on any character? Yes.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And a Survey/Treasure bag for those!

NOTE: Many houses that can hold more things are much cheaper than 1 mil gold.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Arictheana
    Arictheana
    ✭✭✭
    I know this was back in January, but I'm using Antiquarians, Coldharbour Estate, Shalidor's, Hunding's Paltial Hall, Moon-Sugar meadow, Quondam Indorilia, and Stillwaters Retreat all as storage houses.

Please, add a storage for furnishings that works like the crafting bag ZOS.
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    I use several homes as pure storage areas for furnishings. In addition I use several alts as furnishing mules.

Basically I keep the larger stacks in the mules, and place the low stack items in the homes.

I would sure like to have something like a crafting bag instead.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep what furnishings I have in the bank so they are always accessible to all my homes. I don't keep a lot of furnishings but rather craft or buy pieces as I have a need for them.

I don't understand where players are getting so many furnishings that they are filling up 700 slot homes and still need room.
    PCNA
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep what furnishings I have in the bank so they are always accessible to all my homes. I don't keep a lot of furnishings but rather craft or buy pieces as I have a need for them.

I don't understand where players are getting so many furnishings that they are filling up 700 slot homes and still need room.

Luxury furnisher is one obvious source. So something will pop up that you might use months or a year down the line. Meanwhile, you need to store it (eg a few weeks ago I bought 14 spotlights -- if you can't store that in a chest, inventory or bank, then that's a full 14 slots out of 700 in your "warehouse" house gone). If you don't buy from the furnisher directly you will usually have to pay multiples of the original price to get the item you want from guild traders (assuming you can find it at guild traders at all).

And crafting something that uses a lot of materials only to find that, because the preview is so limited, it's nothing like what you had in mind in reality and won't work for what you thought you were going to do with it.

Paintings picked up in the world, for some people limited time crown store furnishings packs. Etc etc.

There's also the incredibly irritating fact that though if you put a stack in the housing storage chests it sits there as a stack, the moment you try out one furnishing from that stack, when you put it back it goes back, not into the stack, but as a separate item, and eventually you get plain fed up of hauling everything out into your character's own inventory to make it re-stack and then putting it back in the chest again.

I mean, they could even create a house that is explicitly designed as a warehouse, its contents accessible from the housing interface in any other house. But if they did they'd probably charge crowns for it.
    Edited by Northwold on April 11, 2023 8:45AM
  • gusthermopyle
    gusthermopyle
    ✭✭
    Or just let us decon furnishings.

Housing enthusiasts will often have multiple storage houses. It's important to have a large stash of items to try out in building - e.g. lighting options, when you're working on something you may need to try several different light sources to see the various effects/colours etc & buying/crafting every time you need to just see what something may look like is unrealistically expensive and time consuming. You need to have a ready supply of many furnishings to try out. EVERY player focused on housing has several storage homes & maybe 1000+ pieces across them.

Personally, I also have a large amount of bound furnishings (from antiquities/crown store etc) that cannot be sold and are sometimes rare or expensive items that I cannot just destroy to make space.

It's just got to the stage now where any one who is dedicated to housing has to juggle inventory and bank space with storage houses and it is a real struggle at times, when we should just be focused on being creative.

Furnishing bag or decon option has to come sometime soon. Please.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

Luxury furnisher is one obvious source. So something will pop up that you might use months or a year down the line. Meanwhile, you need to store it (eg a few weeks ago I bought 14 spotlights -- if you can't store that in a chest, inventory or bank, then that's a full 14 slots out of 700 in your "warehouse" house gone). If you don't buy from the furnisher directly you will usually have to pay multiples of the original price to get the item you want from guild traders (assuming you can find it at guild traders at all).

And crafting something that uses a lot of materials only to find that, because the preview is so limited, it's nothing like what you had in mind in reality and won't work for what you thought you were going to do with it.

Paintings picked up in the world, for some people limited time crown store furnishings packs. Etc etc.

There's also the incredibly irritating fact that though if you put a stack in the housing storage chests it sits there as a stack, the moment you try out one furnishing from that stack, when you put it back it goes back, not into the stack, but as a separate item, and eventually you get plain fed up of hauling everything out into your character's own inventory to make it re-stack and then putting it back in the chest again.

I mean, they could even create a house that is explicitly designed as a warehouse, its contents accessible from the housing interface in any other house. But if they did they'd probably charge crowns for it.

I used to buy multiples of items from the luxury vendor that I thought I may use some day then I realized it actually cost me more to do it that way. The reason being that if I bought 10 items that cost 10k each and I never used the items I was out 100k and my bank was filling with items I really had no use for. If I don't buy an item and I find a use for it later I know I can almost always find it on a guild trader. I may end up spending 15k instead of the 10k luxury vendor price but I've only spent 15k, not 100k for items that aren't being used and are taking up valuable space.

Then we also need to consider the cost of a house that can't be decorated because it's full of unused furnishings.

The same with paintings and other similar items. I keep one of each and sell the rest. And if a crafted item doesn't work for my space after all, I sell it too.

I never buy anything I don't need just because they are limited time offers. FOMO is not a factor for me.

I cleared out over half my furnishings after I realized all this and made some nice gold in the process.
    Edited by SilverBride on April 11, 2023 5:12PM
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So others play differently than you do. That doesn't negate a strong desire for a feature you don't want.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    So in the PTS patch notes for the new Chapter: Necrom: "Furnishing Packs now come stowed in a handy container, taking up less space in your inventory until you are ready to use them."

Devs, it's time to give us furniture storage crates on the live servers. We now know it's possible. We NEED this.
    Edited by SpiritKitten on April 18, 2023 12:16AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So in the PTS patch notes for the new Chapter: Necrom: "Furnishing Packs now come stowed in a handy container, taking up less space in your inventory until you are ready to use them."

Devs, it's time to give us furniture storage crates on the live servers. We now know it's possible. We NEED this.

Not it is only packaged "until use". No storage bag and no way to put them back in.

Not that big of a deal.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    They could give us a Housing Companion, to hold 210 furnishings so we don't have to put them in the bank (for those who have filled up storage house, all storage coffers, and created a guild bank to store even more furnishings in there).
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could give us a Housing Companion, to hold 210 furnishings so we don't have to put them in the bank (for those who have filled up storage house, all storage coffers, and created a guild bank to store even more furnishings in there).

They could do many things to help QoL, but they don't seem very interested in that. Enough here will also argue you should just get rid of all that furniture!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(Looks at this message, then back at their 8+ warehouse homes, then slowly backs away from the discussion…)
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no use for the Deadlands house they gave us so I've nicknamed it Dumping Ground....
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!